Nice afternoon.

muncher

Wednesday evening I received a call from a farmer about some pigeons doing damage to his greens,so I quickly booked the afternoon of for the next day to try and eliviate the problem.i knew Motty couldn't get a day off with that short notice,so I asked my brother if he wanted to join me to which he agreed.The next day was quite windy with a strong north west wind so we set up close to a drain with rough cover behind.and the rotary in front slightly to out right and about 8 shell decoys in the greens. The first customer came straight in and was delt with,after that we had a very steady stream coming in , several would have a look and pay the price ,I was clicking every bird shot and noticed that we were shooting around 40 an hour. I did keep asking my brother not to shoot to many behind due to the difficulty picking up,but he couldn't help his self and as I had left my dogs at home his two would be busy.at around 4 o'clock it slowed down so we decided to pick up with 193 on the clicker. We packed up and hadn't picked as many as we liked so we went back to mine unloaded the gear and layed the birds out,then went back with my dogs and his and picked up another 30 by now it was 8 o'clock .The next morning early I dropped them into the game dealer with 177 picked and a Carrion crows,so worth a afternoon off.

IMG_20180621_192611478_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, motty said:

I was devastated at the time, but I am over it now. Good job there is always another day!

Well done, you two!

Good, it makes you want it more the next time.

1 hour ago, JDog said:

That Farmageddon never listens to instructions.

A fine outing an a good effort in returning to the field to pick more birds.

He said I'm always grumpy even when I'm shooting pigeons because I moaned at him!

34 minutes ago, ditchman said:

bloody nora........................outstanding.......:good:

Thank you it was quite something.

6 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

now that is very good shooting, one can only dream about.

I believe if we didn't have such a long pick up,we could of shot for two more hours at least.

Edited by muncher
Spelling

18 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Truly outstanding , what were the greens you were shooting over , I used to get some nice bags over young Broccoli but never as nice as your bags , well done to you and your brother and not forgetting the dogs for the hard work they put in .

I believe they are young cauliflower, I too have had good bags over broccoli.Rhw dogs were shattered by the end of it,but they so love it.?