Most bizzare job you've had

ditchman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be a motor cycle despatch rider and one of my daily jobs was to deliver the evening standard to number 10 downing Street. This was before the barriers were there I used to ride in park my bike in front of number 10, by the time I was off my bike the door was open waiting to receive the papers. Great memories. 

43 minutes ago, akka said:

Mushroom picker.... Horrendous. 

Me too as a Sunday job as a yoof... progressed to bar job in a pub near to the crossroads set, cigarette promoter in a shifty nightclub (sacked for a T shirt ‘fags4fags’) self employed ice cream seller before being run off patch, VIP security lackey, call centre clown (the worst job ever), DJ, Diamond Trader before entering financial markets so fundamentally career highlight was mushroom picker!

24 minutes ago, PPP said:

Me too as a Sunday job as a yoof... progressed to bar job in a pub near to the crossroads set, cigarette promoter in a shifty nightclub (sacked for a T shirt ‘fags4fags’) self employed ice cream seller before being run off patch, VIP security lackey, call centre clown (the worst job ever), DJ, Diamond Trader before entering financial markets so fundamentally career highlight was mushroom picker!

Tell us more about being run off your ice cream patch lol 

8 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Tell us more about being run off your ice cream patch lol 

I naively thought I could rock up in the then works mondeo estate and pop the boot loaded with dozens of Iceland’s finest to the local hotspots before Mr Whippy and his buddies turned up and could therefore clear up.. which I did... for a while... had no idea how organised that community is...

3 hours ago, akka said:

Mushroom picker.... Horrendous. 

Funnily enough, I used to date a mushroom picker , the thing that I remember about her most ,are her grubby fingernails.  Mind you , I was never short of a few mushrooms ?

Not exactly a job but when I studied agriculture at college many moons ago, we had to collect semen from the large male pigs {boars}. We had to stimulate the boar and when it mounted a horse like frame …………….. I'll leave the rest to you're imagination, but we were assessed on this and was expected to be professional and keep a straight face!:ermm:

Dominos pizza moped rider for 6 months while I was at school. 

Worked as a joiner ever since in the family business. 

Worked in schools , hospitals, rest homes, domestic, commercial, supplied the M6 toll with the steps and handrails on the embankments, windows in a mortuary, built kitchens in horse boxes, made limos in fire engines.

the people are stranger than the jobs lol

12 minutes ago, aga man said:

Not exactly a job but when I studied agriculture at college many moons ago, we had to collect semen from the large male pigs {boars}. We had to stimulate the boar and when it mounted a horse like frame …………….. I'll leave the rest to you're imagination, but we were assessed on this and was expected to be professional and keep a straight face!

Hope you used protection ;) 

Servicing cremators that's fun, and working in an incineration plant cutting things up that wont go in in one piece, St Bernard's need cutting in half, horses into at least quarters, to be fair that wasn't the worst bit of the job, the plant was owned by Yorkshire water and when the sluice gate needs de-clagging of everything that goes down a sewer but wont pass through the build up of **** on the gate, its time to break out the shovel, also the shift pattern was wierd

Week 1 mon - fri 6-1

week 2 mon fri 1-9

week 3 mon fri 9-1 sat + sun 7am -7 pm

week 4 mon- fri 8-4 + sat + sun 7pm -7am

week 5 week off

2 weeks holiday a year cant have christmas unless its your week 5

start again week 1

Not me, but had an uncle who was a 'Saggar Maker's Bottom Knocker' in the potteries. For those who don't know, this was an unskilled job making the small round stands that the Saggar, a circular vessel that held items to be fired in the kilns,  to stand on. The more skilled job was the Saggar Maker, so my uncle was his assistant. He later rose to the exalted position of Saggar Maker after three years.

OB

Not that bizarre, but one summer I got a job with a contract landscaping company grass cutting.

My job was basically strimming in a graveyard, all the bits my colleague couldn't get to with the mower, which as you can imagine were plentiful.

When we got to the end we started again. Pretty thankless job.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

some weird jobs here.............another of my jobs was piglet castrator.............christ i used to stink....never had problems pulling birds tho...clothes used to reek of testicle fluid...

Can't you Norfolk lads keep your hands off animals' privates?

...and everybody jokes about Welshmen and sheep 

?