world cup

ditchman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a suggestion going round that both teams today will be fielding reserves because neither team (or anyone else frankly) give a toss about 3rd/4th place play off...……..  or is that just an advance excuse for England losing?

On 14/07/2018 at 10:13, Dekers said:

There seems to be a suggestion going round that both teams today will be fielding reserves because neither team (or anyone else frankly) give a toss about 3rd/4th place play off...……..  or is that just an advance excuse for England losing?

From the highlights I saw, hazard, de bryne and lukaku are not reserves.. 

1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

From the highlights I saw, hazard, de bryne and lukaku are not reserves.. 

as full strength as either side could have been. england made changes - but only because of injuries. it was a brilliant world cup all round. Wish i'd laid money on france, i picked them before it even began!

France were the standout team with some world class players - Mbappe being the best.  We did well to end up 4th out of 32, considering we were lumbered with Ali, Henderson, Lingard, Dier and Sterling. Why we didn't play Vardy is one of life's mysteries.

10 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

France were the standout team with some world class players - Mbappe being the best.  We did well to end up 4th out of 32, considering we were lumbered with Ali, Henderson, Lingard, Dier and Sterling. Why we didn't play Vardy is one of life's mysteries.

Was vardy not supposed to be nursing a groin strain?? I could have imagined it.

Was vardy not supposed to be nursing a groin strain?? I could have imagined it.

Wasn't aware of this, but Vardy with a groin strain would have been better than those I mentioned. Our defence looks good enough - Harry Kane is good enough, but it is the space between the defence and Harry where we have very little.

7 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Totally agree, surprised nothing similar happened in the riots to be honest. 

hello, i have only ever been to 1 first division football match, many years ago when you had to stand and youngsters in the front, early 1980s sons 8 and 10, man u against leeds united, NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!