Probationary Period Query

Hi All,

Just looking for advice of those that may have been in a similar situation previously or able to give advice. 

I have been accepted as a probationary member at a local gun club, there only discipline however is target shooting, whilst I enjoy and want to get into this I am also looking to get into PSG and 2/3 Gun events further down the line.

I considered joining this club, completing the probationary period and applying for my section 1 with their assistance. Once I have my FAC remain a member at this club and partake in their target shooting events. Then join another club alongside which focuses on mini rifle and PSG events and put in for a variation for an additional .22 but in s/a rather than bolt action (for target) and a section 1 shotgun.

is this the best course to take or is there a way to undertake probationary periods at several gun clubs at the same time? Trying not to complicate matters but at the same time wouldn’t mind avoiding lengthy variation timescales and extra fees. 

Any advice is much appreciated. 

For further information the target club shoot mainly tuesdays and are a stones throw from my work whilst the PSG / Mini Rifle is at weekends so I would be consistently attending both clubs on a weekly basis! I also have probationary membership available to me at the PSG mini rifle club. 

Would the PSG /mini rifle club still require a probationary period once you have your FAC in your hand ?

How long is the prob. period, and how much attendance is required at each club during prob.?
The reason I ask is, it can be a P.I.T.A to pay memberships and keep up attendance.

Will the PSG club accept you using a sec 2 shotgun for the time being (which you can apply for now if you choose)

Also, I dont understand why you cant apply for a S/A .22lr rifle once you have passed prob. Do they only shoot single shot/ bolt action rifles there ? Seems strange.

18 hours ago, Harnser said:

You can belong to as many clubs as you want  I would join a PSG as well .

harnser

Bonus, i’ll Have to do this then! 

18 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Would the PSG /mini rifle club still require a probationary period once you have your FAC in your hand ?

How long is the prob. period, and how much attendance is required at each club during prob.?
The reason I ask is, it can be a P.I.T.A to pay memberships and keep up attendance.

Will the PSG club accept you using a sec 2 shotgun for the time being (which you can apply for now if you choose)

Also, I dont understand why you cant apply for a S/A .22lr rifle once you have passed prob. Do they only shoot single shot/ bolt action rifles there ? Seems strange.

Yes I believe they would but it would differ slightly if I had my FAC, I think they go more on a basis of wearing a band that highlights you’re a probationary member from brief discussions.

If I can join both though I can let the probationary periods overlap, the PSG place has a 3 month intense course when there is availability at least the target place has 6 months.

Attendance is weekly at target which suits me on Tuesdays and I’m certain it’s bi-weekly on Saturdays for PSG which also suits me.

i have a section 2 pump action that I can use at the PSG place anyway however I wanted a bolt action for target and a semi-auto for PSG.

Main reason being I want completely different set-ups on each gun for each of their disciplines. 

Good to know I can join numerous clubs!