Flapper ID

Very similar as ones that were sold on ebygum a year or so ago, they were sold as seconds, painted grey and priced accordingly, most suffered from motor failure and in need of some fettling , I had about 8 or so repaired them and moved them on to mates but kept 2 for myself , after the re-work they work well enough.

Basic construction looks the same but look to be better quality.

I fitted 300 rpm motors to mine

Edited by deny essex
addition

Many thanks, Deny. They're still up for grabs I see.  I have 2 and apart from one easily repairable problem with one, they're still going strong after - that's my problem, can't remember when or from whom I bought them. The Ebay version is seriously downmarket  by the look of it. At the right price I might just invest in a couple for spares backup.

1 minute ago, Westley said:

As a 'somewhat older shooter' I still have the Wagbi/Seemark cord operated dead bird flapper. I still blag the postman for the return 'springs'     :lol:

I had one of those when I first started pigeon shooting, I was always getting screwed up with cord operation grabbing the gun mounting it and watch the birds fly by I would swear they were laughing ?

I had lessons from a Guy that used to play a 1 man band.  I was able to flap the decoy with my left foot, shoot the auto one handed with my right hand, hold my coffee in my left hand.....................Oh,  and all that whilst playing a mouth organ  !   :whistling:

Sorry , I forgot, my right foot tapped in time to the mouth organ  !    :lol:

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 20:32, Westley said:

I had lessons from a Guy that used to play a 1 man band.  I was able to flap the decoy with my left foot, shoot the auto one handed with my right hand, hold my coffee in my left hand.....................Oh,  and all that whilst playing a mouth organ  !   :whistling:

Sorry , I forgot, my right foot tapped in time to the mouth organ  !    :lol:

that coffee must of tasted awful through a mouth organ :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10 July 2018 at 14:37, wymberley said:

Well, yes, as back then it would have been Camp.

Blimey, who remembers Camp coffee ? The label on the 'bottle' if I recall, showed an Indian 'servant' serving his 'Master' with the coffee. Probably not very PC now !

The Empire's gone !!

OB

18 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Blimey, who remembers Camp coffee ? The label on the 'bottle' if I recall, showed an Indian 'servant' serving his 'Master' with the coffee. Probably not very PC now !

The Empire's gone !!

OB

It now shows an Indian and a jock both drinking a brew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 18:17, army646 said:

Camp Coffee! Had fond memories from my grandma. She made you a brew and it was Camp Coffee made with steri milk. Bought a bottle years ago and realised what a bag of 'ham shank' it is. ?

That's because it contains only 4% coffee, the rest is chicory (whatever that is!)

1. (Chicory is a caffeine free herb, blah blah)

chicory5.jpg.530ecba723dea5363a65e96e05aee080.jpg