The gouse

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, The gouse said:

The northwest to inpose hosepipe ban, what a joke we have just had the wettest winter on record with fields under water in late April.  United utilities what a joke. 

Should they have put out some buckets to collect the rain water? ?

Edited by Lloyd90

10 minutes ago, Royboy said:

I agree with the ban, if you go to hawes water in the Lake District you can see it’s very low even during winter, this reservoir is used for NWs water, or at least used to be 

So why do they not fix burst mains for 2 to 3 months and just let it run down the drain? Country’s in Europe get 70% less rain than us but never have a ban why is this, better management on knowing  how to store water ? I think ? As we haven’t a clue.

47 minutes ago, The gouse said:

The northwest to inpose hosepipe ban, what a joke we have just had the wettest winter on record with fields under water in late April.  United utilities what a joke. 

this is what happens when you sell off the crown jewles

• profits go to the shareholders.not the infrastructure
  • reservoirs are too expensive to build so they rape the groundwater aqifires
  • rivers you knew as a boy dry up
  • they sack the water baliffes who managed the replenishment of the water table
  • you are now allowed to build on flood plains if you balance...which even if you have a heck ras model dont work
  • how many reservoirs have been built since privatisation ?
  • why do they spend more time mending the network instead of replacing 100 year old pipe work
  • how much has the population increased by ?

the whole thing is a sickening joke ...and we just lay down and take it............and they laugh cause they know the british public are thick and stupid....we fund their lifestyles...and they get away by doing the bare minimum

rant over.....:lol:

dont get me started

5 minutes ago, The gouse said:

So why do they not fix burst mains for 2 to 3 months and just let it run down the drain? Country’s in Europe get 70% less rain than us but never have a ban why is this, better management on knowing  how to store water ? I think ? As we haven’t a clue.

Yeah I agree mate, last year there was a burst mains around here for weeks,

daft

1 hour ago, The gouse said:

Around here where we can't rely on rainfall there have been increasing efforts to capture and keep what we do get.  Expenditure and investment is paying off.  It looks like the business model up your way has fallen short.

I don't know enough about the subject to comment, but it is annoying when you see leaks running down roads for months on end. Such was the case at a local building development in town. It ran for hundreds of yards and the only time it stopped was when it froze. Locals would then avoid that road as it was deadly. Annoying. 

Mention about not  building on flood plains ??that's the only place there building on round here. Burst pipe for 3-4 weeks you d from me too.

Like banning hand guns I suppose, answer to all the problems just bann every thing. 

1 hour ago, The gouse said:

Yes i had an email last week saying don't use sprinklers or hose pipe, have quick showers, and like you say leaks run for weeks before anyone gets near fixing them, Muppets.

Sadly in this day and age of 'elf& safety it can take weeks to get permission to dig the road to repair leaks, I have experienced councils prevaricating for up to 6 months for a road dig by constantly rejecting method  statements and programmes then changing the personnel so you have to start again often going back to the first MS you submitted.

32 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

Around here where we can't rely on rainfall there have been increasing efforts to capture and keep what we do get.  Expenditure and investment is paying off.  It looks like the business model up your way has fallen short.

thats becuse they suck it out of the ground en mass..............they are even taking fossilised water...that started in the tundra 300,000 years ago  they drill thro the substrate...then the clay..then the chalk and into the millstone grit that starts off in siberia and comes onto the east coast at depth............

it all has a knock on effect.............aaaannnddd they take it from the rivers as well im told..........

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

this is what happens when you sell off the crown jewles

• profits go to the shareholders.not the infrastructure
  • reservoirs are too expensive to build so they rape the groundwater aqifires
  • rivers you knew as a boy dry up
  • they sack the water baliffes who managed the replenishment of the water table
  • you are now allowed to build on flood plains if you balance...which even if you have a heck ras model dont work
  • how many reservoirs have been built since privatisation ?
  • why do they spend more time mending the network instead of replacing 100 year old pipe work
  • how much has the population increased by ?

the whole thing is a sickening joke ...and we just lay down and take it............and they laugh cause they know the british public are thick and stupid....we fund their lifestyles...and they get away by doing the bare minimum

rant over.....

dont get me started

Go and sit down in the cool somewhere, your putting your blood pressure up.:lol::lol:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

aaaannnddd they take it from the rivers as well im told..........

my misses said this the other day, about us using water from the river on our garden, then went outside and the neighbour was already doing it, she was gutted thinking her idea was original 

3 hours ago, The gouse said:

hello, a few years back i heard a Thames Water spokesperson say it does not pay to repair every leak, this was around the time that the inner city London area was loosing 25% of its water supply with leaking mains, 

33 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, a few years back i heard a Thames Water spokesperson say it does not pay to repair every leak, this was around the time that the inner city London area was loosing 25% of its water supply with leaking mains, 

hello, just to note, a new RESERVOIR is in planning for an area within the Vale of South Oxfordshire, with 50ft high banks and estimated 100/150 million cubic meters said to be the size of Heathrow Airport, about 4/5 square mile,  it will be built between Steventon, East Hanney and Drayton, with good farm land and homes,  this will require a new road to replace the one between Hanney and Steventon, estimated to take 10 years to build, an interesting read is www.abingdonreservoir,org.uk, this as most know around here will supply London !!!!!, one interesting fact, it is estimate Thames Water loose 670 million litres a day through leaks, more than the size of 2 of these reservoirs so as you can imagine there is a lot of WHY, and fix the leaks , i dare say after all the planning and those against it will go ahead just like the 3rd runway at Heathrow, but hey not in my life time.  

6 hours ago, The gouse said:

Water companies don't do this for the sake of it. Would you rather have no water coming out of your tap?

25 minutes ago, motty said:

Water companies don't do this for the sake of it. Would you rather have no water coming out of your tap?

People's attitude really does puzzle me. No rain for weeks on end, cloudless skies, windy and hot, no rain in the forecast...... Of course there's no water left!

But no, I demand a green lawn so balls to everyone else they can go thirsty. Just nuts.

9 hours ago, motty said:

9 hours ago, 39TDS said:

People's attitude really does puzzle me. No rain for weeks on end, cloudless skies, windy and hot, no rain in the forecast...... Of course there's no water left!

But no, I demand a green lawn so balls to everyone else they can go thirsty. Just nuts.

I think you both miss the point 3 months a go we where under water and now they impose a ban. They just let water run down the road for months losing millions of gallons. Spain have very little rain fall but never inpose a ban would you not say they manage there water better than we do.