Brexit - merged threads

scouser

1 hour ago, dead eye alan said:

Just sent email to my MP voicing my opinion on the fudging and dithering. I urge you all to do the same!.

I emailed mine at various stages of their betrayal, and just get the same load of tosh every time, 'we voted to leave the EU and the single market and the ECJ and we will be doing so blah blah blah', even when you point out that what is being proposed only gets us out in name, you just get the same bull reply.

Edited by Newbie to this

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Vince Green said:

There is absolutely no possibility that any deal the EU would agree would be more beneficial to the UK than no deal. Without Britain's contribution the EU's sums don't add up, If they aren't worried they should be. 

I agree 100%.I have said this from day one.

Could someone enlighten me if we (hopefully) get no deal, regarding what happens to the so called Ireland backstop and how would no deal  effect the UK in that respect?

Why are 'we' responsible for the tax/customs arrangements regarding Ireland?

4 hours ago, Good shot? said:

I agree 100%.I have said this from day one.

Could someone enlighten me if we (hopefully) get no deal, regarding what happens to the so called Ireland backstop and how would no deal  effect the UK in that respect?

Why are 'we' responsible for the tax/customs arrangements regarding Ireland?

I really don't see the issue.

We just tell them we will not be putting a hard border in place end of discussion, if the EU want to force Ireland to put a hard border in place then that is for them and Ireland to discuss.

Our side of the border is absolutely nothing to do with the EU.

We'll worry about our side, you worry about yours.

I think the reason they have made it such an issue is that the UK will become a competitive trade market and they are worried that our goods will be cheaper, and that will look good to the rest of Ireland, in more than one way.

Edited by Newbie to this

3 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

I really don't see the issue.

We just tell them we will not be putting a hard border in place end of discussion, if the EU want to force Ireland to put a hard border in place the that is for them and Ireland to discuss.

Our side of the border is absolutely nothing to do with the EU.

We'll worry about our side, you worry about yours.

I think the reason they have made it such an issue is that the UK will become a competitive trade market and they are worried that our goods will be cheaper, and that will look good to the rest of Ireland, in more than one way.

Spot on

5 hours ago, mick miller said:

I said, right after the vote, the vote we won, that the establishment will never, ever let this happen. What we're seeing is an epic toe punt of the can until the next election. An election which will be based entirely around one idea, one vision; stopping brexit and overturning the vote. 

Hardly cryptic, as the lyrics state, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave. 

Or, as my old granddad used to say, it doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always wins. 

It is extremely cryptic if you've just come in from a night shift and are on here waiting for the house to empty so you can go to bed!:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, stagboy said:

The only entity that wants a hard border within the island of Ireland is the EU high command. Yet who, exactly, is going to actually build and man this border, if it comes to it? Not us. And not the Irish. So, who?

I nominate those snail-eating surrender monkeys. That's right. The French.

https://order-order.com/2018/10/19/backdoor-eu-funding-losers-vote/?fbclid=IwAR3zA-N-WOWpP3TmQZuDuvfcRiq3fAG9bU6MDdJN_ltOvVOK4yG3w0tde6A

Can you imagine if a leave march got funding from an outside influence ?

If Aaron Banks laid on buses for people to travel to London to protest ?

There would be UPROAR ! Talk of Russian influence and 'far right' involvement.

Yet the EU and soros, via various charities and organisations are able to get away with it ,and have it heavily publicised via our state funded media !

In other news, May has virtually  said this morning that she doesnt care if she gets ousted ,as long as she delivers the soft Brexit SHE thinks is best for us.
Im feeling a gammon flush coming on 😂

Edited by Rewulf

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

https://order-order.com/2018/10/19/backdoor-eu-funding-losers-vote/?fbclid=IwAR3zA-N-WOWpP3TmQZuDuvfcRiq3fAG9bU6MDdJN_ltOvVOK4yG3w0tde6A

Can you imagine if a leave march got funding from an outside influence ?

If Aaron Banks laid on buses for people to travel to London to protest ?

There would be UPROAR ! Talk of Russian influence and 'far right' involvement.

Yet the EU and soros, via various charities and organisations are able to get away with it ,and have it heavily publicised via our state funded media !

In other news, May has virtually  said this morning that she doesnt care if she gets ousted ,as long as she delivers the soft Brexit SHE thinks is best for us.
Im feeling a gammon flush coming on 😂

The whole sarga has exposed just how corrupt our supposed democratic system is, I would hope even staunch remain supporters agree with that.

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

The whole sarga has exposed just how corrupt our supposed democratic system is, I would hope even staunch remain supporters agree with that.

Some do, but some are still grinding their teeth over the result, hoping it can all be stopped.
A woman for the peoples vote (Nottingham branch) was on local radio this morning saying, and I quote.

'We need to have another vote, because NO ONE knew what they were voting for'

Stunning naivety and hypocrisy.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Im feeling a gammon flush coming on

My daughter showed me a faceache post this AM from some left wing "person" demanding that the term "snowflake" should be banned as hate speech as all the "Gammons" (Racist/sexist term for white males) were using it to describe left win(g)ers.

Says it all really:/

17 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

My daughter showed me a faceache post this AM from some left wing "person" demanding that the term "snowflake" should be banned as hate speech as all the "Gammons" (Racist/sexist term for white males) were using it to describe left win(g)ers.

Says it all really:/

Bout right.

Im actually thinking of organising a Peoples vote branch in my area, get some soros and EU grant money applied for, then spend it all on a PW shooting event 😃
The ultimate middle finger to them.

An artist I know whom posts her artwork on social media has used the platform to promote the ‘people’s vote # stop Brexit’ rally. I took her to task over it and asked if that was how democracy worked; namely those who profess to claim they know better, demanding another referendum because they didn’t like the result of the last one. She didn’t think there was anything wrong in having another vote, if leaving meant having an ‘enormously detrimental’ effect on the UK. I pointed out to her that I didn’t vote Tory at the last election, but I’m not demanding we do it again because I didn’t like the result; it’s not best if three, and that the ‘leave’ campaign didn’t have the monopoly on lying or dirty tricks. She has gone quiet. 

The sheer arrogance of some remainers beggars belief! 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

The sheer arrogance of some remainers beggars belief! 

The sheer ignorance too.
'The peoples vote' - I would take this to mean the will of the 'people' ie the majority ?
But in the same sentence #StopBrexit, in effect have a peoples vote , to stop Brexit that the 'people' majority voted for originally.

What is the point of having a vote put to the people, with a proviso that you only vote one way ?
To counter act a vote you have already put to the people, that you didnt like the result of.

Sounds like a North Korean or banana republic election with only one candidate on the ballot paper.
I.e  NOT  democratic in any way shape or form.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

The sheer ignorance too.
'The peoples vote' - I would take this to mean the will of the 'people' ie the majority ?
But in the same sentence #StopBrexit, in effect have a peoples vote , to stop Brexit that the 'people' majority voted for originally.

What is the point of having a vote put to the people, with a proviso that you only vote one way ?
To counter act a vote you have already put to the people, that you didnt like the result of.

Sounds like a North Korean or banana republic election with only one candidate on the ballot paper.
I.e  NOT  democratic in any way shape or form.

Quite. 

just to add EU bosses have told Italy to tear up their budget proposals as it is not in keeping with the rules and the pictures in Italy show they do not like being told what to spend they could reject the euro deck of cards comes to mind

2 hours ago, armsid said:

just to add EU bosses have told Italy to tear up their budget proposals as it is not in keeping with the rules and the pictures in Italy show they do not like being told what to spend they could reject the euro deck of cards comes to mind

Possible but they won't. They know that they are better off complying and getting the unaffordable budget in order. Despite all of the latin bluster they know which side of their pizza has cheese on it. 

10 hours ago, oowee said:

Possible but they won't. They know that they are better off complying and getting the unaffordable budget in order. Despite all of the latin bluster they know which side of their pizza has cheese on it. 

I cant say Im that clued up on Italian politics, but what I can see ,is the people in government at the moment are a different type of politician.
I think its fair to say that, if they are pushed too hard, they WILL do something drastic.
It really all depends on how corrupt they really are, more corrupt = less drastic.

1 hour ago, Aled said:

"The large majority of our trading partners do not have any objections to our proposed goods schedule. A small number have submitted their concerns and would like to discuss further."

I wonder who they could be ? :hmm: