Anti-brexit march

chrisjpainter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44575929

I voted remain, and would do so again - but not at the expense of democracy. Remain lost, now it's time to show a united country, not bicker and argue about it. What possible good can come out of this? A second referendum is a disastrous idea.

I see Baldrick's in on it. Would this be one of his cunning plans?

3 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I voted remain, and would do so again - but not at the expense of democracy. Remain lost, now it's time to show a united country, not bicker and argue about it. What possible good can come out of this? A second referendum is a disastrous idea.

I agree and am much the same, except IF there was a second referendum I would now vote leave.  Reason: We have learned more about the EU's attitude - most of which has been very negative.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I agree and am much the same, except IF there was a second referendum I would now vote leave.  Reason: We have learned more about the EU's attitude - most of which has been very negative.

My position exactly. At least by voting remain we can be smug if it all falls apart!

16 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Good on you, if only more where like you, everyone should be able to have their own opinions and have a say at the voting booth but a democratic decision should always be respected.

18 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Well said that man, I also voted remain but let’s get on with it.

Edited by blackbird

9 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

These marches are being organised by the mob that George Soros gave all that money to presumably?

There's little doubt of his involvement to some degree.

Makes you wonder what his aims are really, he funds antifa , black lives matter , various refugee NGOs flooding Europe with economic migrants, anti capitalist movements, and as we know ,chucks a substantial amount of money at overturning Brexit.

A cynical person would think he was trying very hard to destabilise certain western countries ?

Reminds me of Blofeld in SPECTRE, in the recent James bond films ?

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

There's little doubt of his involvement to some degree.

Makes you wonder what his aims are really, he funds antifa , black lives matter , various refugee NGOs flooding Europe with economic migrants, anti capitalist movements, and as we know ,chucks a substantial amount of money at overturning Brexit.

A cynical person would think he was trying very hard to destabilise certain western countries ?

Reminds me of Blofeld in SPECTRE, in the recent James bond films ?

It must help him sleep at night!:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It must help him sleep at night!:rolleyes:

Photo2.jpegEver wondered how these people fleeing war and persecution, arrive on the beach after a hazardous sea crossing, with a charged smartphone, with international roaming and internet enabled ?

Ever wonder how they get the thousand's needed to pay the people smugglers?

Edited by Rewulf

Oh I agree, there is far more to this than the "lilly livered let them all in" types will want you to believe.

The basic EU principle of claiming asylum in the fist place of safety you reach has never been enforced.

As has been said many times, the vast majority are young fit males running away from their countries rather than sort the problem out.

As a once proud country willing to assist the world sort its problems out, we are rapidly becoming the soft touch take 'em all in place that will spoil what we all were once enjoying.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Photo2.jpegEver wondered how these people fleeing war and persecution, arrive on the beach after a hazardous sea crossing, with a charged smartphone, with international roaming and internet enabled ?

Ever wonder how they get the thousand's needed to pay the people smugglers?

Lucky they all had the numbers of the rescue NGOs programmed into the phones before they set off. That's really a bit of a giveaway.  

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Lucky they all had the numbers of the rescue NGOs programmed into the phones before they set off. That's really a bit of a giveaway.  

The NGO ships are in contact with those nasty people smugglers, that's an established fact.

Collusion with criminals,I would call it.  Establishing a refugees highway between Libya and Italy.

The NGOs say they are saving lives by meeting the smugglers boats, but all they are doing is making the lives and incomes easier for the traffickers,who are often linked to terrorism.

So whoever is funding the NGO ships, is indirectly funding terrorists.

Malta ,it would seem doesn't take a single refugee, and the ships don't even try to dock there, go figure that one.

25 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The NGO ships are in contact with those nasty people smugglers, that's an established fact.

Collusion with criminals,I would call it.  Establishing a refugees highway between Libya and Italy.

The NGOs say they are saving lives by meeting the smugglers boats, but all they are doing is making the lives and incomes easier for the traffickers,who are often linked to terrorism.

So whoever is funding the NGO ships, is indirectly funding terrorists.

Malta ,it would seem doesn't take a single refugee, and the ships don't even try to dock there, go figure that one.

And Italy is going that way, how long until Spain call foul as they will be getting all of them.

Last year sometime, After watching news footage of a so called refugee interviewed after coming ashore somewhere, I pointed out, and asked the question , how come she has life in what looked like an iPhone?

She was wailing for the children she’d left behind ( no tears mind you ) and waiving around her mobile, and was then seen in the background talking on her phone. 

Is it me? 

A workmate who travels to and from Malta frequently informs me that nowadays the island is largely controlled by Mafia. I don’t know if there’s any truth in it. 

Edited by Scully

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Is it me? 

No; you have to remember that actually these people are the 'get up and go' ones in their society.  They aren't really 'refugees' at all.  They are the modern equivalent of all of the many migrants who populated America (and other places) - heading off to try to better themselves overseas.  By implication they are usually fairly reasonably well off (by their local standards), usually intelligent, and often have a good foreign language (often English) and are going where they believe there is 'a better life'.  They see a better future in Europe (and possibly specific countries within Europe) than they have or are ever likely to have in their own countries.

Whether this is the generous benefits system (about which they are usually well informed), the better standard of living, or the poor and corrupt society they are leaving that motivates them isn't really clear, but they are economic migrants not refugees.