Bipod recommendation for clumsy ***

PPP

I am, at best, heavy handed with things and as a result my ‘cheap’ made in China Bipod has bent out of all recognition after 18 months use.

i like the idea of javelin, but not the price.... Any suggestions for a strong  functional bipod (weight not important)

Edited by PPP

You need to decide how tall you want it. The swivel base makes it a bit easier to get on target without having to move the bipod. I use the 9-13 swivel. The notched legs thing doesn't make a lot of difference, except you can pull them out a specified number of notches rather than all in or all out. Mine don't have notches, but my son's do. 

The 6-9 is mostly for bench rest shooting. The 12-25 is for sitting in the long grass shooting.

Lifetime warranty too if I recall, but they are pretty indestructible, so not had to find out. 

14 hours ago, walshie said:

You need to decide how tall you want it. The swivel base makes it a bit easier to get on target without having to move the bipod. I use the 9-13 swivel. The notched legs thing doesn't make a lot of difference, except you can pull them out a specified number of notches rather than all in or all out. Mine don't have notches, but my son's do. 

The 6-9 is mostly for bench rest shooting. The 12-25 is for sitting in the long grass shooting.

Lifetime warranty too if I recall, but they are pretty indestructible, so not had to find out. 

:good:

Have to say Harris work for me.

I think mine are the 9-13 and 12-25, something like that, both swivel.  Definitely get swivel for field work!

40 minutes ago, PPP said:

Quick question, are the notchless ones adjustable or are they ‘in or out’?

I think you may need to double check on a model for model basis, my 6-13 is notched, but my 12-25 isn't and that has a friction lock on one of the 3 sections which does of course make it very adjustable and very lockable in position! :good:

Edit, mines about 9-13 I think not 6-13, but whatever, that one is notched!

Edited by Dekers

25 minutes ago, Dekers said:

I think you may need to double check on a model for model basis, my 6-13 is notched, but my 12-25 isn't and that has a friction lock on one of the 3 sections which does of course make it very adjustable and very lockable in position! :good:

Excellent thanks, time for a shopping trip!

19 minutes ago, PPP said:

Excellent thanks, time for a shopping trip!

Just an observation from my experiences. 

The 12-25 I tend to use either prone or sitting, rarely in between, so locking off the legs rarely happens, the nature of the circumstances.  They also do another which I believe is about 13 or 13.5-27, I have to suggest this would probably have the edge for sitting (more comfortable) but is generally to high for me when prone, so a dilemma.    We are all different and I guess that's why they make so many different ones.

In an Ideal world I think a swivel bipod offering between about 10-28 inches would do well, just my opinion, and I guess there is a good reason why the likes of Harris don't seem to offer that.

Probably weight/engineering/cost...…... I suspect it would need to be a 4 section as a minimum.

:good:

You are right, 13.5 for me is I beleive too high for prone, cynically one could suggest the want us to buy more than one...  I have a trigger stick for anything not prone but lugging it around gets boring..