Brexit - merged threads

scouser

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

I suspect the "deal" will disappoint everyone and please no one? My personal thoughts are, we had a democratic referendum which voted leave, there can be no rerun of the referendum......that is done! The only vote the country should have now is whether to accept the "deal" our government "negotiated" with the EU.........or just leave!

yes  lets all get ready to fall in line and touch are toes for the EU cos thats all i can see happening with this bunch of snowflakes.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suspect the cabinet were always going to endorse the "deal" I further suspect it's a carp deal because it has been made so, deliberately! It's what the politicians (both ours and the EU's) always planned, then they (fronted by May) can blame parliament, when they kick it into touch!........project fear has all along (and is still) being used to frighten the electorate, with the threat of a "cliff edge" no deal Brexit, and the "dire consequences" this will allegedly bring.....consequences which, for the good of the country, parliament won't allow to happen!........on this basis they will "give" the electorate another chance to get the "right" result!

Conspiracy theory? I hope I'm wrong? But even if I'm right, and there is an undemocratic referendum re run?............If I vote? I will again vote leave!

11 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I suspect the cabinet were always going to endorse the "deal" I further suspect it's a carp deal because it has been made so, deliberately! It's what the politicians (both ours and the EU's) always planned, then they (fronted by May) can blame parliament, when they kick it into touch!........project fear has all along (and is still) being used to frighten the electorate, with the threat of a "cliff edge" no deal Brexit, and the "dire consequences" this will allegedly bring.....consequences which, for the good of the country, parliament won't allow to happen!........on this basis they will "give" the electorate another chance to get the "right" result!

Conspiracy theory? I hope I'm wrong? But even if I'm right, and there is an undemocratic referendum re run?............If I vote? I will again vote leave!

Sounds quite feasible.

10 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I don't think there will be a second referendum. I think the game now for Appeaser May is to spin this out as long as possible, for she controls the timetable. When it eventually comes before parliament, the argument will be back this deal or chaos will ensue because no preparations have been made for a no deal Brexit. Project fear will then be used on MP's to decide their vote. She needs to go, and go soon.

As this all begins to settle down will we see a multitude of mail for the 1922 Committee and will we see any resignations?

Esther McVey, Penny Mordant and possibly Dominic Raab must be close to jumping ship.

My MP Shailesh Vara has resigned. He was a Northern Ireland Minister.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Note of first resignation.

The third option wasn't another referendum, she mentioned it last night, the third option is 'no brexit at all'. Watch as this builds into the new narrative. It will be a case of 'this is such a bad deal, we're better off staying in'. It was always going to be the outcome, May and her team have played a blinder in stringing everyone along when this was the ultimate goal. It's final stages now, they just have to steer this thing a little longer into us staying put. 

5 minutes ago, mick miller said:

The third option wasn't another referendum, she mentioned it last night, the third option is 'no brexit at all'. Watch as this builds into the new narrative. It will be a case of 'this is such a bad deal, we're better off staying in'. It was always going to be the outcome, May and her team have played a blinder in stringing everyone along when this was the ultimate goal. It's final stages now, they just have to steer this thing a little longer into us staying put. 

Sadly I feel you are quite correct.

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Sadly I feel you are quite correct.

I'm right. I said at the outset, if we leave the EU, as a result of the referendum, I'll eat my own feet. I was confident I'd still be needing shoes in three years time. It wasn't the result 'they' wanted or expected.

As for Mogg, Johnson et al; fat bags of wind without a set of balls between them.