world cup

ditchman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Vince Green said:

The world cup is to quality football what the Eurovision song contest is musical excellence. 

If the football is so rubbish why are you bothering to watch it, or are you one of those weirdos who like to watch things just so they can then complain.

11 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Reading the comments, I must say its good to see everyone's behind their national side...☹️

Emotion versus realism.............I support the national team but it doesn't make me blind to their shortcomings!

2 hours ago, toontastic said:

If the football is so rubbish why are you bothering to watch it, or are you one of those weirdos who like to watch things just so they can then complain.

I don't have much choice, the in laws have big football parties with pizza and beer at every opportunity. World Cup, Euros, FA Cup, Champions League etc. Incidentally they also do the same on Eurovision night and Wimbledon final. Some big horse races too, but rugby cricket and F1, or any motorsport is totally blanked 

Edited by Vince Green

9 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I don't have much choice, the in laws have football parties with pizza and beer at every opportunity. World Cup, Euros, FA Cup, Champions League etc. Incidentally they also do the same on Eurovision night and Wimbledon final, but rugby cricket and F1, or any motorsport is totally blanked 

There is life outside tv! ?

10 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Fouling? It was nothing really compared to what goes on in a scrum, they just need to get on with it and deal out a little back. The trouble is the camera comes in too close these days.  

i was always outside the scrum but seen a lot of went on in there i played 9

Edited by Rim Fire

22 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I don't have much choice, the in laws have big football parties with pizza and beer at every opportunity. World Cup, Euros, FA Cup, Champions League etc. Incidentally they also do the same on Eurovision night and Wimbledon final. Some big horse races too, but rugby cricket and F1, or any motorsport is totally blanked 

Can I come, sounds like heaven

You have to kind of agree with everything above, they didn't finish the game off, let Columbia come back at them. The ref should have sent at least one player off when Kane was trying to take his penalty, but ultimately the lads did well holding there nerve to win the penalty shootout ? ? 

Very professional and well managed game! Though he played well.......If Sterling had converted some of the chances he had in front of goal, England would be firing on all cylinders!.........Then look out the opposition!

Well done England!

Happy for England, but really, compared to both yesterday's games, it was like the game was being played on flypaper. One of the odd things about this World Cup has been the imbalance of standards either side of the draw.

But you can only play who's in front of you and England have beaten all their opponents thus far. You can't ask for more than that.

6 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Happy for England, but really, compared to both yesterday's games, it was like the game was being played on flypaper. One of the odd things about this World Cup has been the imbalance of standards either side of the draw.

But you can only play who's in front of you and England have beaten all their opponents thus far. You can't ask for more than that.

You will find some in Belgium who disagree. ???

To much realiant on set plays and falling over...and sterling is to wastefull might be good to watch but other teams would drop him for someone who can score it will cost them...they ceem to lack the invention needed to beat a top side in open play.....even tho im glad to see any home nation doing well....

Not perfection, but a good quite convincing win and England are in the semi finals, a prospect we could not have imagined a few months ago.

Just to get out of the qualifying rounds was considered a miracle.

Good luck to the team, I definitely want them to get to the Final and win.:good:

We're looking alright, aren't we! After Croatia's two performances, I'm not scared. On paper, they should beat us, but they've not been great against two weak sides (Denmark and Russia) and have had to do the full 120+pens both times. They're playing Modric too deep, so I'm quietly confident. I just wish Stirling could provide the end product! I'm worried that we'll be in a game where we get one chance to win it - and it falls to him and he just hits the keeper.

Still, let the ride go on!