Brexit - merged threads

scouser

4 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Yes Majority wins but you have to remember that half the population of Northern Ireland class themselves as Irish so they wanted to stay with the Irish Republic in the EU We could debate this all year at the end of the day the majority of the Uk voted to leave so just deal with it Bazooka Joe mention Scotland comparing it to NI the difference is NI politics are completely different to the rest of the UK after 30 years of sectarian conflict So that’s why some politicians in NI want special status when we leave 

Me personally, I would like to see a United Ireland, but we all know that isn't happening any time soon. But it doesn't change the fact that N. Ireland are at this moment in time, in the UK and have to accept the result, regardless of whether they regard themselves as UK citizens or not.

There is a political movement at the moment in the Republic called Irexit, I would urge all the Irish to get on board and get rid of the dictatorship EU. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Newbie I agree we just have to get on with it mate and your right NI is part of the uk but my point is half people in NI class themselves as Irish so there lies the problem Majority voted to stay in NI with EU 

3F13DE6C-1085-4778-8644-46355671D775.jpeg

I agree, the majority did vote to stay in N. Ireland but that doesn't matter. The fact is this was one of the largest Democratic votes in UK history, being that every vote counted and the high numbers that voted. The fact that certain areas/constituencies voted remain/leave doesn't matter, every vote counted. I think this is also what Cameron failed to grasp when he put forward the referendum. It was a display of true democracy and to do anything other than what was voted for ie 'Leave' not hard or soft but Leave completely, stop paying, stop having them make our laws and dictating on things like border control and trade agreements, just Leave completely. Anything else is undemocratic and so are all that wish to somehow overturn the vote. 

Remain voters lost, Leave voters won, how the 55.8% voted  bears no consequence, same as the rest who voted Remain.

And yes I do like Duck so they can keep coming, but once they are here as with all wild birds they become ours.

55 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

comparing it to NI the difference is NI politics are completely different to the rest of the UK after 30 years of sectarian conflict

Northern  Irelands politics has nothing what so ever to do with it, you are part of the union and voted as part of the union... As for Scotland it's exactly the same, even though wee crankie thinks different.. 

14 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I agree, the majority did vote to stay in N. Ireland but that doesn't matter. The fact is this was one of the largest Democratic votes in UK history, being that every vote counted and the high numbers that voted. The fact that certain areas/constituencies voted remain/leave doesn't matter, every vote counted. I think this is also what Cameron failed to grasp when he put forward the referendum. It was a display of true democracy and to do anything other than what was voted for ie 'Leave' not hard or soft but Leave completely, stop paying, stop having them make our laws and dictating on things like border control and trade agreements, just Leave completely. Anything else is undemocratic and so are all that wish to somehow overturn the vote. 

You could say that the majority of London voted to stay, do they want independence too ?
Being as a very high percentage of Londoners were not born in this country, maybe thats not so far fetched.

But its irrelevant , it was a majority vote , with clear implications, its no good saying Scotland wanted to stay or NI wanted to stay, so they should, we have had Scottish and NI MPs voting in Westminster for years, you dont see people crying about that do you ?

Theres also a lot of talk about how leave didnt see these issues coming, borders, divorce payments ?
Well , funnily enough, neither did remain, or the government, or Mr 'I get it wrong most of the time' Carney.
Have a read through of the famous £9 million leaflet, 
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk

Yep, no mention of these MASSIVE stumbling blocks to Brexit, and more importantly , no mention of a deal or exit agreement needing to be ratified by Parliament, and certainly no mention of asking Brussels if we are allowed to leave.

Theres a good reason for this, its because these problems have been PLACED there to frustrate the process, by Brussels and with some collusion from our own government.
Its a dirty stinking cess pit of dishonesty, corruption and bully boy tactics, that need a good firm put down.
Latest is if we delay, we need to pay even more divorce money, we havnt agreed the first lot yet !
Oh and we need continued access to your fishing grounds, you might as well slap the UKs fisherman round the head with a month old mackerel.

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You could say that the majority of London voted to stay, do they want independence too ?
Being as a very high percentage of Londoners were not born in this country, maybe thats not so far fetched.

But its irrelevant , it was a majority vote , with clear implications, its no good saying Scotland wanted to stay or NI wanted to stay, so they should, we have had Scottish and NI MPs voting in Westminster for years, you dont see people crying about that do you ?

Theres also a lot of talk about how leave didnt see these issues coming, borders, divorce payments ?
Well , funnily enough, neither did remain, or the government, or Mr 'I get it wrong most of the time' Carney.
Have a read through of the famous £9 million leaflet, 
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk

Yep, no mention of these MASSIVE stumbling blocks to Brexit, and more importantly , no mention of a deal or exit agreement needing to be ratified by Parliament, and certainly no mention of asking Brussels if we are allowed to leave.

Theres a good reason for this, its because these problems have been PLACED there to frustrate the process, by Brussels and with some collusion from our own government.
Its a dirty stinking cess pit of dishonesty, corruption and bully boy tactics, that need a good firm put down.
Latest is if we delay, we need to pay even more divorce money, we havnt agreed the first lot yet !
Oh and we need continued access to your fishing grounds, you might as well slap the UKs fisherman round the head with a month old mackerel.

Absolutely spot on, I don't see how anyone can disagree with what you've written there, regardless of whether your a leave or remain supporter, anyone who believes in democracy needs to support the referendum result and the UK needs to truly leave, not this hard and soft nonsense.

13 hours ago, oowee said:

No I have no proof but we know some of the things we will need with no deal. The longer we have to prepare the easier it will be. I have not heard any economist say that a cliff edge no deal will do anything for the UK economy.

Exporters and importers will have to administer WTO tariffs this has a cost.

We will need hundreds of new staff in DEFRA, DiT and customs and we are recruiting already. In the two year transition companies will establish satellites en masse  this has started.

Even if we sort our side of the ports out we will depend on the French and others to do there bit otherwise we face production issues. One of the car companies has in anticipation already agreed a closure at transition. 

The list goes on.

I accept that some have a view that post Brexit after the initial costs that we may be better off. I hope they are right. 

Personally I think there will be a great pension benefit for those building pension in the UK with a European passport 😉 It will not be so easy when I want to sail around the med as each country i visit i will have to clear customs, but that's a minor inconvenience 🙂

A minor inconvenience, compared with being a citizen of an independent FREE SOVEREIGN nation!

Think your wrong bazooka joe politics in NI has every thing to do with it  that’s why there’s been a sectarian conflict going on over here near a 100 years 1st as I said half the population class themselves as Irish citizens 2nd NI  has a border with Irish republic u cannot compare Scotland to NI And yes NI is still part of the union Same as Scotland and Wales Majority voted to leave in the Uk Majority voted to remain in Northern Ireland That’s why certain politicians want special status for NI As for London it’s not a country like NI SO you can’t compare it to NI  so as I said we will just have to deal with it Complaining about the Tories who the English people who put them in power doesn’t make sense either Like the Americans complaining about trump and they were the ones who voted him in Brexit happening wither you agree or disagree 

2 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Think your wrong bazooka joe politics in NI has every thing to do with it  that’s why there’s been a sectarian conflict going on over here near a 100 years 1st as I said half the population class themselves as Irish citizens 2nd NI  has a border with Irish republic u cannot compare Scotland to NI And yes NI is still part of the union Same as Scotland and Wales Majority voted to leave in the Uk Majority voted to remain in Northern Ireland That’s why certain politicians want special status for NI As for London it’s not a country like NI SO you can’t compare it to NI  so as I said we will just have to deal with it Complaining about the Tories who the English people who put them in power doesn’t make sense either Like the Americans complaining about trump and they were the ones who voted him in Brexit happening wither you agree or disagree 

To hold the whole process to ransom over NI is a diabolical kick in the teeth for everyone who voted, whether leave OR remain.
It makes a mockery of the democratic system this country enjoys, and stinks of corruption.

If there is any issue about the voting percentages in any devolved UK country, we can deal with it after we have extracted ourselves from the EU .
I NI wants out the union, put forward the groundwork for an indy ref.
But Brexit first !

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

You still don't get it, it matters not how any of the individual countries/areas/constituencies voted!

The UK voted as a whole! 

Spot on, unless the people of NI vote in a referendum to rejoin Ireland, they have voted in the EU referendum as part of the United Kingdom (hence why we don't call it Great Britain anymore), NI predominantly wanting to remain in the EU is of no more significance than any other individual area of the UK.

Of course I get it Majority wins we all know that my point being NI not like rest Uk regards politics and geography of being connected to the Irish Republic I Think yous are the ones who don’t get it yous created a Frankenstein in the tories who told all the voters vote leave and Now look what’s happening So just deal with it

14 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

That is very sobering reading, Theresa May is an idiot.

She is an idiot who wishes us to remain?

Incidentally, watching the recent TV program about the diplomatic mob I was personally not impressed.

Glib, syrupy and swimming in Teflon, no wonder we can't escape this political mire. Not in their interest to do so?

1 minute ago, Gerry78 said:

Of course I get it Majority wins we all know that my point being NI not like rest Uk regards politics and geography of being connected to the Irish Republic I Think yous are the ones who don’t get it yous created a Frankenstein in the tories who told all the voters vote leave and Now look what’s happening So just deal with it

Just as Wales and Scotland has its own unique political idiosyncrasies, it matters not, the referendum was for the UK as a whole, which for the moment, includes NI.

3 minutes ago, old man said:

She is an idiot who wishes us to remain?

Incidentally, watching the recent TV program about the diplomatic mob I was personally not impressed.

Glib, syrupy and swimming in Teflon, no wonder we can't escape this political mire. Not in their interest to do so?

Spot on mate.

5 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

I Think yous are the ones who don’t get it yous created a Frankenstein in the tories who told all the voters vote leave 

I get it, as you can quite clearly see from my last few posts. We voted as a whole!

And as for the Conservatives telling everyone to vote Leave, that is just simply not true, David Cameron as leader of the Conservatives urged everyone to voted remain, and I believe this was the official stance of the Conservative Party.

Edited by Newbie to this

Rewulf no one is holding anyone ransom over NI do you forget that the tories needed The DUP vote for power promised them everything then went back on there word 12 gauge they won’t call a refurendum on rejoining Ireland some politicians over here are calling for a border vote others don’t want it That’s the political religious politics of NI 

All debates a side Old Man I agree Theresa may is a idiot well said 👍👍 

40 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Think your wrong bazooka joe politics in NI has every thing to do with it  that’s why there’s been a sectarian conflict going on over here near a 100 years 1st as I said half the population class themselves as Irish citizens 

Nope you still don't get it, & it doesn't matter what part of the poulation consider themselves either, (no disrespect, I'm half Irish by the way), + the sectarian conflict was on the go a long time before Brexit, I cannot remember it being included in  any of the terms, can you.?

NI voted as part of the Union....period. 

48 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Rewulf no one is holding anyone ransom over NI do you forget that the tories needed The DUP vote for power promised them everything then went back on there word 12 gauge they won’t call a refurendum on rejoining Ireland some politicians over here are calling for a border vote others don’t want it That’s the political religious politics of NI 

All debates a side Old Man I agree Theresa may is a idiot well said 👍👍 

So you dont think the EU is using the NI border issue to make us rethink the whole Brexit issue ?
If you think that, theres no point continuing with this line of conversation.

Im sure theres plenty of people both sides of the border, who arent happy with the result.
Theres plenty of people in the whole of the UK who arent happy, but thats the way it goes, you want to split off from the UK over it, maybe turn Ulster into a battleground again ?
If you dont want independence, then you just have to suck it up and stay in the UK and accept majority decisions.

The DUP becoming part of the government was due to May losing her majority because she and her cabinet thought they knew better, they got it wrong, and shes got it wrong with this stupid deal of hers too.

I understand the fragility of things in NI , but staying or leaving the EU has got nothing to do with the peace process, kicking democracy down the street has.

2 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Newbie I agree we just have to get on with it mate and your right NI is part of the uk but my point is half people in NI class themselves as Irish so there lies the problem Majority voted to stay in NI with EU 

3F13DE6C-1085-4778-8644-46355671D775.jpeg

There are a lot of Irish living on the mainland who probably voted in the main to remain as well

Illegal immigrants are now referred to as migrants .During the last few days several boat loads of Iranian ' migrants ' have arrived/ been rescued on the south coast .Stolen boats have been used but I'm sure these poor souls will not suffer the full force of the law .Control our borders after Brexit you must be having a laugh? Once in there is little chance of sending them back as the have the get out of jail card called 'human rights'.You can lie about your age ,race ,sexual orientation and just about anything else and still get away with it.

2 minutes ago, Tollerman said:

Illegal immigrants are now referred to as migrants .During the last few days several boat loads of Iranian ' migrants ' have arrived/ been rescued on the south coast .Stolen boats have been used but I'm sure these poor souls will not suffer the full force of the law .Control our borders after Brexit you must be having a laugh? Once in there is little chance of sending them back as the have the get out of jail card called 'human rights'.You can lie about your age ,race ,sexual orientation and just about anything else and still get away with it.

The fact they have committed a number of crimes to get into the country in the first place should make them an undesirable addition to this country.
Theft of boats, damage to lorries, threats of violence to name a few.
Then lying about age and nationality, criminal record.
We seem to turn a blind eye to all of this, besides the fact their asylum claims are null and void anyway, due to them originating from France, a 'safe' country.

This ones a cracker !

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1042577/ipswich-school-Stoke-High-School-30-year-old-pupil-home-office

Who, what , where and how , can someone think a 30 year old bloke , could be a secondary school pupil ?
Or were they just to scared to say anything , due to his race ?

Yep bazooka NI is part of the union and voted to stay u said it Rewulf point is there’s a lot of people in NI want independence from uk but until there’s a border vote that won’t happen I’ve excepted brexit The people who voted tories and voted to leave need to except it as they put the tories in power We all knew brexit was on the horizon Had my say sure brexit debate will continue