Clay practice near Telford Sat / Sun 30/06 1/07

Agriv8

Evening chaps due to the mother in laws mother bartering some poor health professional my shooting plans to visit my local ground (Coniston) have changed as I will now be in Telford for the weekend.

So anywhere down near Telford that I can get some practice in ? 

Hodnet ? Seemed the obvious spot but I seem to remember you can’t just turn up and shoot.

should mention I have FAC and CPSA Membership!

give me some hope chaps as the though of spending the weekend being nice to the mother in law is already getting me down.

happy to travel up to an hour or pigeon bashing if anyone needs another gun .

please help thanks 

Agriv8

Oakedge ( Shugborough near Stafford ) Saturday 10-1pm , Millride all weekend 9-6pm JI M54,  

Hilton Park Gun club Sunday 9-1pm not far from Millride  J1 M54 left towards Cannock , first right after the traffic lights  1/2 mile on the left if you cross over the motorway you've just missed it.

Hilton Park looks like a good choice 20 mins from mother in laws and website indicates its run by its members. 

Thank you all for the help I will likely try some more from your list as time goes on.

Just got to get it passed by the Mrs know ,,??

• 1 month later...

Well seeing as I have now visited two grounds while escaping the mother in law I thought i had best say thanks and write up some feedback.

Firstly shooting in the blazing sun ? at both Hilton Park I had to wring my shirt out a couple of weeks ago,  and oak ridge this morning. Being a Yorkshire lad shooting when the sweat rather than the rain is running down you back is a strange experience !

Hilton Park plumped for the full 100 and a varied course of targets from the training sitters to the pair between the trees that I struggled to lock on to a single never mind the second but If they were all easy that would be no fun either. A fantastic set course that I will shoot again very friendly every stand I was greated by a are you shooting on your own can We/ I button score  for you. The only minor down side was the number of no birds which I am not used to. But to be fair maybe I was just unlucky.

So oak ridge today was a fantastic not as hot as hiltonpark and my new mesh vest was christened I had shot this ground a few years ago when they had a trapper at each station and was greeted by the rain. I was welcomed at reception and show the new computer plug dongle and it was explained which stands were on and that lower  the numbers the easier and the high numbers a lot more challenging. Let’s just say 125 cartridges later and I was checking I had not got another 25 stashed away in the van. Easy to shoot on own with the delay switch and the buttons a few stands were shot a pair of a’s a pair of b’s then the pair together. Again a good mix of targets And again very friendly shooters and very similar to layout and setup to my Coniston ground I will be practicing at oak ridge again 3 no birds I  125 birds is very good.

I am of sure I need to look any further for a ‘near Shifnal shooting ground’ and thanks for all the help.

Agriv8

Glad , you enjoyed both experiences Agriv8, Hilton is run by members for members, and yes we do have a few no-birds if the wind changes as we shoot between a lot of trees as you know . Alternative Sundays to Hilton we have The Wergs over the other side of the Motorway , so any Sunday you can shoot in that area.

Enjoy.