Brexit - merged threads

scouser

2 hours ago, Cheesefiend said:

This is true - I worked on the admin side in Bristol on referendum day and loads of people were refused entry at all of the polling stations and were getting quite angry and frustrated in the process. It wasn’t just European nationals turned away but also entire families from countries further afield e.g India.

We were having the discussion before hand if voting was allowed. It's not for the generals but is for the locals. The only way to be sure was to pop along and ask. 

Did anyone see any Russians voting? 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, oowee said:

We were having the discussion before hand if voting was allowed. It's not for the generals but is for the locals. The only way to be sure was to pop along and ask. 

Did anyone see any Russians voting? 

I know you disagree with brexit, but you deny anything that doesn't fit your narrative, I fully accept some dodgy stuff went on with the leave campaign, although it almost certainly pales into insignificance compared to the remain campaign, I'm sure the Russians did start a social media campaign to try and sway the vote, but I expect it had very little effect, most that voted for brexit had probably been waiting years to have a democratic vote on the matter, can you not accept that there was likely large election fraud, with people who shouldn't have been voting, turning up and voting remain?

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I know you disagree with brexit, but you deny anything that doesn't fit your narrative, I fully accept some dodgy stuff went on with the leave campaign, although it almost certainly pales into insignificance compared to the remain campaign, I'm sure the Russians did start a social media campaign to try and sway the vote, but I expect it had very little effect, most that voted for brexit had probably been waiting years to have a democratic vote on the matter, can you not accept that there was likely large election fraud, with people who shouldn't have been voting, turning up and voting remain?

The russian comment was a bit tounge in cheek :)i have no evidence for it. What i do know for fact is that my EU friends were turned away. It may have been different elsewhere but if that was the case i am sure there would be an Electoral Commision invrstigation. If there has been or is one i missed it. If you have seen it please let me know. 

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

The russian comment was a bit tounge in cheek :)i have no evidence for it. What i do know for fact is that my EU friends were turned away. It may have been different elsewhere but if that was the case i am sure there would be an Electoral Commision invrstigation. If there has been or is one i missed it. If you have seen it please let me know. 

Whilst your comment was tongue in cheek, the electoral commission did  investigate Leave for Russian interference .
And , when they couldnt find anything solid, passed it on to the police.
Strange that.
So do we trust the electoral commission, largely made up of pro EU peers and labour sycophants to conduct an unbiased investigation into the matter of unqualified voting ?
 I think not 😄

Edited by Rewulf
typo

26 minutes ago, oowee said:

Fair enough, I think it is well known that particularly postal votes are often misused in all elections, not just the referendum, luckily, it was such a large vote, I doubt it made that much difference to the overall vote.

I think Rewulf is right regarding the impartiality of the electoral commission.

Brexi no-deal impact assessment to be released by Bank of England next week.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-no-deal-impact-report-assessment-bank-england-release-treasury-mark-carney-a8642626.html

Well, I wonder how that will read? :rolleyes: Welcome back Project Fear.

Theresa May's Brexit deal could keep Britain tied to EU rules until after next general election

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-deal-theresa-may-michel-barnier-eu-rules-general-election-2022-a8640861.html

So, keep us tied to the EU with a BINO and then reverse the decision at a later election?

I really fail to see why the Canada+ deal was rejected. I haven't read a lot about it but it seems to have been a pretty solid solution to the entire matter. A free trade deal and we would be out of the EU. Far better than this pathetic deal May wants.

4 minutes ago, Danger-Mouse said:

Well, I wonder how that will read? Welcome back Project Fear.

Ill get in first , tidal waves, earthquakes confined to boroughs that voted to leave only.
The wrath of god visited upon anyone who ever voted UKIP.

Economic collapse with the resultant sullen looks off all our children, for 'ruining their futures'
Plague of frogs.
A Corbyn government 😨
The EU and most of the population of Europe never mentioning us by name ever again, referring to us as 'The cursed ones'
Locust infestation.
Price of beer going up !
Blair returns to politics to 'sort us out' 
WW3
The end of western civilisation as we know it.
Carney quits, taking a £100 million golden handshake, and retires to an irradiated island off the coast of Canada.

Should cover it I think 😋

13 minutes ago, Danger-Mouse said:

I really fail to see why the Canada+ deal was rejected.

It could have been used as an interim surely ?
But youll find in the whole matter, the common sense approach has been completely ignored.
Its not like we have to even guess why ..

20 minutes ago, martyn2233 said:

Doesnt he have to be an MP before he can be PM ? 😄

Anybody who thinks 'call me Dave' is in some way better suited than May is barmy !

They are both equally useless.

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

He is the tw..t that got us onto this carp to begin with. He should be charged with treason. I would revoke his passport and send him to live in the Falklands. 

Easy fella, those poor Falklanders already have the Argies to deal with, you can;t inflict that **** on them too.

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

He should be charged with treason.

Yes , right after they charge Blair with war crimes, like thats ever going to happen.

1 minute ago, oowee said:

:lol: Your right, how about the one next door Ascension. 

I think you mean S.Georgia, the seals will love him !

1 hour ago, oowee said:

He is the tw..t that got us onto this carp to begin with. He should be charged with treason.

Couldn't agree more, He should have taken us out the day the vote came in. Then started negotiations. 

Only the spineless remoaner decided to sulk, and came up with the first attepmt to try and undermine the democratic will of the people. Resign and let another remainer plot against democracy! 

Edited by Newbie to this

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

If they charge Teresa May - will she operate faster and more energetically?

(Think charge battery :yes:)

She is my heroine at the moment. I can't see anyone else doing that job for more than a week. When she gets the shove she should be made a saint. Of all the PM's she has had the worst time of it, everything has landed at her door.

Looks like Moggy has failed to get his numbers.

When is the vote on the deal? They need to SORT Something. I go away at the end of April 🙂 and want to make sure I can get back in. I have a farm project on with what was DECC now Business Energy and Industrial Strategy where I am waiting for a hearing date to be set. Nothing has happened for weeks despite deadline dates as everyone in the dept is on the Brexit job. 

20 minutes ago, oowee said:

Of all the PM's she has had the worst time of it, everything has landed at her door.

Yes, she did have a bad hand passed to her .........but she did choose to do the job.  She hasn't done well with it (in my opinion).  Whether anyone else would have done better is of course conjectural.  And she has been very obstinate (as I think Ken Clarke predicted) .......... but in the wrong areas and with the wrong people ....... and calling the election proved to be a bad decision ........ and the manifesto on which she decided to fight it near sheer stupidity!  I don't think she chooses her advisers wisely.  I think that had Thatcher been given that set of circumstances, she would have handled it a lot better.

All Parliament are doing is re-running the pre referendum debates and Project Fear scare mongering Carney's analysis of a no deal Brexit *** do me a favour hope it's more accurate than his last prediction for the day after a Leave Vote, note to both Houses you both gave the vote to us and we have already had it your job was just to deliver it WTO would have been fine and was what was expected.  The one thing that Brexit has shown in absolute spades is that probably 95 % of both Houses, High Court Judges, The BOE execs, The Civil service, the Electoral Commision etc etc have absolute contempt and hatred for the indigenous population.  The fact they get paid so much of Taxpayers money for being so Treasonous and to by and large do FA but betray us and talk carp for a living is absolutely sickening, I hope a huge Political / Establishment reckoning kicks off when the final betrayal is in this country so badly needs it.  The only people to come out of this with any respect in my book are Arelene Foster and the DUP, at least they deliver what it says on the tin and have principles and morals.  For the rest of them so called Brexiteers included it's just one big game of charades end goal total betrayal. 

Edited by JRDS

14 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Yes, she did have a bad hand passed to her .........but she did choose to do the job.  She hasn't done well with it (in my opinion).  Whether anyone else would have done better is of course conjectural.  And she has been very obstinate (as I think Ken Clarke predicted) .......... but in the wrong areas and with the wrong people ....... and calling the election proved to be a bad decision ........ and the manifesto on which she decided to fight it near sheer stupidity!  I don't think she chooses her advisers wisely.  I think that had Thatcher been given that set of circumstances, she would have handled it a lot better. 

I honestly think she deliberately tried to lose the GE to give the job to Corbyn, they must have sat down to think long and hard to deliberately write such an inflammatory manifesto against their own core voters with such a huge lead in the Polls and at such a critical time.  Every other manifesto just tells you what you want to hear to get your vote only for it to go in the bin the day after.  This was the opposite.

Edited by JRDS

Just now, JRDS said:

I honestly think she deliberately tried to lose the GE to give the job to Corbyn, they must have sat down deliberately to write such an inflammatory manifesto with such a huge lead in the Polls and at such a critical time.

She had those two advisers who were not Tory party or elected - but (relatively junior) civil servants who she brought with her from the Home Office I believe.  They (if the press are to be believed) alienated most of the normal Downing Street staff and seemed to almost control her themselves.  It is not clear how they seemed to have so much influence, but what is crystal clear is that it was a bad advice. 

I think her biggest problem is that she makes poor decisions (based I suspect on poor advice) .......... then can't or won't listen to reason.