scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Anyway Rewulf, thought where you live they have them anyway? 

Shottingham ! Its reputation has waned in recent years, although we had a little resurgence lately.
They rarely hit anyone though with that sideways grip thing :lol:

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

I gather that but in this case we were talking about a licenced bow. So your reason for owning is that you hunt abroad and hold it for that purpose the same as someone holding a rifle for African game?

I was being a little harsh there perhaps, but you know roughly where I was coming from.
Its just another nail in the coffin of freedom, due to a few idiots and a government who literally cannot wait to disarm its citizens.

On 29/11/2018 at 18:09, oowee said:

Net migration (non EU) is at record levels. Eu workers being replaced by those from the third world. Sounds like a good deal? 

Third world countries?

The vast majority of non EEA migrants come under Tier 1 and 2 visas (highly skilled or skilled with work in place and/or sponsors) and the top countries of origin are India, Australia, The US, Philippines, New Zealand and China.

Also whilst it's fair to say non EEA migration is on the rise, it's nowhere near the record levels of the mid 2000's.

So to summarise your comment... Yes, it sounds like a very good deal.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Highest level since 2004 apparently. 

That may well be the case, but it doesn't make it a record as you originally claimed.

Personally speaking I'm far less interested in the numbers and far more concerned with the quality of people wishing to come to the UK.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Highest level since 2004 apparently. 

Contrary to the misinformation spread by remoaners, I don't think most who support brexit are opposed to immigration, what they are opposed to is uncontrollable, unskilled workers coming over and taking jobs and lowering the pay for British workers, so as others have said, it appears to be a positive step in the right direction.

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 15:43, Dave-G said:

Yes - its well know that brits are generally too nice for their own good, maybe thats why .gov takes the mick so much.

Most Brits need to be well backed up against a wall before we get nasty like people do in many other countries. when something antagonises the general population.

Like May's deal for example 😐

On 30/11/2018 at 15:23, Rewulf said:

Things are done differently over there, the government raises fuel duty slightly...

Diesel in France is currently £1.30 a litre - against about £1.35 here.

Petrol in France is currently £1.29 a litre - against about £1.31 here.

so they have nothing to complain about.

On 29/11/2018 at 18:40, Rewulf said:

There full of migrants at the moment , otherwise I might be up for a warmer clime rather than sat in this cold garage !

In all seriousness though, we are heading for an upheaval, either a no deal one , or a stay and go against the vote one, and the sad thing is , it really isnt our fault, although the EU claims , we are the ones ' messing every thing up'
Can you not see they dont want us to leave ?
And its not because they love us so much either, I believe a lot of the hierarchy within the EU have very little love and respect for the British at all.
Theyre happy to take our money , and sell us goods, dump the more undesirable elements upon our shores.
But it is our RIGHT  to leave the project , if we feel it is no longer in our interests.
They are making it difficult, so they can sabotage the process, and grind us down with their demands.
May is either complicit , or too weak to combat this aggressive attitude.
Many in the leave camp have finally got their head round leaving, plenty I know have been truly shocked at Brussels bullying tactics and changed camps.
We need to preserve our democracy, flouting it will bring repercussions to the political landscape and beyond , that will make the pain of Brexit seem slight in comparison.
Lets just go with no deal and negotiate from there, I reckon the EU will be more amenable that way.

Try ?  Do , or do not, there is no try ? said a small wise man once 😃

👍👍👍 Well said, I pray that someone with a large set of b***s will speak up , tell the EU 'we want out', get out  and stuff it.

5 hours ago, poontang said:

That may well be the case, but it doesn't make it a record as you originally claimed.

Personally speaking I'm far less interested in the numbers and far more concerned with the quality of people wishing to come to the UK.

? It's a record level since 2004 :lol:

5 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Contrary to the misinformation spread by remoaners, I don't think most who support brexit are opposed to immigration, what they are opposed to is uncontrollable, unskilled workers coming over and taking jobs and lowering the pay for British workers, so as others have said, it appears to be a positive step in the right direction.

Record levels (since 2004 🙂) of non EU migration is not good news in my book. Equal opportunity for migration from 3rd world countries must be a more costly solution to the UK's labour needs than drawing from the EU. The propensity for associated family migration and long term settlement must be far higher when compared to the same migration from the EU. I am all for filling the skill shortage with suitably qualified workers but the UK also has huge call for relatively low skilled workers across the board. 

13 minutes ago, oowee said:

? It's a record level since 2004 :lol:

Record levels (since 2004 🙂) of non EU migration is not good news in my book. Equal opportunity for migration from 3rd world countries must be a more costly solution to the UK's labour needs than drawing from the EU. The propensity for associated family migration and long term settlement must be far higher when compared to the same migration from the EU. I am all for filling the skill shortage with suitably qualified workers but the UK also has huge call for relatively low skilled workers across the board. 

Like I've said before, those who support brexit are often open to a broader world view than many who want to remain.

Like Poontang said, I think it's a positive step, it would appear we've taken people who will benefit the UK, regardless of where they are from, rather than being forced by the EU to take who they dictate, sometimes at the detriment of the average UK worker.

6 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Diesel in France is currently £1.30 a litre - against about £1.35 here.

Petrol in France is currently £1.29 a litre - against about £1.31 here.

so they have nothing to complain about.

Diesel 1.28 per l & petrol 1,25 per l by me.

Edited by sportsbob

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I'm seeing some worrying comments about WTO being in crisis at the moment. Could this be why some tories don't want a no deal leave?

With the **** poor current "deal" looking like it will never get through the debating stages of Parliament, only a "Hard Brexit- No Deal" is all that is left.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

With the **** poor current "deal" looking like it will never get through the debating stages of Parliament, only a "Hard Brexit- No Deal" is all that is left.

No it's not, they will extend article 51 and work to keep us in.

51 minutes ago, muncher said:

No it's not, they will extend article 51 and work to keep us in.

Then the world, who are looking on we see, what a bunch of corrupt, self serving, backsliding ******** British politicians truly are........and the illusion of the UK being a democracy will be exposed as a lie forever!

36 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Then the world, who are looking on we see, what a bunch of corrupt, self serving, backsliding ******** British politicians truly are........and the illusion of the UK being a democracy will be exposed as a lie forever!

In my mind,that or a referendum with the choice, except mays deal or stay in the E U.

Edited by muncher

13 hours ago, oowee said:

Record levels (since 2004 🙂) of non EU migration is not good news in my book. Equal opportunity for migration from 3rd world countries must be a more costly solution to the UK's labour needs than drawing from the EU. The propensity for associated family migration and long term settlement must be far higher when compared to the same migration from the EU.

Totally agree.

13 hours ago, oowee said:

? It's a record level since 2004 

Time perhaps to break the linkage between employment and settlement rights/citizenship, which leaving the EU will allow.  Do our people working overseas all gain the right of citizenship? Is Retsdon now a Saudi citizen? :lol:

The UK is getting full to bursting, we cannot sustain the present level of imigration on a physical level let alone it's effect on our culture and associated problems such as crime and social cohesion.