cartridge bag

eastlincs

I think any decent leather bag is going to cost a lot. Also be wary if going for leather. Because of some strange marketing loophole. Folk are able to sell as "leather" when they are not cowhide.

Lots of none leather ones about at very reasonable prices.

It was nice thats why its hanging on the back of my bedroom door! Have a look on ebay "barbour cartridge bag" there was a few 2nd hand ones last tims i looked. It depends what you class as a large bag as this holds 75 loose so for game rather than clays 

7 hours ago, Rob525 said:

It was nice thats why its hanging on the back of my bedroom door! Have a look on ebay "barbour cartridge bag" there was a few 2nd hand ones last tims i looked. It depends what you class as a large bag as this holds 75 loose so for game rather than clays 

?If I didn’t already have a leather one I’d have been tempted too. Good buy. 

10 hours ago, eastlincs said:

Cheers for that, im looking for a none leather one (cheaper) anybody had a jack pyke one they seem quite cheap, or is that for a reason?

Ive got a jack Pyke one, it's green with a greenish leather effect, my missus has got the same but without the leathery effect, mine was £25 if think and hers was just under £20. 

Good bags you can get at least 125 carts in. 

I'll try and get a couple of pics on if you want. 

Edited by Farmboy91

If you spend a few quid on a good leather one it will outlast you, I had one for my 18th birthday and my son will inherit it when I stop shooting. Clean them and treat the leather now and again and you will get more use than buying a cheap one and replacing it.

I have three old ones I bought cheap on the bay , had any needed lather repairs done, & treated  leather , last me out, I shoot  3 sbs,s with 3 different chamber lengths, & just match gun to bag, they all have the Payne Gallwey open mouth.

There are a couple of S/H ones in the Holts unsold lots. One tartan canvas and leather one and a small leather one, both for £39. Being second hand, they are likely to be better quality than the Jack Pyke ones.

Having said that, one of mine is a Jack Pyke one and it's OK although the buckle fastener strap is a sort of plasticy simulated leather material, but still does the job. 

As said above, buy a leather one, even second hand, and it will probably last you out.

OB

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

There are a couple of S/H ones in the Holts unsold lots. One tartan canvas and leather one and a small leather one, both for £39. Being second hand, they are likely to be better quality than the Jack Pyke ones.

Having said that, one of mine is a Jack Pyke one and it's OK although the buckle fastener strap is a sort of plasticy simulated leather material, but still does the job. 

As said above, buy a leather one, even second hand, and it will probably last you out.

OB

I may have done Jack Pyke an injustice, as I`ve just looked at the cartridge bag and it is in fact a leather fastening strap, albeit quite thin. 

OB

I have the older version of this one. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beretta-Retriever-Gear-Bag-Green-Small-Cartridge-Ammo-Bag-Field-Sports-BSA201/223036318269?epid=1765526860&hash=item33ee00223d:g:M-gAAOSwT4ZbIU~J

Mine has done 12 full game seasons and shows no signs of giving up the ghost. So at today’s price (mine was obviously a bit less than that 12 years ago) that’s less than £4 a year..... I keep 100 carts, a game carrier, a pair of gloves and a pr of sunglasses in mine. 

??

22 hours ago, eastlincs said:

Cheers for the replies, bought a jack pyke one yesterday In the end. Price being the deciding factor 

Some people knock Jack Pyke stuff but it's perfectly serviceable and well priced. I also use one of their 'Maxi' decoy bags which I bought about eight years ago for £28 I think (bit more now) and it's been brilliant with well padded shoulder straps and holds loads of gear. 

You won't be disappointed with the cartridge bag. You could have spent mega bucks but the function is still the same.

OB