GMK Turnaround times

eastlincs

Anybody had any experience with Gmk warranty work? Got a brand new gun 4 weeks ago, took it back to the dealer a few days later as there was a fault. He sent it back to GMK and not heard anything since, the dealer that is. Originally he said probably be 7-10 days. Today is 21 days. Is this normal time scale?

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Why did you not exercise your legal rights and ask for a refund or replacement?

Having bought a gun to use it is not acceptable that you are left without the use of it for any length of time.

Didn’t really think anything of it to be honest, the Gun was fine but I went for my first lesson and the gun got a few rain drops on. Wiped it all off, not a problem. But few hours later all the marks appeared in the stock and wouldn’t come off. I only went back to the delaers with it to get some oil to take the marks out not to complain About But they said as it’s new he’d rather I let them send it back to GMK for them to look at and sort. Which was fine with me as I was off away. But now I want it back lol.

31 minutes ago, stevo said:

Who was the dealer and what was the fault ? 

Derek lees. He was brilliant to be fair no complaints from me about them, they where the ones that said it’s not acceptable and wanted to return it. I was happy to get some oil to try get it off until they said that. Marks on the stock was the issue. 

Guest stevo

Yes Derick is fantastic with that sort of thing , he will not tolerate that kind of ****  , I have never waited more than two weeks of anything on my dealings with GMK . Give Derick a Bell tomorrow , trust me Derick, Paul, or Dave will not  mind you phoning so don’t feel like your bothering them . 

Edited by stevo

I'm not surprised the wood shop is flat out. A mate bought a new Beretta from elderkins last season. He had a trigger issue so took it back. Elderkins said they would get him a new one. No problem he thought. Goes to collect it, still had the tape o  the box. So brand new. Bill elderkin opens the box and the wood on the forend was not even close to matching the stock. Think blonde and brunette.

They scoured the shop to make it right. Beretta quality control needs to step up a notch.