Prefab concrete garage conversion

getthegat

Anyone ever taken a prefab concrete garage apart and reconfigured the shape? Basically we have an old garage that runs lengthways down a newly acquired patch of land. We are wanting to unbolt the panels, effectively turning the structure through 90 degrees, put a new roof on it and byfold or similar, doors on the garden end. It will be insulated and a new floor laid/levelled, turning it into a summer house. Does anyone see any reason why this cannot be done? 

When I dismantled mine a few years ago it was all pretty straight forward. The only problem that I can for see is if any of the concrete panels and posts have "Blown" with the frost and ice getting into the castings/sections. I struggled for many years trying to make good winter damage especially with a leaking concrete roof, but if you are putting a new roof on you should be able to prevent further damage, I did remove several panels and fitted an access door in the side all pretty basic stuff.

Good luck with it.

I moved a concrete garage 25 years ago, unbolted and moved to a new base as a third man cave. Fitted new bolts as it was easier to cut off the original. Roof was angle iron , kept as largest sections I could get on the roof of the Diso and reassembled .,

When assembled adjusted it with a  large sledge hammer and block of wood to allow up and over door to fit tight then put a skim of concrete on lower outer edges to secure and prevent water ingress via floor.

Good luck.

Cool. Pretty much what I was thinking. It's just a big heavy Lego kit at the end of the day. All panels would appear to be equal sizes, so repositioning some should be a heavy piece of cake ? Having just been done over by Wren on a kitchen (don't get me started on that load of showers ?) then the cost of said garage and small patch of land (Leigh on Sea prices!) saving a few bob with some inventive lateral thinking, will come in handy.