Binoculars

ninjaferret

Oh come on TIGHTCHOKE :rolleyes:

My point is that in optics probably more than anything else quality matters, and buying a good used quality brand will not only give you the pleasure of clarity and light weight but will also retain, if not actually increase its value over time instead of buying something that looks like it should be strapped to a battleship and that never gets taken out because it's too heavy and bulky.

I'd actually gone to buy a slightly smaller pair of bins when I got these but looking thru them in the shop had me saying WOW, so I got them. Now I've got 3 pairs and this is the middle sized set. The other 2 are Opticron T3's, 10x42 and 10x25, both great value. The 10x25's aren't as bright as the Nikons but are slightly smaller, the 10x42's are slightly brighter than the Nikons but weigh nearly twice as much so you're less likely to take them out for a casual mooch. For just one pair the Nikons fit the bill nicely and will last a lifetime if looked after.

PS, there are some new Opticron T3's in various combinations on ebay at very good prices at the minute as end of line.

Edited by sitsinhedges

hello, i think a lot depends on budget or if you need the best that money can buy and use every day in work or what ever, years ago when i did a lot more shooting i did some research and found these PYSER EAGLE which do not compare with the likes of nikon but suitable for my needs, i put a post on here regarding pocket binos and ended up buying some hawks, then some were saying look for a pair of older german or japanese, and lucky this week i found some mark scheffel so now have 3 pairs to use.

8 minutes ago, redial said:

I've used top end makes getting on for £1,500 as it was then.

Also top end of mid price range and there may be around a grand difference between them and yes top end may be slightly better but not a £1,000 better.

When I first got my Opticron 10x42's I went to visit a friend who owns some big Swarovski's. Comparing them side by side, even he said that there wasn't that much difference. Apart from nearly 10x the price :oops:

8 hours ago, sitsinhedges said:

When I first got my Opticron 10x42's I went to visit a friend who owns some big Swarovski's. Comparing them side by side, even he said that there wasn't that much difference. Apart from nearly 10x the price :oops:

its like you were never gone ?