Resin Cabinet Bolt Anchor

Mr.C

1 hour ago, walshie said:

As above, 8mm washers, nuts and and a 10mm masonry bit. :good:

Make sure you get all the dust out of the hole before applying the resin. A straw works well. (Tip: Close your eyes when blowing.)

Use a can of ‘compressed air’ air duster or such like- failing that the vacuum cleaner attachment and a bottle brush as any dust will affect the adhesion of the resin

1 hour ago, eastdevon said:

Am following this as going to be moving soon myself, will I need to remove the plasterboard from the wall so back of cabinet is actually up against the masonry wall or ok to mount it against the plasterboard?????

You could drill holes through the plasterboard with a holesaw  and put washers between the cabinet and the masonry.

An easy way you could use, is how I've hung heavy radiators.

Put cabinet against wall. Mark holes.

Drill 16mm hole through the plasterboard. Push in a piece of 15mm copper pipe and mark it and cut it to length. You could use steel pipe to the same effect. 

This will leave you with a 'washer' about 1inch long. Pop that in the hole and drill a 6mm hole for the concrete screw. 

Bob' your mother' brother.

I have seen many cabinets fixed to block wall with a plasterboard and air gap using thunderbolts without it cracking or digging in the plasterboard. 

Most appear to sit on blocks of wood to lift it just proud of the skirting with the blocks secured together through the bottom holes of the cabinet with wood screws and washers.