Sign in to follow this  
marmite

dummy launcher

hi all just need to pick your brains, getting a part trained lab from Ireland a would like to get a launcher which model is good ect

cheers 

I don't think any are better or worse than each other. The problem will be if you are using on your own the dog will learn very quickly what's about to happen and it may encourage it to run in unless that part of training is perfect. I have used one for a number of years but now don't like the grief it gave my wrist as they have a bit of kick to them that's why I sold mine. 

I have a lite launcher which is remote operated. I can set it up at all different positions and angles and keep the remote in my pocket. Although to be honest, I don't use it much 

To be honest u really don't need 1, i've toyed with getting 1 for years but never get round to it.

If i'm being honest when ur in the field most dogs u see the wheels fall of well before dummy launcher range anyway.

A mate uses tennis balls quite a bit and just whacks them with the racket, they go as far as u really need..

If u do buy 1 ur better to hold it pinky up so elbow/wrist gives with the kick or build urself a should pad out of waste plumbing pipes

many thanks for all the info the dog iam getting is part trained so probley a good idea not to bother with one

thanks all

See you have decided against one. A tennis ball thrower is fine and the dog does not associate a shot with a reward, namely a retrieve see the comment on running in. The main point is that in buying a part trained dog the trainer should give you advice on how to go about future training telling you how much has been done and what the dog is capable of by demonstration. That will help you take it on from there. If they won’t I wouldn’t buy a dog from them.

HI DAVE THANKS THE CHAP AS ALREADY SENT ME A VIDIO OF THE DOG WITH THE COMARND THAT HE AS ALREADY TAUGHT THE DOG VERY HELPFUL BUT SEE YOUR PIONT

MANY THANKS MARMITE