Ebay

catchthepigeonmutley

Anyone know how to ensure only UK sellers come up when I am searching for items on Ebay?  

I've got my preferences set for UK sellers only but I am still mostly getting cheap Chinese rubbish.  At the top of each item it states 'Item Location' as somewhere in the UK, sometimes spelt correctly, sometimes not (Lundon, Summerset, Lester), but when I scroll down to the bottom of the add there is the sellers address in China.  It's very annoying.  Any help, advice, sympathy etc. gratefully received.  Thanks.

I usually set nearest first and a price range if applicable. Or you can set a maximum distance on the side parameters, if you want to use lowest price.  Set a lower price to filter out the really cheap stuff if its buy it now.

Used stuff is rarely from China.

Then check address at bottom if its a business seller if something is of interest.

You will never filter them all out, but this will get rid of a fair few.

Some Chinese sellers do have warehoused stock over here.

A lot of the Chinese (and other origins) put "Manchester" (and others) and use a redirection service.

I have been caught several times and have always demanded a free return and full refund from eBay (which I have got every time).

Buyer beware is one thing but openly conning people is surely fraud?

You can download an extension for your browser.... at least that’s what I think it’s called. My eBay item search results now have “UK only” at the top of the page. Don’t ask me how to do it though as with most things tech, I leave it to my nipper!

On 27/06/2018 at 21:57, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i have had that in the past, chinese sellers posting from UK, i just thought Manchester must have one big ***** warehouse

hello, just to add i just made another purchase on Ebay and it said UK based, had a long tracking number, more than likely chinese as company called greenteatime:rolleyes: