chokes

hippi

hi peeps what be the best chokes for pigeons have been informed 1/2 and 3/4 have a lanber been playing got some close one and a few high problem with me as i am a static shooter (done some sniper work in the past) have had shot guns for 3 years done loads of clays getting about 30 - 35 out of 50 but cant seem to t~@t the birds any info would help

cheers hippi

1/2 and 3/4 sounds about right in a u/o. i get on best with a semi with 3/4 choke,but miss quite a few close birds,butnail far ones easier.its about trial and error mate,depends on day and birds,maybe its your shooting not the chokes.get some tuition,or plenty of practice.dont worry if you miss a few ,your confidence will grow when you hit a couple. :huh:

hi peeps what be the best chokes for pigeons have been informed 1/2 and 3/4 have a lanber been playing got some close one and a few high problem with me as i am a static shooter (done some sniper work in the past) have had shot guns for 3 years done loads of clays getting about 30 - 35 out of 50 but cant seem to t~@t the birds any info would help

cheers hippi

In your case might I suggest cyl / skeet with 28gr 7's put your nearest decoys out at about 20yds furthest about 25yds and shoot at the birds just as they are level with furthest deeks.

Cheers, C.B.:~}

Open chokes. Most of your pigeon decoying, as opposed to flighting, roosting etc will be at shortish ranges and unless you're an ace shot give yourself the best chance of hitting AND killing the quarry. To most shooters, the average shot chokes are never going to make a great difference to what you can and cannot hit.

Find a gun that fits or have it fitted and one you feel happy with, find a cartridge you can hit with and quite frankly that's about it unless you're planning to take on Digweed or Faulds! Remember you're doing it for fun.

thanks guys as i said have done a lot of static shooting went out last night got 7 woodies well happy about that only problem was shooting over maize of some sort and only managed to find one bird and most of them were a ways out so im happy. thanks to the farmer i can practice as much as i want so again thanks oh they were shoot with 1/4 and 3/4 chokes cheers hippi the happy shooter