Brexit - merged threads

scouser

11 hours ago, oowee said:

Net migration (non EU) is at record levels. Eu workers being replaced by those from the third world. Sounds like a good deal? 

Lets get out of the commonwealth. 

Why would we want to walk away from such an important market. There is a deal to be done we just have to find it. 

I'm not entirely sure they ever knew the true figures for migration from the EU because so many migrants don't go through formally documented channels.  They can just drive in and work cash in hand then take the money they have saved up and go home again. Leaving no record they have ever been here

What's more, I know they are confident they will be able to continue to do it after Brexit

Edited by Vince Green

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What did I miss?:whistling:

"To my surprise, none of the organised Remain campaigns have tried to piggyback on the association or make capital out of the fact that every leading Brexiteer can now perfectly fairly be described as having opposed measures to remove assault rifles from our streets, but it can only be a matter of time."

Or what did the supposed journalist miss?

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

12 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Apparently something good has come out if Brexit !!!

They're not going to ban 'assault' rifles in the UK now 🙄 

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/11/something-crazy-happened-parliament-last-night-and-no-one-talking-about-it

I've ordering mine soon , any recommendations 😂

That entire article is a complete lie!

13 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

What did I miss?

I think a journo from the Statesman had a weird dream/trip  and thought it was real, so write a piece that has very little basis in reality 😂

10 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

That entire article is a complete lie!

I can see some antis writing articles and letters now , based in this piece.

It's absolutely mental !

Perhaps we should add to the fun, post Brexit changes to legislation will force everyone over the age of 18 to have access to serious weaponry and to be proficient with it. They will also have to purchase iced cream for anyone under 10 who demands it and on Fridays everyone will have to hope everywhere on their right foot, no exceptions!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Syntax!

I read Tusk has warned the UK it's either "the deal" or no Brexit! Does the stupid, arrogant ******* not grasp that the EU interfering in UK sovereignty issues, is a major reason why we voted for Brexit in the first place! If I were May I would tell the weasel to keep his neb out of our business!........... But then again, May probably asked him to say it..........in order to add the EU's weight to project fear 2?

13 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

It’s a worry that it was even mentioned.........

Maybe , trouble is it's legal in some European countries, and shown on American TV shows here. There are perhaps some people who believe it to be legal.

I watched some eastern European types chase a muntjac round my business premises yard with a xbow once , they killed it eventually and carried it off.

Called the police, took there reg, police never attended and never heard any more about it ?

I'm sure if they get licenced, all the crims will hand them in , same as their guns...

27 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

We can indeed use a bow in France

Rightly so, if thats what French people want to do.
Things are done differently over there, the government raises fuel duty slightly...

Image result for french fuel riots meme

In the UK , we get constant higher fuel costs, bans on guns, knives, and lately it seems we are going to ban democracy and go back to the feudal system ?
The British reaction ?

Image result for thats terrible meme

Yes - its well know that brits are generally too nice for their own good, maybe thats why .gov takes the mick so much.

Most Brits need to be well backed up against a wall before we get nasty like people do in many other countries. when something antagonises the general population.

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

There is an archery club near me that has a crossbow section. So being a member of a club would be good reason.

Not sure hunting would be though.

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

It’s a worry that it was even mentioned.........

It wasn't mentioned in a context that should worry you. :good:

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Presumably you could own a bow for hunting abroad? I know a few people in UK who bow hunt in Africa when they go. 

So I can own a handgun and semi auto centrefire for when I go shooting in France too ?

Even the Olympic squad dont get to do  that :hmm:

42 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Rightly so, if thats what French people want to do.
Things are done differently over there, the government raises fuel duty slightly...

Image result for french fuel riots meme

In the UK , we get constant higher fuel costs, bans on guns, knives, and lately it seems we are going to ban democracy and go back to the feudal system ?
The British reaction ?

Image result for thats terrible meme

I prefer the inglorious ******** reference to “bit of a pickle” to sum up an English reaction to events- ‘nice cuppa tea’ 

19 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

It wasn't mentioned in a context that should worry you. :good:

You did mention hunting though! Same as when I hear people saying they are going to use an air pistol to hunt!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

So I can own a handgun and semi auto centrefire for when I go shooting in France too ?

Even the Olympic squad dont get to do  that :hmm:

Nope, afraid not and even the U.K. practical shotgun boys get to play on the same terms as their European counterparts with their shorter barrels.

Anyway Rewulf, thought where you live they have them anyway? 

What would of course be possible, is that if certification came about and the weapon in question was legal in the U.K., it could be placed on an EFP to be used in an EU Country ( assuming its not a banned item- just like I retain pistols in France and yet a French issued EFP could have them listed, I couldn’t bring them over here, but with permission I could take the to say , Germany?) 

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Couldnt locate the correct meme :lol:

Had the chance to watch it again yesterday....

15 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

You did mention hunting though! Same as when I hear people saying they are going to use an air pistol to hunt!!!!!!

I don’t get your point, my post stated that being a member of an archery club would be a valid reason, but not sure hunting would be. So I was entirely correct.

I have absolutely no interest in archery so had no idea if it is legal to hunt with or not, hence the not sure bit.

But I was mainly saying that I doubt that it would be a valid reason to own one, so was leaning to the not legal side!

38 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Even the Olympic squad dont get to do  that 

I gather that but in this case we were talking about a licenced bow. So your reason for owning is that you hunt abroad and hold it for that purpose the same as someone holding a rifle for African game?

Edited by oowee