• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

:lol:

Whats going to happen next it's all go down at Westminster.

Mogg and May will forgo the usual leadership challenge system, and will fight to the death on the green, using weapons from the tower.
Mogg will win obviously, then give the traditional 2 fingered salute to the Frenchies and the Hun.
The EU will know it is beaten, offer us a free trade deal, £100 billion divorce payment, and lands that belonged to the English crown circa 1200 AD.
All will rejoice HUZZAH !

Except Anna Soubry , who will be languishing in the Tower, eating rats :lol:

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

£100 billion divorce payment,

They will have to buy a money tree from Corbyn & Co

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Except Anna Soubry , who will be languishing in the Tower, eating rats

Poor rats - she likes Europe so much - I expect she will live on snails and frogs legs.

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Poor rats - she likes Europe so much - I expect she will live on snails and frogs legs.

Well she certainly wont get re elected to her constituency again, thats for sure.

Probably one of the most hated people in Nottingham.
She cant walk the streets in safety.

18 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Mogg and May will forgo the usual leadership challenge system, and will fight to the death on the green, using weapons from the tower.
Mogg will win obviously, then give the traditional 2 fingered salute to the Frenchies and the Hun.
The EU will know it is beaten, offer us a free trade deal, £100 billion divorce payment, and lands that belonged to the English crown circa 1200 AD.

But that won't be good for Scotland and you have failed to mention Wales and we would have to have a border. Not sure you would get a deal like that through, it's a back door for Corbyn. 

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

But that won't be good for Scotland and you have failed to mention Wales and we would have to have a border. Not sure you would get a deal like that through, it's a back door for Corbyn. 

He can go to the tower too while were at it, damn Russian spy anyway 😂

To be honest, if Scotland and Wales wanted out the Union, Id let them go, personally, I think they would struggle with true independence.
Then when they beg us , we can invade them again :lol:

1 hour ago, pinfireman said:

So you are another anti-democrat?  Looks that way........When your football team loses, do you throw a tantrum, and demand a rematch?

St Albans? Says it all...........voted Remain.

Nope - I just hope my team win next time 🙂

E43B1779-9B0E-43CA-A9FE-E4F0C6537070.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Image result for when you voted to remain but

Ooohhh, I just tried to find it on the APP store but it’s not there??????

🙂

Still, if I meet someone in ‘the same boat’ that’s good isn’t it- unless it’s of course that boat bringing all those ‘illegal EU migrants’ in! Oh that’s right- you can’t be an EU migrant if your ‘illegal’ , something many find difficult to comprehend and that merely transiting through one EU state to another gives you no greater chance of landing on these shores as your still ‘ILLEGAL’ ....

Right, back to Lego 

14 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Still, if I meet someone in ‘the same boat’ that’s good isn’t it- unless it’s of course that boat bringing all those ‘illegal EU migrants’ in! Oh that’s right- you can’t be an EU migrant if your ‘illegal’ , something many find difficult to comprehend and that merely transiting through one EU state to another gives you no greater chance of landing on these shores as your still ‘ILLEGAL’ ....

Thats OK.
When we get our new far , far, far, right wing dictator  prime minister, we can run ALL the migrants out of town 😃

I have a feeling a Hard Brexit has always been on the table, maybe even the intention.

No way the EU was going to let us go easy, it might encourage others.

The current proposal , for me, fell flat on its face with the intention that we need the EU's permission/approval to end the backstop.  The difference between N. Ireland and the rest of the UK for customs was always going to be a non-starter too.

So, given that just those two items were in the proposal means, to my mind, that someone, somewhere, wanted the proposal rejected, and given the apparent lack of time to renegotiate, a Hard Brexit would ensue.

Just my 2d worth,

RS

31 minutes ago, RockySpears said:

The current proposal , for me, fell flat on its face with the intention that we need the EU's permission/approval to end the backstop.  The difference between N. Ireland and the rest of the UK for customs was always going to be a non-starter too

Agreed

31 minutes ago, RockySpears said:

So, given that just those two items were in the proposal means, to my mind, that someone, somewhere, wanted the proposal rejected, and given the apparent lack of time to renegotiate, a Hard Brexit would ensue.

I think the EU is so arrogant that they think/thought we would just accept it (and as I understand it, since the Parliamentary vote is only 'meaninful') - perhaps we still might?

They don't want a Brexit at all, they would prefer us to remain in so that they can continue to bleed money from us, enjoy our fishing etc. - but if we are leaving - it must be seen to carry a 'punishment' to discourage others.  If we also leave without a deal, you can expect them to make the immediate aftermath as difficult as they possibly can.  The French in particular can be very vindictive.

15 minutes ago, JDog said:

The EU has always had the upper hand in these 'negotiations'

How?

We buy more than we sell and pay an extortionate amount for the privilege. What we buy from the EU we can, in almost every case buy from somewhere outside the EU, without paying for the privilege. That for me puts us in the driving seat. Yes at first it might be difficult to get certain thing in, but that is also caused by the EU and our weak PM, by stopping us from even talking to others about trade deals.

Our main import from the EU is cheap Labour, and that just makes everything bad for the ordinary people of the UK and only benefits big business, I for one think that is an import we can certainly do without.

They are now talking of an EU army and an Empire, and history will tell us where that type of talk ends.

We have always had the upper hand, but have (for some unknown reason) allowed the EU give the illusion that it does.

The Irish border is a non issue dreamt up bu the EU elite to promote fear of more trouble in Ireland, as I have said before, our stance sholud have always been, 'we will not be putting in place a hard border end of story', if the EU want to force Ireland to do so then that is for them annd the Republic of Ireland to discuss.

Don't tell us what we have to do, do they still not see this is one of the main reasons people want out, the EU telling every member what they can and can't do! Will they ever learn? I doubt it.

If Tesco started charging you a weekly fee to shop in their shops with marked up prices and stop you from using Asda without paying Tesco a fee, would you want to be a member of Tesco or would you want out and the freedom to shop wherever you like without paying for the privilege? 

Oh and I nearly forgot, you must also pay for other members to better themselves, whilst they steal away your industry. The EU is only good for the people in big business not average Joe!

19 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Aquitaine is nice this time of year, I hear.

1 hour ago, RockySpears said:

I have a feeling a Hard Brexit has always been on the table, maybe even the intention.

No way the EU was going to let us go easy, it might encourage others.

The current proposal , for me, fell flat on its face with the intention that we need the EU's permission/approval to end the backstop.  The difference between N. Ireland and the rest of the UK for customs was always going to be a non-starter too.

Just my 2d worth,

RS

A "hard" brexit would be the best thing that could happen to this country in the long run, it will almost certainly be better than any "deal" we get from the EU.

8 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

How?

We buy more than we sell and pay an extortionate amount for the privilege. What we buy from the EU we can, in almost every case buy from somewhere outside the EU, without paying for the privilege. That for me puts us in the driving seat. Yes at first it might be difficult to get certain thing in, but that is also caused by the EU and our weak PM, by stopping us from even talking to others about trade deals.

Our main import from the EU is cheap Labour, and that just makes everything bad for the ordinary people of the UK and only benefits big business, I for one think that is an import we can certainly do without.

They are now talking of an EU army and an Empire, and history will tell us where that type of talk ends.

We have always had the upper hand, but have (for some unknown reason) allowed the EU give the illusion that it does.

The Irish border is a non issue dreamt up bu the EU elite to promote fear of more trouble in Ireland, as I have said before, our stance sholud have always been, 'we will not be putting in place a hard border end of story', if the EU want to force Ireland to do so then that is for them annd the Republic of Ireland to discuss.

Don't tell us what we have to do, do they still not see this is one of the main reasons people want out, the EU telling every member what they can and can't do! Will they ever learn? I doubt it.

If Tesco started charging you a weekly fee to shop in their shops with marked up prices and stop you from using Asda without paying Tesco a fee, would you want to be a member of Tesco or would you want out and the freedom to shop wherever you like without paying for the privilege? 

Oh and I nearly forgot, you must also pay for other members to better themselves, whilst they steal away your industry. The EU is only good for the people in big business not average Joe!

Absolutely spot on.

21 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

How?

Great post Newbie :good: