A most see

Dougy

40 minutes ago, daveboy said:

He stated in the Video that the IRA used .50cals during the troubles.......I blame the local FEO for granting them a FAC certificate.

Yes but if they ban them all there wouldnt be any future troubles from anyone. 

I am amazed that the people in these positions can actually manage to feed themselves without taking an eye out. They have no idea whatsoever what its like outside their little worlds. When will they learn that its far easier to get hold of an illegal pistol than it is to acquire a FAC. And at that there should not be any in the UK anyway because they banned them years ago. 

On 30/06/2018 at 20:43, grahamch said:

Sorry l just cant see any reason for anyone to want or need a .5 inch bmg calibre weapon, guess the same goes for military look a like semi auto rifles and assualt rifle style shotguns. 

Just gives our sport a poor image.

How about because shooting them is ******* awesome?

Not that I'd know first hand because I've never shot one.

I'm not sure you have a firearms licence, but if you do then we all truly have no chance. There are plenty of shooting disciplines I'm not interested in, that doesn't mean I wouldn't give each and every one my support.

On 02/07/2018 at 15:01, daveboy said:

He stated in the Video that the IRA used .50cals during the troubles.......I blame the local FEO for granting them a FAC certificate.

On 02/07/2018 at 15:47, Dougy said:

Yes but if they ban them all there wouldnt be any future troubles from anyone. 

I am amazed that the people in these positions can actually manage to feed themselves without taking an eye out. They have no idea whatsoever what its like outside their little worlds. When will they learn that its far easier to get hold of an illegal pistol than it is to acquire a FAC. And at that there should not be any in the UK anyway because they banned them years ago. 

It's such a convincing argument to stand in Parliament and claim that we must urgently ban these rifles because, amongst other things, a couple of illegal ones were used 20 years ago!  So on that basis what the heck have successive governments been doing about this pressing public safety issue........oh yes, solving an urgent problem by consulting on the issue since October last.  Laughable really.

Smoking causes around 25,000 deaths from heart and circulatory disease in the UK each year. It costs the NHS between 3 and 6 £BILLION a year to treat smoking related illness.....

BUT!!!! smoking generates in the region of 12 £BILLION plus other direct tax from the tobacco industry into the treasury's coffers..so I suppose 25,000 deaths are pretty irrelevant when you are raking in that sort of cash. So I can't see anyone in government screaming to ban cigarettes in the near future; too many millions of  people who smoke also vote don't they. 

Edited by Graham M

9 hours ago, Graham M said:

Smoking causes around 25,000 deaths from heart and circulatory disease in the UK each year. It costs the NHS between 3 and 6 £BILLION a year to treat smoking related illness.....

BUT!!!! smoking generates in the region of 12 £BILLION plus other direct tax from the tobacco industry into the treasury's coffers..so I suppose 25,000 deaths are pretty irrelevant when you are raking in that sort of cash. So I can't see anyone in government screaming to ban cigarettes in the near future; too many millions of  people who smoke also vote don't they. 

Totally irrelevant.....no one can murder anyone with a packet of fags. 

11 hours ago, Scully said:

Totally irrelevant.....no one can murder anyone with a packet of fags. 

Sorry I upset you with my post, but if you could just try and concentrate a little all I was trying to do was to equate the banning of an item that not many people care about, which would be of no interest to the vast majority of the population, and the failure to ban an even deadlier item that millions of people care about, would prove be political suicide to ban.

Not too difficult was it now.

51 minutes ago, Dougy said:

+1

Makes you wonder what's going on in some folks heads. Still suppose the world's made up of all sorts. 

It really does doesn't it, when a simple parody is too difficult to follow.

Still, it takes all sorts I suppose.

Anyway Graham thanks for the explanation, but still fail to see why it has to do with the sport of shooting as that is what the hot topic is at the moment in parliament, and what this topic is about. 

Not whether or not your against smoking or what revenue it brings to the government. 

4 hours ago, Dougy said:

Anyway Graham thanks for the explanation, but still fail to see why it has to do with the sport of shooting as that is what the hot topic is at the moment in parliament, and what this topic is about. 

Not whether or not your against smoking or what revenue it brings to the government. 

Yes perhaps it was a bit off the wall. Not against smoking although I don't do it myself, as I don't see why anyone should be stopped from doing what is perfectly legal just because some people don't like it.

The same could be said about our argument for banning cars when pistols were banned. After all cars have killed a lot more people in this country than legally held (or illegally held) guns have.

I just wanted to show how stupid the government are about trying to ban a rifle that has NEVER been used to commit a crime in this country, whilst at the same time allowing people to die in their thousands whilst not doing anything about it (other than banging up the price in the pretence that it will stop anyone from smoking).

Been a long hot week.............:beer:

12 hours ago, Graham M said:

Sorry I upset you with my post, but if you could just try and concentrate a little all I was trying to do was to equate the banning of an item that not many people care about, which would be of no interest to the vast majority of the population, and the failure to ban an even deadlier item that millions of people care about, would prove be political suicide to ban.

Not too difficult was it now.

Don’t worry, you didn’t upset me. I’ll try to concentrate a little more in future. 

However, it’s still irrelevant and still for the reasons I gave. Think about it. Even bearing in mind the sound examples you made; no one needs a gun, and whilst an addict may need a fag they can’t walk into a classroom and murder the occupants even with a full packet of Players No6. To do so with a gun has the potential to bring down a government, banning smoking in public places won’t. 

Its also worth bearing in mind that neither guns nor smoking have been banned....yet. But when they are I’m sure the points you raised will play a part.

My apologies for being abrupt in my response to your initial post.