A400 problems

Never had a A400 but many report trouble on shotgun world and other sites, might be an idea do some searching try and draw your own conclusions from the whole list of good and miss information in the INTERNET there might just be a common recurring fault that they have.

My thought immediately jump to the possibility the ammo you were using might not suit the gun, time of year and the fact its this forum sugest you might be pigeon shooting or clay shooting with perhaps light mild ammunition that perhaps dont function well in the A400, try some bigger bit quicker rounds see if its failing on them, Good luck.

It could well be the shells length i am not familliar with the A400, but i think its probably more down to the mild nature of the 32 grams you were using . Look for a bit livelier 32 gram a good chance it will be fine, you need to try a few options some times with semi autos not all of them work well on all loads some are more particular than others.

2 hours ago, Karl k said:

Been on the clays this morning and hasn’t missed a beat I’m shooting 28 gram yesterday was 32 gram on the pigeons 

I think it wwas because yesterday they were 65m and today 70m ??

Just read that the A400 shoots longer shells better than the shorter ones. Seems to like 3.5" shells the best.

Do you know what had similar the other day whilst shooting a few pigeons using hull super fast pigeon. Only really noticed it when shooting a single cartridge then offering another one into carriage at the bottom of the action and finding it jammed, then having to rack breech back expelling cartridge then press little snib by carriage and going through the motion as you would if you were just starting the loading process. Really was frustrating must have happened 6-10 times. Never really noticed it shooting clays as always loading two and shooting two. Been shooting eley first. Both cartridges are 70 mm I think. I’ve since given the gun a clean, gas port all good, see what happens next time. Never happened before.

Guest cookoff013

usually semi autos have set issues. not black magic or voodoo.
semi autos usually are for 70mm plus loads. 

if you read most manuals it says for 70mm+ shells. this "can" be due to the extractor mechanism designed for 70mm+ shells, the ejection spring may need that +5mm travel to work effectively. most 70mm shells are not 70mm to be pedantic but shorter, but that also means the 65mm shells are not 65mm, 64-63mm. 

cook.

I had similar problems with my A400 Xplor..............fired a shot , second cartridge cycled and then jammed in the action behind the empty case which hadn't ejected and was only partly extracted out of the chamber.

Tried lots of different cartridge loads and lengths, the problem didn't happen every time I had a shot but it progressively got worse to the point where I was just waiting for it to happen again and losing concentration. The general opinion was that dirt(although it was a new gun and regularly cleaned)/fussy with cartridges/extractor not working properly was the cause.  As it turned out it was absolutely nothing to do with any of these.

Sent it back to GMK who replaced the large spring which fits over the magazine and cycles the action.

Never had a problem since despite firing a few thousand shots with various cartridges and loads. Really pleased with the gun and confident that it won't jam again.

I think your best bet is to send it back to GMK.

Had a very similar issue with a new A400 excel a few years ago. Went back to GMK and they couldn't fix it so gave me a new replacement. 

If you bought new, don't faff about ...get it sent back, it's not likely to fix itself. 

Hope you get it sorted. 

Guest stevo

The unico system is desigined to feed every kind of 12-gauge shell from steel to lead, from 2 ¾” to 3 ½” and from 24 to 64 grams. That was the whole idea behind the concept , Its also capable of firing 4 shots in less than one second .

if it was mine I would be sending back to GMK , or to a gunsmith if the problem persists.