Match fixing?

PPP

Well, they were both already through to the last 16.

I guess it depends if Colombia then Switzerland / Sweden is considered better than Japan followed by Brazil / Mexico.

Neither tie has clear merit and obviously England fancied the Colombia route, probably quite sensibly. Hardly evidence of match fixing is it?

1 hour ago, timmytree said:

They played for the best in the next round, that meant losing. 

I feel sorry for the people who payed to watch it, a dismal exhibition of a team that didn't want to win. Thats the result of the world cup system.

saw maybe 5 mins of the game, haven't heard anyone say they expected England to want to win, already qualified and this is so called the easier route? Let's see what happens when we run out against Columbia. 

did they play a weakand team?

6 hours ago, Mice! said:

saw maybe 5 mins of the game, haven't heard anyone say they expected England to want to win, already qualified and this is so called the easier route? Let's see what happens when we run out against Columbia. 

did they play a weakand team?

Up until now they have played weekend teams ?? 

playing to win and losing ... ok

playing deliberately to lose - match fixing and dishonest

Alhough, if they were trying to win ...... 

Well done Gareth and the team, good squad management is what playing tournament football is all about.

All the big teams do it, resting your main players when you can to avoid injuries and suspensions.

I actually thought Belgiums changes last night were bigger changes than England's, de Bruyne and Hazard are 2 genuinely world class players.

I also don't think England played to lose, wellbeck coming on for rose was a change made to get us a goal.

I’m not a great fan although I do like to see England do well. It’s my national team and I’d be lying if I said otherwise. 

It wasn’t match fixing; the suggestion is ridiculous, as Southgate said himself. 

Nothing to prove as they were already through. They had their chances but the finishing was poor; it’s almost a default setting. 

Hopefully things will improve when the strongest team is again played. 

I think you need to stick with what you boys know about as it’s clear football is not your subject.

the manager was spot on with what he did do you really think we wonted to win?

a good run out for the boys that had not played.

the big game will be Spain if thay get to the semifinals as England ??????? will make it there.

8 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Hardly match fixing, didn’t it used to be called playing poorly

If you have an easy game and you don’t need to win you run out your less experienced players and save the best lads for the games that count! 

Fixed that for you ??????

15 hours ago, The gouse said:

I think you need to stick with what you boys know about as it’s clear football is not your subject.

the manager was spot on with what he did do you really think we wonted to win?

a good run out for the boys that had not played.

the big game will be Spain if thay get to the semifinals as England ??????? will make it there.

It's clearly you that knows nothing about football. Of course the players on the pitch wanted to win

Show me a goalkeeper who is happy conceding goals, I've seen goalkeepers have a strop when they've been 7-0 up and then conceded in the last minute.

Raheem Sterling has been poor at best and Rashford went into the game against Belgium looking for goals to try and force out Sterling, even Wellbeck when he came on would've been thinking to himself that a goal or two could force Southgates hand.