pattern testing ,over bored barrels worth the hype ?

Guest stevo

Guest stevo
15 minutes ago, cookoff013 said:

While that is true, game guns are overbored too. To improve patterns.

That top pattern looks good

my thoughts too the DT has it , 

Guest stevo
12 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

I'm the first to say I'm no expert, but the al391 seems to have a tighter/denser pattern whereas the dt11 is more evenly spread. My main observation is a clay would struggle to get through either pattern. ? 

the whole idea of a top comp load is to deliver the best  / consistently balanced pattern across the whole target area . Not hot dense areas as they will result in losses , all that happens then is your going home early. 

2 minutes ago, stevo said:

the whole idea of a top comp load is to deliver the best  / consistently balanced pattern across the whole target area . Not hot dense areas as they will result in losses , all that happens then is your going home early. 

Everyday is a school day, however the environment still suffers whether it's an expensive plastic wad or a cheap plastic wad ?. (I promise I'll get bored with that soon enough ?)

Guest stevo
Just now, Ttfjlc said:

Everyday is a school day, however the environment still suffers whether it's an expensive plastic wad or a cheap plastic wad ?. (I promise I'll get bored with that soon enough ?)

clay grounds pick them all up , and reclaim all the lead . ones  I shoot / compete at ?

Guest stevo
3 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

Like your style, but I hear you're a pain as they can't find your spent lead from under all that clay dust ?

I always try to dust em in the same place , that way I just leave a nice neat pile . I like to do my bit ?

your have to come along with us one day , theres a few of us on here that shoot together regularly. its a good laugh too 

I always try to dust em in the same place , that way I just leave a nice neat pile . I like to do my bit ?

your have to come along with us one day , theres a few of us on here that shoot together regularly. its a good laugh too 

It certainly would be a good laugh as I haven't shot clays in over a year! ? used to go to grimsthorpe at least once a month, then the bloke I shot with moved away and my eldest isn't really into clays. The one and only time we went to Orston we gave the sporting a miss to try other things, shot 18 on the skeet, somehow managed 20/25 on the sportrap even though I kept forgetting which order they came in but I most enjoyed dtl. Can't remember my exact score as some were 2nd barrel breaks.

Guest stevo
17 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

It certainly would be a good laugh as I haven't shot clays in over a year! ? used to go to grimsthorpe at least once a month, then the bloke I shot with moved away and my eldest isn't really into clays. The one and only time we went to Orston we gave the sporting a miss to try other things, shot 18 on the skeet, somehow managed 20/25 on the sportrap even though I kept forgetting which order they came in but I most enjoyed dtl. Can't remember my exact score as some were 2nd barrel breaks.

every weekend im shooting at least one of the above places , 

today I was shooting Skeet doubles and Olympic skeet  , tomorrow im shooting English skeet somewhere , think were off to grimsthorpe week after next , I will give you a shout and your more then welcome to join us .

3 minutes ago, stevo said:

every weekend im shooting at least one of the above places , 

today I was shooting Skeet doubles and Olympic skeet  , tomorrow im shooting English skeet somewhere , think were off to grimsthorpe week after next , I will give you a shout and your more then welcome to join us .

Much appreciated mate ?

Guest stevo
51 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Stevo just take a Goose Call with you and imitate a Pink calling and J will hit nothing but the weather and thin air ?

im just wondering if I should meet up at a straw bailer somewhere first for an assessment, before we unleash him at grimsthorpe ,I have a few contacts in the Chelsea bun and shotgun club  if he don't make the grade haha ?

im just wondering if I should meet up at a straw bailer somewhere first for an assessment, before we unleash him at grimsthorpe ,I have a few contacts in the Chelsea bun and shotgun club  if he don't make the grade haha ?

My best was 78 at grimsthorpe thank you very much! Never got close to it after that :lol:

Guest stevo
10 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

My best was 78 at grimsthorpe thank you very much! Never got close to it after that :lol:

This always sounds patronising when someone says “that’s a good score for that ground you know “

At grimsthrope that really is a very respectable score ? 

25 minutes ago, stevo said:

This always sounds patronising when someone says “that’s a good score for that ground you know “

At grimsthrope that really is a very respectable score ? 

Cheers Stevo, bit freaky really but 3 times before the 78 I got 56, after the 78 we went again and I thought I was getting somewhere but then got 56 for the 4th time :lol: