Brexit - merged threads

scouser

What we should have when this all started up was to return them immediately to France.Once we allowed the first lot in the word got back back home "jump on a lorry and your in ".Now we are talking hundred of thousands of people from Africa ,Asia and the Middle East all wanting to come to Europe and many having the eyes on our very generous benefits system.Most want to go to London and given that native Londoners find it almost impossible to find housing why are we giving the little public housing available to the newly arrived migrants ?Common sense has gone out of the window to be replaced by the politics of let's not upset minority groups or we won't get their vote.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Rewulf no one is holding anyone ransom over NI do you forget that the tories needed The DUP vote for power promised them everything then went back on there word 12 gauge they won’t call a refurendum on rejoining Ireland some politicians over here are calling for a border vote others don’t want it That’s the political religious politics of NI 

All debates a side Old Man I agree Theresa may is a idiot well said 👍👍 

Following a careful re read of Stonepark's post I feel that traitorously delusional can be added the my opinion.

I bet she needs a double Horlicks to sleep at night, oops sorry our politicians seem to be asleep all of the time, unlike Junket, Barmier and mates.

Edited by old man

3 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Yes, something which they should never of had the right to do.

I'm not sure they did have the right to with regard to voting in the referendum but "an administrative error" meant that hundreds of thousands ( some say over a million) of EU nationals were issued with polling cards and were allowed to vote. Many of the Hungarians I know definitely voted.

The Eastern Europeans are always very keen to go on the electoral register as soon as they get here. Not because they are particularly interested in voting but because you need to be on the electoral register to open a bank account, get any form of credit or claim benefits. Its the first place any credit agency checks.  The downside is it enables them to vote

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

I'm not sure they did have the right to with regard to voting in the referendum but "an administrative error" meant that hundreds of thousands ( some say over a million) of EU nationals were issued with polling cards and were allowed to vote. Many of the Hungarians I know definitely voted.

The Eastern Europeans are always very keen to go on the electoral register as soon as they get here. Not because they are particularly interested in voting but because you need to be on the electoral register to open a bank account, get any form of credit or claim benefits. Its the first place any credit agency checks.  The downside is it enables them to vote

They definitely could as well as others from commonwealth countries.

And 100% none of them should have been voting. But for some reason they were allowed to.

https://fullfact.org/europe/who-can-vote-eu-referendum/

I've heard that some other EU citizens had voted, but have not heard it first hand. But I know Irish that voted.

8 hours ago, Rewulf said:

You could say that the majority of London voted to stay, do they want independence too ?
Being as a very high percentage of Londoners were not born in this country, maybe thats not so far fetched.

But its irrelevant , it was a majority vote , with clear implications, its no good saying Scotland wanted to stay or NI wanted to stay, so they should, we have had Scottish and NI MPs voting in Westminster for years, you dont see people crying about that do you ?

Theres also a lot of talk about how leave didnt see these issues coming, borders, divorce payments ?
Well , funnily enough, neither did remain, or the government, or Mr 'I get it wrong most of the time' Carney.
Have a read through of the famous £9 million leaflet, 
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk

Yep, no mention of these MASSIVE stumbling blocks to Brexit, and more importantly , no mention of a deal or exit agreement needing to be ratified by Parliament, and certainly no mention of asking Brussels if we are allowed to leave.

Theres a good reason for this, its because these problems have been PLACED there to frustrate the process, by Brussels and with some collusion from our own government.
Its a dirty stinking cess pit of dishonesty, corruption and bully boy tactics, that need a good firm put down.
Latest is if we delay, we need to pay even more divorce money, we havnt agreed the first lot yet !
Oh and we need continued access to your fishing grounds, you might as well slap the UKs fisherman round the head with a month old mackerel.

Iv'e met some t**** in my years, but few like the corrupt one's in Brussels. It s obvious that from the referendum that the warts at EU were going to do their damdest to keep us in for no other reason than our assets. Just a crying shame that nobody in power has the b***** to to thell them to stuff it.✌️

33 minutes ago, das said:

Iv'e met some t**** in my years, but few like the corrupt one's in Brussels. It s obvious that from the referendum that the warts at EU were going to do their damdest to keep us in for no other reason than our assets. Just a crying shame that nobody in power has the b***** to to thell them to stuff it.✌️

Anybody who has been through a major divorce will have had a sense of de-ja vu during the Brexit negotiations. The arrogance, the obstructive tactics, the unreasonable demands,  will all seem eerily familiar.

It takes me back in another way to the 1970s when the unions held the upper hand over the major industries. Little union officials that were really total nobodies suddenly found themselves in positions of immense power. Overnight they became like Barnier, Junker and Co, preening Sociopaths, willing to wreck the industries and sacrifice the members they supposedly represented to demonstrate the extent of their Egos.

Edited by Vince Green

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

They were not allowed to vote. 

Here is the quote from Vince who has put succinctly what I witnessed at the poll

"I'm not sure they did have the right to with regard to voting in the referendum but "an administrative error" meant that hundreds of thousands ( some say over a million) of EU nationals were issued with polling cards and were allowed to vote." 

2 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Here is the quote from Vince who has put succinctly what I witnessed at the poll

"I'm not sure they did have the right to with regard to voting in the referendum but "an administrative error" meant that hundreds of thousands ( some say over a million) of EU nationals were issued with polling cards and were allowed to vote." 

I read that. My friends here in Bath and Bristol were not allowed to. Not only did they not get a card but were turned away. 

Look. we all know they did, its documented beyond reasonable doubt. I am sharing a flat at the moment with two Hungarian nationals who voted (My mother's live in carer and her husband). I actually saw their cards. They arrived with mine and my mother's,  plus she confirms all her Hungarian friends rallied to vote remain. Many of them having to be told how to vote and what to do because they had no idea how to. Was similar stuff going round on the Polish, Lithuanian etc ex-pat sites?. I think it was

So lets cut the silliness and denials it ever happened. Instead, lets wonder, was it an accidental error or was it a door left deliberately open  because 1.2 million remain votes would be very useful to David Cameron when things were getting tight. Lets face it, no EU migrant was ever going to vote leave were they? 

Edited by Vince Green

4 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

So lets cut the silliness and denials it ever happened.

It happens in ALL elections; in the General Election, many students were encouraged to vote both at their home, and at their University locations - one by post, the other in person.  They were instructed how to do it and how not to get caught by the left wing student organisations.  For all I know other parties did it as well, but this was the one that was reported and many students 'boasted' on social media how they had voted twice "for the many".  I have read it also happens a lot in Asian and Middle Eastern communities (in the UK).

10 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It happens in ALL elections; in the General Election, many students were encouraged to vote both at their home, and at their University locations - one by post, the other in person.  They were instructed how to do it and how not to get caught by the left wing student organisations.  For all I know other parties did it as well, but this was the one that was reported and many students 'boasted' on social media how they had voted twice "for the many".  I have read it also happens a lot in Asian and Middle Eastern communities (in the UK).

I know you are right. Maggie was slaughtered for the poll tax because every name on the electoral register had to be paid for. Labour went ballistic and orchestrated the biggest riots ever seen in protest. (Jeremy Corbyn at the helm as history would have it!) but why was labour so opposed to regulating the electoral register? You have to wonder but it doesn't take long to see the answer, it was rigged and it still is.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

I read that. My friends here in Bath and Bristol were not allowed to. Not only did they not get a card but were turned away. 

This is true - I worked on the admin side in Bristol on referendum day and loads of people were refused entry at all of the polling stations and were getting quite angry and frustrated in the process. It wasn’t just European nationals turned away but also entire families from countries further afield e.g India.