Brexit - merged threads

scouser

Just a quick update  on the Leave /Remain vote on the Jack Dart Facebook page.
Bear in mind his page is a little obscure unless youre a staunch remainer (He is extremely anti Brexit)

The final result after 290,000 votes was 36% remain and 64% to leave, give him his due, most people like him delete the poll when it starts going the wrong way, but he kept it going , although it was blatantly obvious from the start how it would go.

So if thats the result in a remain bias environment, what would it be in the real world ?
You wouldnt think all those oldies would know a facebook page if it knocked them off their zimmer frames ? ?

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Superb, I was not aware of him or his poll, I wonder what he will do now?

Keep spewing his remain BS probably.

If youre on FB check him out, Jack Dart, its quite funny, (Hes worked on building sites you know !)

I think we should make it very clear we are leaving, then accept the zero customs tarriff agreements that would almost certainly follow.

Good for business and good for almost everyone else in the UK apart from politicians and a few CEO's, and puts us back to the days of the common market that just about everyone liked..

Edited by Dave-G

Another update on the jack dart Facebook page.

He's re running the poll with a slightly different question ,as the last poll 'may have been hijacked by bots ' ?

It's already going to leave again by 70 percent .

You know you want to get involved don't you ?

57 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Another update on the jack dart Facebook page.

He's re running the poll with a slightly different question ,as the last poll 'may have been hijacked by bots ' ?

It's already going to leave again by 70 percent .

You know you want to get involved don't you ?

That is seriously funny.

I have no doubt if a second referendum took place leave would win by a much bigger majority than the first time.

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

That is seriously funny.

I have no doubt if a second referendum took place leave would win by a much bigger majority than the first time.

But would that stop the remainers whining? They've been doing it non-stop for 2 years and we haven't even left yet. March 29th can't come soon enough for me. I tolerated their nonsense for several months after the UK voted to leave the EU, but 2 years on just hearing the same pathetic rhetoric ad nauseam makes me want to scream. 

Turn it in or move to the EU while you still have the chance before the sky falls in. 

Did none of you watch last weeks "the last leg" on channel 4, it was brilliant.

there was a tory mp on but i cant think what her name was, she was saying that Mogg is already running the show, they were saying how brexit will be like the tennis was if there is another vote, its now 19 for remain and 20 for leave, negotiations are entering there 40th year.... Worth a watch.

On 24/07/2018 at 17:35, Rewulf said:

Sounds a fair approximation .

Just gaining Momentum!

Sadly although having voted to leave on the democratic principle I now believe we are finished either way, our present Government having just followed the usual political track of mediocrity being classed as a gold standard will lead us into the wilderness.

A good job not many breweries left to test their organisational skills?

see Barnier has rejected the chequers agreement...................when will May cotton on to the fact that all that the EU is interested in is to bring Britian totally to its knees....for daring to take on the EU.....................

its going to be NO-DEAL.............lets pull out now whilst we still are intact....and watch the skittles fall.........

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

see Barnier has rejected the chequers agreement...................when will May cotton on to the fact that all that the EU is interested in is to bring Britian totally to its knees....for daring to take on the EU.....................

its going to be NO-DEAL.............lets pull out now whilst we still are intact....and watch the skittles fall.........

Inevitable, always has been.

I see Trump managed to sort a 0% tariff deal the other day, took 1 day .
We have nothing after 2 years, I wonder why ?

46 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Inevitable, always has been.

I see Trump managed to sort a 0% tariff deal the other day, took 1 day .
We have nothing after 2 years, I wonder why ?

Doesn't that undermind one of benefits of leaving the EU through. Bet Barnier jumped at it. 

I've give up thinking too much about it. To me it's a total mess with little reasoning on both sides. Ya boo.. blah de blah. 

At least trump makes decisions and waits for the fall out and amends it where necessary. Seems more productive and  better than everyone being bored to death listening politicians justifying themselves,  ultimately with no outcome. 

Edited by Paul1440

37 minutes ago, Paul1440 said:

Doesn't that undermind one of benefits of leaving the EU through. Bet Barnier jumped at it. 

I've give up thinking too much about it. To me it's a total mess with little reasoning on both sides. Ya boo.. blah de blah. 

At least trump makes decisions and waits for the fall out and amends it where necessary. Seems more productive and  better than everyone being bored to death listening politicians justifying themselves,  ultimately with no outcome. 

im afraid i have to agree with this................

26 minutes ago, Paul1440 said:

Dont get me wrong, I think WTO no deal scenarios are the best option, but ..

Why the dance ? Why the promises from the EU that if we did this or that, we would get a deal ?
Why waste 2 years playing at negotiations, the uncertainty has without a doubt harmed UK business.

The EU has NEVER considered giving us a favourable deal, it cant, its position as 'head of Europe' would suffer immeasurably if they simply let us go, do you not think there are other countries like us , sick and tired of giving up more and more control to unelected drunken elitists in Brussels, abusing expense accounts and building white elephants with OUR money ?
If we got a good deal, they would want one too.
The whole idea of 2 years wait after signing article 50 is just a ploy to try and make you change your minds ,or leadership .

If we had a prime minister who had their heart in leaving, we could have abandoned these sham negotiations a year ago and been out by now.
Now we night have to wait another 2 years before we can move on.
Sound good , another 2 years of uncertainty, of paying billions into their coffers ?

Think about it this way, they have rung us out to dry on matters like NI border, customs checks, divorce bill, regulatory alignment, ECJ, citizens rights, we have capitulated on virtually everything !
Tell me one thing they have offered us ?
Have they even insinuated what sort of 'trade deal'  we are looking at getting ?
We have to virtually stay in, under worse conditions than before, for an insinuated low tariff deal.
And thats took 2 years ?
If there was any will in our government, we would tell them where to stick it.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The EU has NEVER considered giving us a favourable deal, it cant, its position as 'head of Europe' would suffer immeasurably if they simply let us go,

Rewulf this is one comment you've made that I completely and utterly agree with you on.

Cheers

Aled

37 minutes ago, JRDS said:

No deal = No transition so out in March 2019. 

Lets hope so.

30 minutes ago, Aled said:

Rewulf this is one comment you've made that I completely and utterly agree with you on.

Cheers

Aled

Thanks Aled.
In the beginning I sort of thought that it was possible to clinch some kind of mutually beneficial agreement wit h them.
What I didnt realise, is that the core of the EU , the commission and its lackeys, are perfectly willing to burn the economies of European Nations to preserve its existence.
An utterly ruthless and pointless exercise !
They said 'we would suffer' 
But so will ordinary Europeans, and Brussels dont care.
This will come back to bite them, and theyre too stupid to realise.

19 minutes ago, oowee said:

At least we agree on one thing with the Brexit vote.

Im sure we can agree on many things, but the people who voted Brexit really didnt vote the way they did because they are stupid, or racists.
Just normal people who think just the same way as you, but decided leave was the lesser of two evils.

No one expected the UK to suddenly become richer, better or suddenly have mediterranean weather ?
But a majority of people did vote , because they are sick and tired of EU rules , diktats and general disrespect of the British people.
Think about that for a second,   they chose to jump into the unknown, put their jobs, and personal interests aside, rather than stay and keep things as they are.
Does that not tell you something ?

The idea that nearly half the adult population of this country are racists, or uneducated, or indeed  ' didnt know what they were voting for ' is to be frank ,disrespectful and a bit naive.
The EU have told us constantly, that because we chose to leave, the onus is on us to sort out the problems it has caused.
In other words, we werent supposed to leave, and we are going to pay the price for 'daring ' to.
This is the friendly trade organisation we are dealing with, this is EU bully tactics.
The same type of bullying they have done with Greece , Italy, and now Poland and Hungary, trying to force countries to take migrant quotas they simply do not want.
Who are they to tell us who and what we have to take into our neighbourhoods ?

Maybe you cant or wont see that the EU has massively exceeded its mandate to oversee trade amongst the European nations, and established itself as a hegemony style ,  unelected government, with a mafia style way of doing business.
But thankfully 17.4 million Brits did.

42 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Lets hope so.

Thanks Aled.
In the beginning I sort of thought that it was possible to clinch some kind of mutually beneficial agreement wit h them.
What I didnt realise, is that the core of the EU , the commission and its lackeys, are perfectly willing to burn the economies of European Nations to preserve its existence.
An utterly ruthless and pointless exercise !
They said 'we would suffer' 
But so will ordinary Europeans, and Brussels dont care.
This will come back to bite them, and theyre too stupid to realise.

Im sure we can agree on many things, but the people who voted Brexit really didnt vote the way they did because they are stupid, or racists.
Just normal people who think just the same way as you, but decided leave was the lesser of two evils.

No one expected the UK to suddenly become richer, better or suddenly have mediterranean weather ?
But a majority of people did vote , because they are sick and tired of EU rules , diktats and general disrespect of the British people.
Think about that for a second,   they chose to jump into the unknown, put their jobs, and personal interests aside, rather than stay and keep things as they are.
Does that not tell you something ?

The idea that nearly half the adult population of this country are racists, or uneducated, or indeed  ' didnt know what they were voting for ' is to be frank ,disrespectful and a bit naive.
The EU have told us constantly, that because we chose to leave, the onus is on us to sort out the problems it has caused.
In other words, we werent supposed to leave, and we are going to pay the price for 'daring ' to.
This is the friendly trade organisation we are dealing with, this is EU bully tactics.
The same type of bullying they have done with Greece , Italy, and now Poland and Hungary, trying to force countries to take migrant quotas they simply do not want.
Who are they to tell us who and what we have to take into our neighbourhoods ?

Maybe you cant or wont see that the EU has massively exceeded its mandate to oversee trade amongst the European nations, and established itself as a hegemony style ,  unelected government, with a mafia style way of doing business.
But thankfully 17.4 million Brits did.

As usual on the money rewulf,

Al

47 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Of course the onus is on us! And the EU didn't cause any problems -we're the ones leaving. And yes, the EU has constantly  told us is that it is up to us propose what kind of political and economic relationship we want with it once we leave. How would they know what we might want when we don't even seem to know ourselves? They've also constantly told us that it is not possible for the EU to either compromise the integrity of the single market, or the indivisiblity of  'the' four freedoms of movement' of goods, services, capital and labour,  because these are the bedrock upon which the whole EU is founded. So based what they've always told us,  it was always a given that Barnier would reject May's Chequers proposals. He could do nothing else - he had choice,.

But of course, May knew that all along. The whole White Paper exercise was just a ploy to try and shift the blame for the upcoming consequences of a catastrophic no-deal Brexit onto the EU. In other words this government plays petty political pass the parcel games when it should be negotiating properly on the basis of what is and isn't realistically possible.

You can't blame the EU for the pitiful quality of UK politicians.

6 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Of course the onus is on us! And the EU didn't cause any problems -we're the ones leaving. And yes, the EU has constantly  told us is that it is up to us propose what kind of political and economic relationship we want with it once we leave. How would they know what we might want when we don't even seem to know ourselves? They've also constantly told us that it is not possible for the EU to either compromise the integrity of the single market, or the indivisiblity of  'the' four freedoms of movement' of goods, services, capital and labour,  because these are the bedrock upon which the whole EU is founded. So based what they've always told us,  it was always a given that Barnier would reject May's Chequers proposals. He could do nothing else - he had choice,.

But of course, May knew that all along. The whole White Paper exercise was just a ploy to try and shift the blame for the upcoming consequences of a catastrophic no-deal Brexit onto the EU. In other words this government plays petty political pass the parcel games when it should be negotiating properly on the basis of what is and isn't realistically possible.

You can't blame the EU for the pitiful quality of UK politicians.

Spot on. You can only blame the political games that have gone on to propose such a stupid opaque referendum in the first place. Neither side was clear what the consequences of the vote would mean. The whole mess we are in can only be laid at the door of Cameron. God help us if it's no deal and we have to fight our way to a sensible arrangement. It will cost us years of economic growth at the very least.

I always had time for Cameron but his credibility went down the pan with his handling of this. If there is one thing you expect from politicians it's to debate and manage some of the harder political issues that the electorate through a lack of detailed understanding of the argument is not able to fully evaluate. What a legacy to leave with, a divided country and no road map to the future. Lets throw the whole future up in the air and hope it lands the right way up is beyond desperate. 

Our "friends" in the EU are quite happy to roll over for the USA, but try to punish the UK. It shows their true colours. Glad we are leaving that pathetic little club. There will be more room at the trough for them after we go.