Brexit.......more remainer deceit!

panoma1

It is reported that the then President of the USA, Barrack Obamas pre referendum warning, of the UK "being at the back of the queue" if we wanted a trade deal with the US after voting to leave the EU...........was surprise, surprise........made at the request of David Cameron!

Is there no limit to the deceit politicians will stoop to in order to manipulate the electorate into doing what they want?

Did anyone ever doubt that Cameron asked him to say it? I thought that was more or less a given? Too much of a coincidence to be anything else. I suspect the Governor of the Bank of England's little (totally unprofessional) foray into political intervention was at Cameron's behest as well.

The question arises, was that legal? Was he abusing his position to call in favours? Certainly there is a broadly held view that the leaflets, and more precisely their funding, broke electoral law.

Obamas speech was written for him, by someone on this side of the pond, Americans dont use the word 'queue' they say line.

That might seem a little obscure, but couple that with the very real fact, why on earth would the POTUS want to warn us off leaving the EU ?
Tells you everything you need to know.

18 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

It is reported that the then President of the USA, Barrack Obamas pre referendum warning, of the UK "being at the back of the queue" if we wanted a trade deal with the US after voting to leave the EU...........was surprise, surprise........made at the request of David Cameron!

Is there no limit to the deceit politicians will stoop to in order to manipulate the electorate into doing what they want?

Obviously not, Camoron didn't expect to lose that referendum!

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Non whatsoever.

I think it's the hypocrisy of it that most find annoying, lies and untruths were told on both sides, but the remoaners bang on about the bus, which wasn't even a lie, while their side told lie after lie after lie, broke election law and called in the president of the USA and probably the govonor of the bank of England, IMF and God knows who else, all while complaing that leavers were lied to, it'd be laughable if it wasn't such a serious matter.

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

Was he paid by the Russians? 

You mean like how they swung Brexit?
Or put Trump in power ?

You see the pattern emerging ?
If something doesnt go the way the mainstream left doesnt likes, blame the Russians meddling for it.
You dont need to prove it, just say it or print it.
Its getting a bit of a tired  now.

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You mean like how they swung Brexit?
Or put Trump in power ?

You see the pattern emerging ?
If something doesnt go the way the mainstream left doesnt likes, blame the Russians meddling for it.
You dont need to prove it, just say it or print it.
Its getting a bit of a tired  now.

Blaming the Russians is getting as boring as being called a racist now, both used far too often in an attempt to win an argument when facts aren't available

Just now, Deker said:

Blaming the Russians is getting as boring as being called a racist now, both used far too often in an attempt to win an argument when facts aren't available

The latest thing, saying Farage profited from 'wrong calling' the result, what ?
Arron Banks works for ? You guessed it ,the Russians !
Desperation methinks.

No deal incoming boys . ?

The truth doesn't matter anymore, there was some totally crazy woman doctor on LBC this morning saying that the NHS is in imminent danger of collapsing because of Brexit (her words). Staff are leaving in droves according to her.

Then it turns out that there has never ever been more than 5-6% of staff in the NHS are from EU in reality, and their jobs are safe no matter what.

She then just switched tack and said they were constantly being subjected to racist abuse from Brexiteer racists. Really?

I will speculate that a lot more than 5-6% of the NHS budget goes to treating EU health tourists

Edited by Vince Green

4 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The truth doesn't matter anymore, there was some totally crazy woman doctor on LBC this morning saying that the NHS is in imminent danger of collapsing because of Brexit (her words). Staff are leaving in droves according to her.

Then it turns out that there has never been more than 5-6% of staff in the NHS are from EU in reality, and their jobs are safe no matter what.

She then just switched tack and said they were constantly being subjected to racist abuse from Brexiteer racists. Really?

I will speculate that a lot more than 5-6% of the NHS budget goes to treating EU health tourists

As you say 'The truth does not matter'. We were lied to, took the bait and now we will pay whatever the cost is. What is true is that we did not know what we were buying or even now what the cost will be. 

I think the health tourist figure was 0.3% of the budget but they are only numbers. 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Then it turns out that there has never ever been more than 5-6% of staff in the NHS are from EU in reality, and their jobs are safe no matter what.

And she supposedly tells the truth about patients?

Health tourism, the politicos don't even want to stop that?

Edited by old man

37 minutes ago, oowee said:

As you say 'The truth does not matter'. We were lied to, took the bait and now we will pay whatever the cost is. What is true is that we did not know what we were buying or even now what the cost will be. 

I think the health tourist figure was 0.3% of the budget but they are only numbers. 

I knew what I was voting for and will stand any personal cost incurred, equally I will take the resultant benefit too! Just as long as we get the monkey that is the EU off our back!

Will the remainers take any benefit the country gets post Brexit?..............Is the pope catholic?..............just like individuals refusing to join a union and pay their dues.......but will take any and all benefits the union can win!

No one knows what health tourism costs the NHS, we are left to speculate, because accurate figures are not made available to the general public!

25 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I knew what I was voting for and will stand any personal cost incurred, equally I will take the resultant benefit too! Just as long as we get the monkey that is the EU off our back!

Will the remainers take any benefit the country gets post Brexit?..............Is the pope catholic?..............just like individuals refusing to join a union and pay their dues.......but will take any and all benefits the union can win!

No one knows what health tourism costs the NHS, we are left to speculate, because accurate figures are not made available to the general public!

I seriously don't think the Government has a handle on health tourism. Any EU citizen can come to this country and get an NHS number, at that point they enter the system. Had they been given a subtly different number it could have been monitored and controlled.

My mother's carer (Hungarian) brought her mother over for an operation in about 2014, her mother returned to Hungary after the operation. But I know her daughter is still getting repeat prescriptions for her medication from the GP here and posting them to her mother because she openly talks about it. 

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

An ex girlfriend works at a sexual health clinic in Leicester.

PEPSE drugs (anti hiv) costing 10s of 1000s of £ are routinely given out to visiting foreign tourists, as its policy to not refuse them when requested.

All you have to do is say you have had unprotected intercouse with an infected person, its a nice little earner when you take them back home and sell them.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Go and spend a few hours in any A&E in London and I guarantee, even you will not believe that figure!

2 hours ago, oowee said:

We were lied to alright, back in 1975 when we were told the EEC, as it was then, was simply a trade deal, not the beginnings of a federal European state. The politicians knew alright but with the public's only source of information coming from a pro EEC government and the likes of the BBC the result was a foregone conclusion. Yes, the country was lied to, took the bait, and have been paying the cost ever since.

It's interesting to listen to the views of two senior politicians of the time, both at complete opposites of the political spectrum, Enoch Powell and Tony Benn. What they both predicted about the European project quickly became reality, yet they were derided by the establishment at the time and called 'Little Englanders'... ring any bells?

The EU is falling apart, the southern countries are in open revolt, the eastern states are not playing by the rules, even the Scandinavian countries are pushing back hard against Brussels. As for the Germans, well I doubt Mrs Merkel will be around much longer if her coalition partners have their way. With Trump threatening a 20% tariff on car imports and a real possibility of a no deal Brexit I expect it won't be long before the German car industry heads are banging on her door.

Did you know the UK's contribution to the EU budget is equivalent to the budget contributions of the poorest 19 states of the 'union'. Just let that sink in. Imagine if those 19 states were to leave... where would that leave the EU? It would leave it pretty much where it started in1975, with a much smaller group of countries, with similar economic output and the possibility of a free trading area. No need for a single currency, no need for open borders, no need for a central bank or a separate parliament and court. Just a group of like minded countries trading together freely, just like every other FTA across the world. Doesn't sound too bad does it?

Why anyone would want to be in a political union with Brussels is absolutely beyond any comprehension. It's madness, sheer and utter madness.