Windows 10 driver issues

Doc Holliday

Is anyone else having a real problem with their drivers on windows 10? Things are running so slow at times it's like the old dial up days of internet. Other times the wifi just ain't having it, which is most often as it happens. My tech guy said 'Up date your drivers. It can be a pain and can take up to 24hours depending on how many you have to update, but usually around 8 - 10'. I've read accounts of people updating their drivers and it not resolving the issue. Ruddy Windows 10 being the ritualistic pain in the proverbial. When it works, it works really well but it really does have me pulling my hair out.

usual problem I have if it's the same, is that you update by setting it up to download automatically, I go to restart as it's being slow or some such in another way, then it takes hours (literally) to restart or turn off as it has to apply updates. Bloody hate windows 10 due to little things like this, thinking of getting a windows 7 disc again. 

Edited by strimmer_13
spelling

9 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Tried it for 48hrs and quickly went back to W7.  My 'puter guru says 7 will run for another 4 or 5 yrs before they drop it.

Have not spoken to anyone yet who really is a W10 devotee.

Yes, that's the way to get round the totally useless 10, hopefully by the time they decide not to support 7 they will have come up with a new version that works.

The way I heard it was that as most (if not all) new computer systems were built in China. So, as the number 9 was considered to be unlucky in that country they skipped over it and went straight to 10.

Or was it Japan?????

Edited by Graham M

7 hours ago, Graham M said:

The way I heard it was that as most (if not all) new computer systems were built in China. So, as the number 9 was considered to be unlucky in that country they skipped over it and went straight to 10.

Or was it Japan?????

Korea or India G?

8 hours ago, Graham M said:

Or was it Japan?????

In China 9 is bad luck 6 is good luck hence the dropping of the 9 and Chinese computer components used in branded Japanese computers.

I quite like W10 but whenever it signs me out I can't remember the password to get back in.

Repeated resetting of passwords must be a massive security risk. People just get so used to it the reset at random, anyone could be asking.