Brexit - merged threads

scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mrs May-Chamberlain & her gang have proven to be totally treacherous,they`ve gone against what they`ve even said in the last couple of weeks !

She`s sticking to the script from her superiors in Euroland imho ,it`s a done deal.

24 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Gove stated on the Marr Show that the EU has to compromise, if they don't the UK are preparing to walk away on the 29th.

Compromise on what? It's just about complete surrender as it is. But no doubt the EU will turn the screw even harder and wring out even more concessions. We've been totally shafted by our europhile Prime Minister. RIP democracy.

The cabinet 'agreement' is not about negotiating a deal with the EU, it's about trying to find some common ground within the split ranks of the Tories. What the EU will say about it is already known. The EU won't be able to accept May's proposed separation of goods and services rules because  such a division goes against the fundamental tenets of EU law. Barnier has said as much countless times. So what the government is proposing will never be subject to negotiation.

The odds of crashing out next year without any kind of agreement at all just got shorter.

4 minutes ago, stagboy said:

Good!

Well,  I don' t have a dog in the fight these days other than some assets in sterling that I can't free up, but if I still lived in Britain I'd be very concerned about crashing out with no agreement at all.

Actually, my money is on a face-saving extension to the March deadline simply because a no-deal exit would be such an unprecedented and catastrophic mess for all concerned. 

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Gove stated on the Marr Show that the EU has to compromise, if they don't the UK are preparing to walk away on the 29th.

hello, do we not buy more from the other EU countries than they buy from the UK, or maybe Mr Juncker has some form of memory loss, saying that if Mr Trumps zero tarrif  deal for the UK comes off then maybe more  companies will be ready to trade with the USA rather than the EU, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

It’s amazing how the remain focused media fails to acknowledge that athe EU superset is even more fundamentally flawed than ever before.  However much leaving hurts (and I’m sure it will in short medium term), remaining in on an more tied in basis would have been catastrophic in th medium long term, this was my view at referendum time and it’s been galvanised.

I'm absolutely sick and tired of people bleeting on and protesting against democracy whether is Brexit or Trump, it’s just boring..

4 hours ago, matone said:

Mrs May-Chamberlain & her gang have proven to be totally treacherous,they`ve gone against what they`ve even said in the last couple of weeks !

She`s sticking to the script from her superiors in Euroland imho ,it`s a done deal.

Hope not but you could be right. Is she using delaying tactics until a few of us older Brexitiers are dead?

37 minutes ago, krugerandsmith said:

Hope not but you could be right. Is she using delaying tactics until a few of us older Brexitiers are dead?

Hopefully, it's her that's dead (politically).  Sanity may  prevail when it dawns on MP's that to so blatantly and undemocratically defy the will of the people will have a cost. I for one will not vote again for those that betray us. Hopefully we will have a truly populist alternative to vote for at the next general election, that listens responds and above all reflects the will of the people.

Edited by TriBsa

4 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Well,  I don' t have a dog in the fight these days other than some assets in sterling that I can't free up, but if I still lived in Britain I'd be very concerned about crashing out with no agreement at all.

Actually, my money is on a face-saving extension to the March deadline simply because a no-deal exit would be such an unprecedented and catastrophic mess for all concerned. 

Been moving assets as much and as fast as i can. Not easy over the last year. Hoping for an extension too. 

12 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

Hopefully, it's her that's dead (politically).  Sanity may  prevail when it dawns on MP's that to so blatantly and undemocratically defy the will of the people will have a cost. I for one will not vote again for those that betray us. Hopefully we will have a truly populist alternative to vote for at the next general election, that listens responds and above all reflects the will of the people.

That`s what is req`d but where will it come from ?

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Sold down the river, oh Theresa how could you?

She has form. As Home Secretary she did nothing to stop unfettered third world imigration. She is a globalist stooge. Patriotism and Theresa May do not belong in the same sentance.

4 hours ago, walshie said:

Blimey are the remainers STILL at it? Getting out of the EU will be terrific, agreement or not and the sooner we do it the better. 

Spot on

Unfortunately I think the "negotiations" were already completed long ago and what we're seeing is just for show. I really hope I'm wrong and we crash out with a clean brexit.