Brew dog Beer

PPP

11 hours ago, PPP said:

Found out recently most proper beer is filtered through fish bladders... (although this was from a vegan so could be ********)

100% true, isinglas is derived from the swim bladders of fish and is the traditional means of "fining" (aka clearing) beer.  There are other things that are used and some commercial brewers use  synthetic chemicals or silica but the principle is the same, they case the remaining yeast particles to "floculate" and drop to the bottom for filtering or mechanical removal.

Edited by Wingman

3 hours ago, Wingman said:

100% true, isinglas is derived from the swim bladders of fish and is the traditional means of "fining" (aka clearing) beer.  There are other things that are used and some commercial brewers use  synthetic chemicals or silica but the principle is the same, they case the remaining yeast particles to "floculate" and drop to the bottom for filtering or mechanical removal.

Biggest trend at the moment is for unfiltered beers so they're more natural. Personally, I like a pint I can see through so I can guarantee a solid turnout in the morning!!

16 hours ago, Wingman said:

My brother in law works for Marstons and told me at the weekend, it’s full of preservatives. probably why last time i had a few it felt like my skull had been cleaved open the next morning. 

Unlikely I would have thought. I've got a few Brewdog clone recipes and they are pretty much all natural gear, just gassed up for keg pour.

• 2 weeks later...