Not quite easy peasy

motty

I got a phone call from Jules as I finished work on Tuesday afternoon. A farmer had phoned him to let him know that he had seen a few hundred pigeons on one of his recently vined pea fields. I hastily arranged a half day off for yesterday, as this particular farmer can count pretty well.

I met up with an already set up Jules at around 12.30pm. He was into double figures at this point. The hide position was next to a belt of trees, which would give us some shade later on. The wind was a little stronger than we expected, and this proved to make things a bit difficult for us. Though some pigeons decoyed perfectly to the magnet, others drifted wide on the wind. Had it been more still, I am certain that more would have committed. As it was we tried to make the best of it. We altered the pattern to no real avail. We deployed a second rotary, changed the positions, added a flapper and more dead birds. We just had to accept what we were getting. I also think that the surrounding food options helped - they didn't HAVE to come to us.

We got mostly singles, as pairs were rarely presented.  It didn't seem like we were shooting many, but we ended up with 102. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks again, Jules! (Pic please).

Vined pea fields? Some peas round here were only drilled ten days ago.

Maestro, you have the ultimate pigeon shooting partnership with your mucker Muncher. You each do your share of looking and finding some then you share your good fortune.

Edited by JDog

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Vined pea fields? Some peas round here were only drilled ten days ago.

Maestro, you have the ultimate pigeon shooting partnership with your mucker Muncher. You each do your share of looking and finding some then you share your good fortune.

It is nice to have someone to share good shooting with. I used to do a lot of my shooting alone. The fact we both have some good ground to go on is a bonus. I have even persuaded to Jules to drive round some of my land for a look.

3 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Sounds like a good day between you both, Munchers presentation is new and interesting. You shoot together as a team, similar to DB and myself and some weeks you support each other. The birds were not doing what you wanted but you managed a ton so it was a good result, well done.

PC, i was going to put them out all neat and in rows, but we were still clearing up and then i forget. I then came back after tea with the dogs to collect a few straglers in the dyke behind as i thought it was going to be to hot to take the muts out all day.I must try harder