Vasectomy

team tractor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had the scalpeless version done about 18 months ago on the NHS, I think the subsequent 3 visits to the hospital to provide a sample was worse than the actual procedure, I (pardon the pun) milked the advice to take it easy and had the missus running around looking after me for a week. 

9 minutes ago, amateur said:

Minor op for a bloke, bit more to it for a woman

Not really. 

Recovering after the operation. Female. 

You'll be allowed home once you've recovered from the anaesthetic, been to the toilet and eaten. If you leave hospital within hours of the operation, take a taxi, or ask a relative or friend to pick you up.

47 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Or get her to have the operation.

No chance she’s 25

38 minutes ago, winnie&bezza said:

Spindle moulder? ??

Trust you :) 

27 minutes ago, Mice! said:

it sounds like there is only one area Nath hasn't damaged.

That’s because it’s not used at work ;) 

24 minutes ago, Westley said:

Should be compulsory in prisons  !

I’ll go to prison then lol

12 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Just lay on your back behind some sandbags and pop the fellas up, Dougy loves shooting chains so much I'm sure a couple of Vas Deferens won't be a problem?

dougy, this will not need the 300 win mag, have you got anything smaller than a .17 HMR?

Lucky theirs a swear filter lol . 

I’m only 36 so my chains aren’t that long yet.

8 minutes ago, Green hornet said:

Funny I had my mrs bring this up the other day I’m also 36 We’ve already got kids together and one on the way.

She was on about me getting it done I said no chance go on the coil or if she’s that worried she can have it done.

I would do anything for her but that I would never do.

Not being horrible but it’s a little selfish. Loads of my mates have had it done and my dad . It’s simple . For women it can be dangerous plus I’ll do anything for her. I offered 

4 minutes ago, ordnance said:
51 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Or get her to have the operation.

No chance she’s 25.

I assume in this type of situation both don't want any more children, so what has age got to do with it. I am talking in general for all couples. 

They refuse until your 30 plus she’s only got 2 children.

my ex is 31 and 3 kids but they’ve said no. 

39 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Just lay on your back behind some sandbags and pop the fellas up, Dougy loves shooting chains so much I'm sure a couple of Vas Deferens won't be a problem?

dougy, this will not need the 300 win mag, have you got anything smaller than a .17 HMR?

I'm out of practice so may need a few warm up shots, smallest I've got now is 17 Remington. 

Quick and painless 

. For me anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Dougy said:

I'm out of practice so may need a few warm up shots, smallest I've got now is 17 Remington. 

Quick and painless 

. For me anyway. 

you would stroke the wood, then gently squeeze................ The trigger, and pop ? 

I was there an hour, pretty sure its a big deal for women, my misses was miffed that they kept asking if i felt ok and gave me a brew.

They refuse until your 30 plus she’s only got 2 children.

my ex is 31 and 3 kids but they’ve said no. 

I think that depends on a persons doctor or surgeon, if you look at the risks they are the same for men and women, in and out the same day.   At the end of the day it is up to the couple to decide depending on their circumstances.  

You may be more likely to be accepted for a vasectomy if you're over 30 and have had children.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

you would stroke the wood, then gently squeeze................ The trigger, and pop ? 

I was there an hour, pretty sure its a big deal for women, my misses was miffed that they kept asking if i felt ok and gave me a brew.

You can sod off I'm not stroking any wood lol

3 hours ago, Green hornet said:

Funny I had my mrs bring this up the other day I’m also 36 We’ve already got kids together and one on the way.

She was on about me getting it done I said no chance go on the coil or if she’s that worried she can have it done.

I would do anything for her but that I would never do.

Why not ?it is easier for a man to have it done and safer than an op on a female  if it’s just because you don’t think you would be a man afterwards etc that’s rubbish it hasn’t affected me in any way apart from me having more fun trying it out afterwards  if you love her do it 

Unless you envisage having more children in the future, it's worth doing. I had it done after our second was born and have no regrets at all. It makes life a whole lot easier and less worrying. The only thing I'd suggest is not to ride a motorcycle home from the op or walk 18 holes of golf the following morning wearing a pair of loose boxer shorts. These kind of things can lengthen the recovery time. But then again the post-op advice is probably better in Britain than in Thailand....

7 hours ago, Harnser said:

If you have it done keep an eye on your plums . Men who have the snip are prone to get cysts on their testes . Any lumps down there see your doc . Trust me they can be painful.

harnser

I didn't know that. I have a whopper down there (cyst that is). Fortunately not painful just makes me a bit lopsided.  

16 hours ago, Harnser said:

Get the wife to go to her GP . They can insert an implant in the arm that takes a couple of minutes and is safer than a vasectomy .

harnser 

I would be slightly wary of that route, my wife had this and it completely killed her mojo, which apparently a known side affect. She had it removed, and back to normal but I guess it affects them all differently

I had it done a few years ago on the NHS with no problems, without doubt the best contraception going. The operation is less risky for men and the other option of hormone birth control for women can lead to a some mental health problems, it made my mrs severely depressed.

I would push you doctor for it or try a different one, afaik there are no reports that the NHS are stopping vasectomies so maybe he just wants to save his surgery money or mis-informed.

Edited by ferguson_tom

19 hours ago, team tractor said:

Afternoon peeps. I’ve been to the doctor today about the above and he’s informed me the nhs are stopping the snip and I’ll have to go private.

hes applied for me but says I might have to go private . 

Has anyone got any idea on prices ? 

Im 36 and 4 kids so I’m not worried about being refused. 

Sheep farmers would do it for you and then give your privates a good splash of disinfectant.   ?