Most bizzare job you've had

ditchman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a pony trek leader for a large trekking centre one summer when I was 16. Not that bizarre until you take into account I was solely responsible for matching people to their horses, taking treks out and collecting the cash money. Plus at 16 I looked about 12 it got some interesting looks off customers. Not my favourite job ever!

Haven’t had that many crazy jobs and nothing that compares with ditchmans 

something you do with a pippet and a bit of sucking ?

proberabley best he explains ??

however I’ve been asked to make some wierd stuff 

varieying from a 3foot long trowel so a bricklayer could lab 6 bricks at a time 

to a special axe for a fairy wand maker they walk among us ??

where i glass collected every couple of months the bar manager had me come in and shovel the coal from one end of the old old worm screw fed boiler as it was badly designed, i used to be covered in coal dust and my mum always said I looked like i had eye liner on and looked lovely.

As a boy, Turkey killer, Turkey plucker, Rabbit gasser, sheep-worming, sheep shearer, Sheep dipping, hay-making, harvesting.

As an adult, maintaining vintage aircraft, maintaining V-bombers, working on a TSR2, mixing asphalt, making horse saddle trees {inside every saddle is a wooden and metal frame called a tree, to which the leather is nailed)

Making Tiffany lampshades, stained glass windows, engraving glass, repairing crystal glass.

and loads of other more run-of-the-mill work, tractor driving, window-cleaning, domestic and commercial cleaning, glazing, cnc machine operator etc.

Did a job as chef in a nightclub. Again not that odd, but my assistant and myself were always in alone a good 3 or 4 hours before anyone else. The cocktail bar was right next to the kitchen! Don't know how half the stuff ever got cooked properly or how we got home most mornings. I say mornings because after cleaning the kitchen at the end of service, there was a lock in that usually ended around 5 or 6 in the morning. Job and me only lasted about a year. 

I also did block wall building for pig pens on a little farm. Never lifted a trowel before I got the job.

4 hours ago, Old farrier said:

you work as a team...there is

1. turkey wrestler..(he holds it on the milking stool)
  2. the "fluffer-up"....he gets the stag nice and sexy...then with a swift upward movement with his right thumb squeezes the *** out....
  3. the "milk sucker"...which is a test tube with a long and a short pipe in it...you put one in your mouth ..to suck....then the other one...the short pipe.. sucks up the ***...

so there you go ..

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Did the axe have to be made of non ferrous metal.

8 hours ago, ditchman said:

used to work 4 days a week on a turkey farm..(Lawrence Mack pot row nr Kings lynn)....as a "!Turkey milker"............i used to get some serious stick off my mates ...but the money was good...

turkey milker eh

did you use that one pulling  fat sarah