Brexit - merged threads

scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’ve read these posts and although I don’t pretend to be a expert on brexit as I’ve had my say on posting on Northern Ireland I believe some people on this forum need take there heads out of the sand Certain people  blaming foreign nationals who lived in the UK on voting to leave and actually blaming the EU itself naming certain countries Lads people yous need to blame the people who sit in the Houses of Parliament your own Government who the people in your country voted into power There the ones who told the population lies now there panicking with the deal UK will probably get 

1 minute ago, Gerry78 said:

I’ve read these posts and although I don’t pretend to be a expert on brexit as I’ve had my say on posting on Northern Ireland I believe some people on this forum need take there heads out of the sand Certain people  blaming foreign nationals who lived in the UK on voting to leave and actually blaming the EU itself naming certain countries Lads people yous need to blame the people who sit in the Houses of Parliament your own Government who the people in your country voted into power There the ones who told the population lies now there panicking with the deal UK will probably get 

I agree, I think most who support Brexit do blame our politicians, they have subverted democracy and are clearly not going to deliver Brexit and never were, there really is no one else to blame.

I agree, I think most who support Brexit do blame our politicians, they have subverted democracy and are clearly not going to deliver Brexit and never were, there really is no one else to blame.

Be it on their heads, 17+million votes at election time is a lot of votes, & in walks Corbyn.

9 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Be it on their heads, 17+million votes at election time is a lot of votes, & in walks Corbyn.

What’s it they say “a day in Politics is a lifetime” so four years is an eternity for voters to adjust/ forget.

JC might not even be here in four years?

12 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

What’s it they say “a day in Politics is a lifetime” so four years is an eternity for voters to adjust/ forget.

JC might not even be here in four years?

Tell that to parts of North England or the South Wales valleys, they still haven't forgotten Thatcher and I doubt you'll see the conservatives elected in those areas for generations.

If May doesn't deliver Brexit, I won't be voting conservatives again.

With the choice of the current crop of incompetent Tories, who obviously don't believe in democracy and despise the poor and working class, the Liberal Democrats as a non entity and Corbins lot of looneis who are the glove puppets of the hard left Militant Tendency/Momentum, who would drive the country into chaos and further decline!............when it comes to a general election........I feel the door is open for an alternative political party to step in by default!......if Farage had stuck around and UKIP was the party it was when he was leader......for good or bad they would probably be in the pound seats now!

44 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

With the choice of the current crop of incompetent Tories, who obviously don't believe in democracy and despise the poor and working class, the Liberal Democrats as a non entity and Corbins lot of looneis who are the glove puppets of the hard left Militant Tendency/Momentum, who would drive the country into chaos and further decline!............when it comes to a general election........I feel the door is open for an alternative political party to step in by default!......if Farage had stuck around and UKIP was the party it was when he was leader......for good or bad they would probably be in the pound seats now!

Agreed

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Tell that to parts of North England or the South Wales valleys, they still haven't forgotten Thatcher and I doubt you'll see the conservatives elected in those areas for generations.

If May doesn't deliver Brexit, I won't be voting conservatives again.

Labour closed a lot more pits in South Wales than were ever closed under Maggie. But Maggie has always been the bogeyman and they still blame her for everything. In part that is because the truth has been constantly manipulated to that end. Its like a mantra

Kids will tell you there are no jobs because Maggie closed the pits but they actually don't really know who Maggie was or the history. They also can't explain how come all the dustmen and a lot of the shop assistants are Eastern European if there really are no jobs.  

55 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

The trouble was that Farage was a class act but a lot of the others were too lightweight to run a chip shop

11 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

As I've mentioned before my Mam's side of the family are SW Valleys working class people, they all voted leave, when the next election comes round they will be voting Labour, always have probably always will.  The Brexit situation will be irrelevant to who they vote for.

Cheers

Aled

28 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Labour closed a lot more pits in South Wales than were ever closed under Maggie. But Maggie has always been the bogeyman and they still blame her for everything. In part that is because the truth has been constantly manipulated to that end. Its like a mantra

Kids will tell you there are no jobs because Maggie closed the pits but they actually don't really know who Maggie was or the history. They also can't explain how come all the dustmen and a lot of the shop assistants are Eastern European if there really are no jobs.  

The trouble was that Farage was a class act but a lot of the others were too lightweight to run a chip shop

Not disagreeing with that, my point was people don't always forget and I certainly won't, if the conservatives don't deliver Brexit as was voted for, I would rather have the monster raving looney party in charge than them and I know lots of people feel the same, it could be the end of the conservatives.

30 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

But Maggie has always been the bogeyman and they still blame her for everything.

That is true, but the reality is that the high inflationary and low productivity periods that meant British industry was uncompetitive - caused mainly by (union controlled) Labour were responsible for the majority of the job losses, even if some of them occurred later as the root cause problems were tackled.

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I see hes fell out with Batten now over his Tommy Robinson dalliance.

Quite right too in my opinion.
Although Ive nothing against Robinson, if you want UKIP to be taken seriously , they need to change their face, and get rid of any racist undertones.
My personal opinion is its too late now, IF they are needed in future , they need tearing down and starting again, new name , new faces, with Farage in nothing more than an advisory capacity.

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

My personal opinion is its too late now, IF they are needed in future , they need tearing down and starting again, new name , new faces, with Farage in nothing more than an advisory capacity.

I would agree - expect for one thing: Farage.  He simply isn't the sort of person to operate in an advisory role.  He is a 'personality' and operates as a 'one man band'.  he never does seem to have been able to build a team around himself, and that will always hold the (UKIP or any replacement) party where he is involved to a small minority.

The electorate needs to see a party capable of forming a working and efficient government.  That means at least a cabinet full of competent and (theoretically) united people.  A good half a dozen should share the load of press intervierws, TV interviews, Question Time appearances etc.  If your party cannot do that you are unelectable.  And that is where UKIP have always been.

I like Farage and agree with much of what he says, but he has singularly failed to build a party, build a potential government team - and as a consequence they have not won a single seat.  Until they have a decent party tht could be elected - it will always be a vote wasted.

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Whilst I am not a Tommy Robinson supporter - who is the more racist? Tommy Robinson or Jeremy Corbyn. It's a close run thing in my book.

Good point

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Whilst I am not a Tommy Robinson supporter - who is the more racist? Tommy Robinson or Jeremy Corbyn. It's a close run thing in my book.

Quite right too.
I wasnt saying Mr Robinson was necessarily racist, he has a very valid argument.
But theres many a person who associate him with the EDL and racism.
This taints UKIPs mainstream attraction.
I just think it was a bad idea of Battens, and a large proportion of UKIP members think the same.

3 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Well summed up.

+1

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

That is true, but the reality is that the high inflationary and low productivity periods that meant British industry was uncompetitive - caused mainly by (union controlled) Labour were responsible for the majority of the job losses, even if some of them occurred later as the root cause problems were tackled.

The two major reasons for pit closures in South Wales were first and foremost, a fall off in demand. Welsh coal was the best in the world but most of it went to fuel steam locomotives and steam ships. It was known as Welsh steam coal but once steam power declined the demand went right down the pits closed.

Secondly the Unions had completely blocked all attempts to modernise or change working practices. Apart from a couple of pits that were upgraded most miners were still working in the same way that their grandfathers worked.

The use of coal might have gone on a lot longer were it not for the likes of Scargill making it a liability to bring down governments.

Its my opinion that Britain would have remained a more competitive manufacturer if unions had not been so heck bent on destroying industry on the back of incessant wage increasing, causing them to take productivity to more affordable countries that had lower staffing costs and more willing compliant workforce.

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

In the U.K. A general election is now more about people voting for the candidates standing against those they don't want elected.......rather than for the candidate they do!............which, with what's currently on offer, is a bit like asking, how would you prefer to die?.....Run over by a bus, train or lorry?.... we all know, the end result will be the same, and in the final analysis......it's us that will get shafted!

Corbin, May, Cable or Farage? Who would you vote for?

8 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

In the U.K. A general election is now more about people voting for the candidates standing against those they don't want elected.......rather than for the candidate they do!............which, with what's currently on offer, is a bit like asking, how would you prefer to die?.....Run over by a bus, train or lorry?.... we all know, the end result will be the same, and in the final analysis......it's us that will get shafted!

Corbin, May, Cable or Farage? Who would you vote for?

The now infamous "None of the above."

42 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I see hes fell out with Batten now over his Tommy Robinson dalliance.

Quite right too in my opinion.
Although Ive nothing against Robinson, if you want UKIP to be taken seriously , they need to change their face, and get rid of any racist undertones.

I agree, UKIP shot themselves in the foot as soon as they left the narrow confines of highlighting the faults in the EU and strayed into immigration and, even worse, anti Muslim rants! 

A couple of seriously poor leaders followed on from Farage who seemed to have racist rather than political agendas