Crazy gun behaviour apparently okay?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-44372751

only just seen this story in the BASC magazine this month but what in the name of hell were they thinking and how are they not in prison?

going out with your shotgun to find the people you think burgled you is surely going prepared for a crime? I’m guessing he will lose his ticket but seems to have got off remarkably lightly!

16 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Strewth!

How did they get off, must have a wonderful legal team.

10 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

That surely cannot be the full script. Many offences, but found not guilty on each one.

I bet the police Investigating Team must feel they wasted their time.

Someone I know (who is not friend - quite the opposite) - was tried at the Magistrates Court for dangerous driving, amongst other offences. He was acquitted on all charges. Regarding the driving offence - his brief said " In respect of the driving matter, what can I say". Shrugged his shoulders and sat down. I have seen worse decisions, but did wonder what was going on. Outside influences perhaps.

I sat and witnessed this going on - it isn't something I heard down the pub.

If it achieves nothing else it will now give those 2 particular policemen a far better understanding of how the public feel. They at least had the benefit of a trial. The last time we caught shoplifters clearly on camera in the shop the pcso's without hesitation said that they recognised the thief yet the police did absolutely nothing.

Whilst I can't agree that it would appear 'crazy gun behaviour' has been sanctioned as ok because he didn't go down for it, I doubt his tickets will be safe. However, I can totally understand the frustration that people feel nowadays, which leads to some feeling the need to take matters into their own hands; even if it's for the sense of justice that revenge often gives.