Decoy Flapper

bigdev

Hi guys, did any of you get out at the weekend to try your new flappers that you got off Deako? And how did you get on? did the woodies fall for it? Also where did you place them in the pattern? And one final thing did you use the magnet with them? Hope to here alot of good reports.

:P Well Will sorry to disapoint you but........

We were out on Sat and used Deakos flapper

We only managed to shoot 104 but it was due to the **** cartridges

Deako what a magic piece of equipment cant wait for the rest

of the bits to come ie the remote and timer. If it works better

than it is now I might even have to get bulk order carts :lol::P

It certainly brought them in

Thanks again Deako

Brian :P:P

Thanks for your kind comments. :P

The timers and remotes will be undergoing final testing on Friday, in the local Sainsburys cold store!! :P ...reckon if they survive 12 hours in there, they'll be fine for a February day on the rape...test is to dunk in a bucket of water for 1 minute, then into the freezer until the next morning, then out in the field for a full days test, each unit running 10 flappers at a time. :P

Should be on sale in around a week.

Deako.

I would agree with the comments of BTMS and Markadams.Deako's flapper looks superb.I was out on Saturday but unfortunately it was rainy and there was no wind so I will try it later on during the week.

BTMS,did you use the flapper on its own or with a rotor?Did you place it on the side of your pattern?Any comments of your first experience with the flapper would be welcome.

Used mine first time on Saturday and my observations on just one 3 hour session are as follows.

1, Well made piece of kit and really looks the bizz.

2, Definately needs a switch/timer device of some sort.(so get it sorted Deako :P )

I found that it pulled the few birds that were in the area but the continual flapping seemed to put them off coming in close enough and it appeared that they were thinking that the "flock" were about to take off so they didn't drop down to join them.

I positioned it near the front of the U on the nearest leg to me.

Just spent some time rigging up a switch and some extra wire and am hoping to have another go with it tomorrow so i will try it again and see what happens.

A case of trial and error to get the best results on the day i think and look forward to other users comments.

:P

Doc,

Much the same as Ern but place it at inner front with 2 BOUNCERS at bottom of U

B D D D D

................. D

.................F D

........................DD<-------------------WIND

.........................D

..........................D

F

HOPEFULLY TIMER MAY BE READY FOR NEXT MONDAYS DAY OFF :P

Quite willing to do a test run :P

I didn,t use mine "in anger" this weekend, as I was travelling light between a number of fields.

I did try it in the garden on Sunday afternoon and I agree with ernyha, the constant flapping looks alarming and I can imagine it putting birds off.

Deako has said that a very cheap timer unit, will be available shortly and so I will wait for the very cheap timer unit, before I field trial mine. :P

Did I mention that the timer unit will be very cheap, or so Deako said ? :P

Cranners,

I can do a bit better than a 'best guess', but can't be 100% until I've agreed final specs with the electronics people, but...

Basic timer.....4 secs on, 6 secs off...around £35

Random timer...does its own thing, various on/off times according to what the chip tells it to do...around £40 ish

Long Range FM remote....control your flapper/pecker from whatever distance you choose, from a very compact unit...around £100.

The long range remote is by far the most expensive because its by far the most advanced, though it will do exactly as promised...there will be NO other remote available that will outperform this one, and as usual, we'll let you guys be the judge of it.

The units will be micro sized compared to whats currently on offer, and far more robust.

So far, only BTMS has seen a pre-production picture, I'm sure he will give his opinion, but for now, please bear with me for a few more days.

Thanks. :P

Teal,

For those who already have this timer, yes it should work fine.

The problem is that you need to have a jack plug attached to all your motorised decoys /flappers, as its a plug in model. We're trying to get away from this and get to the stage where everything is connected with piggyback spades, to enable all our new timers to work with all our products and everybody else's, whilst allowing any number of products to be connected to the one timer/remote.

Whilst I appreciate we won't satisfy all needs, we should cover most customers 'wish lists' with a bit of luck!

We also want to get an electrical product that is just about 'fail-safe' in the field, and thats the issue that has forced us to contract out to the electronic experts who know a bit more about it than me! (which is not difficult :P )

Deako. :P

excuse my ignorance but if you have several peckers, flappers and maybe a rotor all connected to the same timer, wont it make everything move at once then everything stop together?

Wont this look un-natural and spook the pidges?

shouldn't the idea be to have everything moving in a random fashon to be as realistic as possible? :P

VD,

When its all done, I'll try and do a video clip for the website, all this typing takes me bloody ages!

The issue of multiple timers/remotes/connectors can become mind boggling.

Suffice to say, there will be something for everyone, at a price for everyone...anyway, Will is about to post!

Thats put you back in your place will :P

Not really.

We only have one place sunshine. Thats at the top, and its staying that way. :P

Glad you feel that you got a bargain anyway. You might regret spending your money on a "skanky" product when you see what we have lined up for release soon :D Pure innovation.

Deako: Give my regards to PJ Decoys and remind them that although they might think they're clever "boys" now........they're about to get shot down in flames over the next few months.

Its all been sewn up now haaaa haa haaaa haaaaa: New designs, new ideas, new partnerships. Looks like we're now favourite to sell decoys "flocked in multiple colours to produce stunning realism" :lol::P:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Timer unit as Deako says is tiny about the size of a 1p piece looks good. :P

Long range remote could have several uses ie if magnet set up on other

side of field with plastic bags on them to scare the pigeons

when you see them landing there zap starts machine

or you are clever enough set a "noise machine" or something of that ilk

Something to think about Deako a remote scarer before someone else thinks of :P

Sharp Deako Sharp like the comment