scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, muncher said:

Will work out a treat,an election after Xmas ,no time to sort a deal and we exit with a clean break.

That would be good but I'm afraid it won't happen. There is more backsliding still to do.

4 minutes ago, muncher said:

Will work out a treat,an election after Xmas ,no time to sort a deal and we exit with a clean break.

Not sure it will work like that.
A leadership challenge and vote, which will in all likely hood trigger an election could happen, IF there is support in parliament, meaning IF labour think they have a cat in hells chance of doing any good out of it.

The time frame of this makes it the much already discussed autumn election.
Personally I dont think labour would call it , the state theyre in.

As far as Brexit goes, the EU will either reject Mays proposal, or ask for that many amendments, as to make it unworkable for us.

But heres the kicker.
May must have known this would happen, is this  a way of her making a dignified exit ?
Is this a way of re ordering the cabinet and party, to better cope with what would appear to be an almost definite, hard, no deal Brexit ?
Ive said all along the EU will never give us a favourable deal, and will force a hard Brexit, it simply cant afford to do anything else.

Wait and see in the next few days if May resigns, I think shes had enough, no popularity, little support, she is in the wrong place at the wrong time.
If someone sensible can take the reigns and unify the party, an election MIGHT be avoided, but if the opposition fancy their chances, who knows ?

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

A leadership challenge and vote, which will in all likely hood trigger an election could happen, IF there is support in parliament, meaning IF labour think they have a cat in hells chance of doing any good out of it.

As far as Brexit goes, the EU will either reject Mays proposal, or ask for that many amendments, as to make it unworkable for us.

But heres the kicker.
May must have known this would happen, is this  a way of her making a dignified exit ?
Is this a way of re ordering the cabinet and party, to better cope with what would appear to be an almost definite, hard, no deal Brexit ?
Ive said all along the EU will never give us a favourable deal, and will force a hard Brexit, it simply cant afford to do anything else.

Wait and see in the next few days if May resigns, I think shes had enough, no popularity, little support, she is in the wrong place at the wrong time.
If someone sensible can take the reigns and unify the party, an election MIGHT be avoided, but if the opposition fancy their chances, who knows ?

As soon as Jeremy and Dianne start spouting impossible promises it will mean they think it is a possibility!

11 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

As soon as Jeremy and Dianne start spouting impossible promises it will mean they think it is a possibility!

Very true, but they can only do that so many times, before they become the odd couple who cried wolf.

I think, of the people who voted to leave in 2016, they will realise that the only way to get a clean break from Brussels will be to vote tory, as they know  a labour majority would either bring in a pro EU very soft Brexit or do the Ref 2  and so on until we give up.
I for one have not lost faith yet.

1 minute ago, krugerandsmith said:

Democracy is  an illusion defined only when you abide by the rules set out  within certain parameters.

So very true.

22 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

But heres the kicker.

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Very true, but they can only do that so many times, before they become the odd couple who cried wolf.

I think, of the people who voted to leave in 2016, they will realise that the only way to get a clean break from Brussels will be to vote tory, as they know  a labour majority would either bring in a pro EU very soft Brexit or do the Ref 2  and so on until we give up.
I for one have not lost faith yet.

So very true.

I have no doubt that Mrs May and Angela Merkel have worked out a plan at their many many meetings.... How to leave but not leave.

6 minutes ago, krugerandsmith said:

I have no doubt that Mrs May and Angela Merkel have worked out a plan at their many many meetings.... How to leave but not leave.

Its a good job its not actually up to them then ?

Its up to us, if you really want it, we might have to lift bums off sofas and get out the comfort zone.
If it starts turning for the worse, we need to let them be very loudly aware of our displeasure.
Silence is taken as acquiescence .

Just now, Rewulf said:

Its a good job its not actually up to them then ?

Its up to us, if you really want it, we might have to lift bums off sofas and get out the comfort zone.
If it starts turning for the worse, we need to let them be very loudly aware of our displeasure.
Silence is taken as acquiescence .

So very True.