Fiocchi .410 3" Cartridges 6 or 7.5 shot

Eyefor

I'm looking to buy a small quantity (25 or less) to trial in a Remington 1100 Semi Auto .410 before buying a slab.

Anyone (within reasonable travelling distance) got any (or know of a dealer that has some) please?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Eyefor

23 minutes ago, Bluebarrels said:

Where are you ?

Just west of the A1, near KImbolton, not far from.....

3 minutes ago, alan barrett said:

Sporting Targets used to sell them.

...who haven't got any Fiocchi. I tried their Hull High Pheasant and my gun is blowing the primers out !!!

Edited by Eyefor

I'm using Hull high pheasant at the minute through the Hushpower,I've also used the Fiocchi and they seem a good shell just a tad noisy,if you was closer you could have had a box.

54 minutes ago, Eyefor said:

Just west of the A1, near KImbolton, not far from.....

...who haven't got any Fiocchi. I tried their Hull High Pheasant and my gun is blowing the primers out !!!

14 hours ago, Bluebarrels said:

I'm using Hull high pheasant at the minute through the Hushpower,I've also used the Fiocchi and they seem a good shell just a tad noisy,if you was closer you could have had a box.

Many thanks. I'll let you know if I'm heading down Hampshire any time soon and maybe you could let me know if you're heading back to Lincolnshire anytime...!!

1 hour ago, Bluebarrels said:

You shot any yet? And if so what do you think?

Yes.

Picked up the boxes of 6's Sunday AM and they are very good - no issues whatsoever so I've ordered a slab of the 7.5  as I'm mainly targeting magpies, rooks and squirrels - but, as you said, they are just a little bit noisy, but that is not an issue where I shoot.

The Eley Magnum 3" 18gm were also good, and quite a lot quieter, but not £30/slab quieter!!

I had issues with Hull, Gamebore and Lyvales - which I still intend to fully investigate - but at leat I've got something to shoot in the meantime!

Thanks for your offer of help.

PS Whose idea were the green cases for the Fiocchi? They are a real bugga to find in the grass when the Remy flings them a fair distance.

Edited by Eyefor

29 minutes ago, Eyefor said:

Yes.

Picked up the boxes of 6's Sunday AM and they are very good - no issues whatsoever so I've ordered a slab of the 7.5  as I'm mainly targeting magpies, rooks and squirrels - but, as you said, they are just a little bit noisy, but that is not an issue where I shoot.

The Eley Magnum 3" 18gm were also good, and quite a lot quieter, but not £30/slab quieter!!

I had issues with Hull, Gamebore and Lyvales - which I still intend to fully investigate - but at leat I've got something to shoot in the meantime!

Thanks for your offer of help.

PS Whose idea were the green cases for the Fiocchi? They are a real bugga to find in the grass when the Remy flings them a fair distance.

Yes not the best colour to find lol.

I bought some Hull high pheasant 19g from my local shop £8.10 a box,a certain cartridge supplier on line have the same cart at £9.80 a box then with delivery would cost £113 a slab,sometimes pays to shop local lol.

I bought a slab of Eley 18g subs from Bisley,£8 a box ,very good shells.

10 hours ago, Dasher said:

I use 3" Eley Trap #7.5 when I can't get hold of Fiocchi's.

Eley Trap 3" are very different to Eley 3" Magnums, but still not quite as good as the Fiocchi's

So you prefer the Fiocchi's?

99% of my shooting is live stuff so I may move to 6's if I find the 7.5's not doing the job properly, but I'm really enjoying the .410 which I haven't owned for over 50 years (last one was a single barrel folder). Saw a beautiful .410 over & under recently. I'm sure I can get one more (little) gun in my cabinet......

Fiocchi #7.5 every time if I can get them.

Fiocchi #7.5 are actually English #7 2.4mm so have plenty of power out to 42yrds for pigeons, but as we all know its patterns that kill and that with 18grams of 2.4mm in most guns will be 40yrds at the most.

30 minutes ago, Dasher said:

Fiocchi #7.5 are actually English #7 2.4mm so have plenty of power out to 42yrds for pigeons, but as we all know its patterns that kill and that with 18grams of 2.4mm in most guns will be 40yrds at the most.

That's very helpful. Thanks.

I might have to buy two slabs when they arrive at the shop!

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 18:05, Dasher said:

That is why I buy the Fiocchi 8s if i can.

On 05/07/2018 at 08:51, Longstrider said:

I have a rag-tag and bobtail assortment of 3" .410 cartridges that you'd be welcome to try a few of if that helps. I'm near Wellingborough so not too far from you. Let me know if you'd like me to sort a few out for you and I'll do so.

Hi,

That is a very kind offer. Thank you - but, having worked through 6 or 7 brands, I'm now sorted  with Fiocchi with Eley as a back up should the Fiocchi's become scarce.