Wife.

Fuddster

So, anyhow I have a spare tall freezer in the garage housing all of last seasons game and 60 odd steel shot woodies for a friends hawks.

The other day, my dear wife says 'any spare room in your freezer for some freezer blocks?'.......of course dear pop them in.

Tonight, I find the door has been left ajar and the contents defrosted and ruined.

about 25 pheasants whole and breasted

1 hare jointed

a woodcock

some duck breasts

about 20 partridge

65 woodies

and some rabbits.

I am now on 'rightmove' searching for a wigwam in the woods away from anyone.

On pointing out her apparent failing her answer was.....well is the freezer working?......my answer 'No-not with the bloo..door left open'.

I am now off to my zen yoga retreat via some large G and T's.

at least I still have ice cubes.

f.

Happened to me about 12 months ago. Fortunately it was emptier than your freezer, I used all the defrosted goodies as trail camera bait. Went the next day to change the camera batteries to be greeted by local busy body telling me he’d phoned the RSPB, Shropshire badger watch and was waiting for a call back from DEFRA because someone had dumped a load of meat and stuff in our field and was clearly trying to poison the badgers or the ravens or both. He didn’t know where to look when I said it was me, and I then said if I was trying to poison badgers, ravens or pillocks who were trespassing off the footpath on my ground then I probably wouldn’t be trying to do it in front of a great big camera that’s strapped to the fence photographing and videoing anything that comes within 50m of the bloody camera. It made me more cross than Mrs BTJ leaving the freezer open. 

15 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Happened to me about 12 months ago. Fortunately it was emptier than your freezer, I used all the defrosted goodies as trail camera bait. Went the next day to change the camera batteries to be greeted by local busy body telling me he’d phoned the RSPB, Shropshire badger watch and was waiting for a call back from DEFRA because someone had dumped a load of meat and stuff in our field and was clearly trying to poison the badgers or the ravens or both. He didn’t know where to look when I said it was me, and I then said if I was trying to poison badgers, ravens or pillocks who were trespassing off the footpath on my ground then I probably wouldn’t be trying to do it in front of a great big camera that’s strapped to the fence photographing and videoing anything that comes within 50m of the bloody camera. It made me more cross than Mrs BTJ leaving the freezer open. 

bleeding fuming at the loss of all the game meat-especially the hare as it was the first one shot in 10 years solely for the pot.the woodcock was a young lads first 'cock shot but was happy to leave it in the game pile-I pointed the ethos 'of you shoot it-you eat it'-perhaps he should have shot a big mac and fries,the lardy .....a sporting bird wasted on him.

well and truly pee'd orf.

f.

4 hours ago, davewh100 said:

i think you need a lock on the freezer door with the key in a good safe place we live and learn ?

that's a very good idea, thank your lucky stars you noticed so quickly, just imagine the mess if it had been left for a week in this heat, yuck.

Went  on holiday for ten days  and I asked my son to cut my grass while I was away. He did this but unplugged the freezer FOUR SOCKETS AWAY from the nearest one by the door..He did not think to plug it in again. Everything was ruined the house smelled for a week. He has a degree in languages.  Its  a pity he did not get one in common sense

3 hours ago, Dougy said:

How come the ice didn't melt ?

Or can I guess that she left the door open after she took them out ? 

Just slap her with one of the defrosted birds. 

she wedged a couple of plastic ice bricks and left the door ajar.

my blood pressure has just about levelled.

f.

3 hours ago, aga man said:

On the bright side you have an empty freezer to re-fill in the coming months.

Very optimistic of you!

Went to a fairly new permission to shoot crows this morning-about 250 around the farm so got set up, shot a dozen and some ferals-wife calls to say daughter has chipped her front tooth at school-so packed up at 1.30pm to get her to emergency dentist appointment.

roll on a post dog walk beer.

atb 

f.