Insa Turbo Tyres

la bala

Very noisy tyres special tracks are the worse. I run Saharas and there noisy be cautious of what your running and I have found that they seem to wear pretty quickly. Why you thinking of insa turbo there are other good brands which are quieter. Bf goodridge mt or at. Hope this helps

i had insa turbo ...had them for quite a while...had to change them as the side walls were going..........they are fine...good value..mine were tubed...then i changed to tubeless and new larger rims...

Edited by ditchman

Nothing wrong with insa turbo Dakar here, my first set did over 20k miles & only took them off cos I didn't want to swop them over in the winter time. I'm getting to old for laying around on the cold wet floor. Sold them on still with 5mm of tread left.

Can't going wrong for the money but the bigger sizes you may have problems balancing them, ended up putting in dyna beads (devon 4x4) in them in the end. 

Most of my permissions are within 5 miles so mostly off road. I was running 235x70x16 on my series 88 inch. Have decided to come down to 205x80x16 which is very much on par with the old cross plys she would have come out with. Ordered today, now busy derusting and painting wheels

• 3 weeks later...

when you change from cross ply to radial ...you will notice that you will get a harder ride............en' afric' i used to run my cross ply's at 12 psi....nice smooth ride and less punctures.........not good for cornering....not many high speed corners in the bush tho'./

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

when you change from cross ply to radial ...you will notice that you will get a harder ride............en' afric' i used to run my cross ply's at 12 psi....nice smooth ride and less punctures.........not good for cornering....not many high speed corners in the bush tho'./

What you going on about ditchman, I am not changing from cross ply to radial :lol:  Joking aside I am quite happy with the Insa tyres at the moment. There is a bit more oversteer but I am already used to that. All in all, with the new parabolics and tyres the old girl sits nice.

4 hours ago, la bala said:

What you going on about ditchman, I am not changing from cross ply to radial :lol:  Joking aside I am quite happy with the Insa tyres at the moment. There is a bit more oversteer but I am already used to that. All in all, with the new parabolics and tyres the old girl sits nice.

you are really not "with it" are you.....must be this hot weather ...your poor old dear

I had insa turbo special tracks on my extreme offroad Vitara..... they were very noisy. not an everyday use tyre. if its road use daily but mud tyres are needed look at maxxis bighorn 764 been ruuning them on my l200 for around 4 years done approx. 40thou on them.... ill be buying them again.

• 2 weeks later...