Brexit - merged threads

scouser

6 minutes ago, das said:

Good idea, I concur.

35 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I have an idea! If Mays "deal"  is accepted, we could then sell off the Palace of Westminster, sack all the MP's and disband the House of Lords.......after all, they will be obsolete! We will be ruled by the EU.........so why do we need two political houses with no purpose, no power and no relevance? Think of the saving to the public purse without these leeches hoovering up our money?

Or we could get rid of the Monarchy and become a republic. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once these ****holes in Brussels get hold of our £39 b's, I feel that Field Marshall Junkers and his army of blimps will just pocket this cash and do a runner with it,
leaving the EU in the same place as it would like to leave us.

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

Then we would be in the same ****hole as the rest of the European republics, governed by a Dictator and his toads.

Edited by das

4 minutes ago, das said:

Once these ****holes in Brussels get hold of our £39 b's, I feel that Field Marshall Junkers and his army of blimps will just pocket this cash and do a runner with it,
leaving the EU in the same place as it would like to leave us.

Then we would be in the same ****hole as the rest of the European republics, governed by a Dictator and his toads.

How can you say that? It will help us align with our old colonial friends the US.

Just now, oowee said:

How can you say that? It will help us align with our old colonial friends the US.

Well, they did a hell of a lot more to help us in two World Wars than our Euro friends did, especially France, whose tanks were manufactured with the guns facing backwards.

31 minutes ago, oowee said:

And cap the countries national wage to £100,000 pa max........everything over this could be used as a start to pay off the national debt, fund schools and the NHS....all that would probably be done within a month of the application of this cap!

1 hour ago, das said:

Well, they did a hell of a lot more to help us in two World Wars than our Euro friends did, especially France, whose tanks were manufactured with the guns facing backwards.

Having many French friends who’s grandparents fought then I don’t believe they would share your opinion. 

It was probably only the logistics of Britain being an Island that stopped the same fate? 

Its ironic that we celebrate VE Day and many harp on about our War casualties, yet we are once again harbouring a dislike of other Nations or a Unified set of Nations who give each other ‘stability’ 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Don't get me started on that. Where is the breakdown of the calculation? I can see the principles. It's also paid in Euro's so expect the bill to go up if we have a hard Brexit no deal scenario or down a bit depending on the finance requirements and commitments at the end 2020

Yep those ports will be handy for..........Well they will be handy any way as spares and should we need them for our enlarged fishing fleet.

Opening northern ports may help to off set some of the job moves out of the Uk. Thredneedle, Standard Life, lloyds, RBS, Legal and General, DLA Piper, Shadow Robot, Easy Jet, Ferrovial, Arch Capital, Tokio Marrine, Aviva, Nomura, Scisys................. etc. Still looking on the bright side it will cut down on the need for extra staff at the Inland Revenue.

I hear the decision on Article 50 will be announced by the EU on Monday. Could cause the rebellion to be a rout. 

The so called divorce payment has already been looked at and legally, we're not obligated to pay it, so under a hard brexit the country instantly saves £39 billion.

37 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Having many French friends who’s grandparents fought then I don’t believe they would share your opinion. 

It was probably only the logistics of Britain being an Island that stopped the same fate? 

Its ironic that we celebrate VE Day and many harp on about our War casualties, yet we are once again harbouring a dislike of other Nations or a Unified set of Nations who give each other ‘stability’ 

It's funny that, people do tend to "harp" on when they have lost loved ones fighting for freedom.

12 hours ago, das said:

Well, they did a hell of a lot more to help us in two World Wars than our Euro friends did, especially France,

WW1 http://www.uwosh.edu/faculty_staff/henson/188/WWI_Casualties and Deaths PBS.htmlo

WW2 http://everything.explained.today/Siege_of_Lille_(1940)/

Seems that Churchill didn't share your opinion.

In The Second World War (1949), Winston Churchill described the Allied defence of Lille as a "splendid contribution", which delayed the German advance for four days and allowed the escape of the British Expeditionary Force from DunkirkWilliam L. Shirer wrote in 1969 that the "gallant" defence of Lille "helped the beleaguered Anglo-French forces around the port to hold out for an additional two to three days and thus save at least 100,000 more troops". Alistair Horrne wrote in 1982 that the French defence of Lille enabled the BEF and the rest of the First Army to retreat into the Dunkirk perimeter.

France's sacrifices in WW1 were massive. And as for WW2, as others have pointed out, it was only the Channel and the power of the Royal Navy that saved Britain from suffering the exact same fate as befell France.

11 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

The so called divorce payment has already been looked at and legally, we're not obligated to pay it, so under a hard brexit the country instantly saves £39 billion.

It's funny that, people do tend to "harp" on when they have lost loved ones fighting for freedom.

Many of us either directly or indirectly ‘lost loved ones’ and whilst we are to never forget the sacrifices, one cannot. Keep referring to the past!

Otherwise shall we bring up 1066? The Spanish Armada , Richard the Lionheart, The Boers or closer to home- War of the Roses.

But then again, many cling to the nostalgia of 1966 and believe we have been robbed ever since 🙂

Sometimes people, it’s time to move on and work for the future, not the past and to avoid conflicts, as we haven’t learnt before.

Edited by Jaymo

1 minute ago, Jaymo said:

Sometimes people, it’s time to move on and work for the future and not the past and to avoid conflicts as we haven’t learnt before

In that case will you let the great battle of 2016 go and accept that we are leaving the EU ? 😂 

Joking apart, I agree , can't really keep needling the French and Italians about losing territory, when we didn't do too good ourselves in France,and HK /Singapore ?

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

In that case will you let the great battle of 2016 go and accept that we are leaving the EU ? 😂 

Joking apart, I agree , can't really keep needling the French and Italians about losing territory, when we didn't do too good ourselves in France,and HK /Singapore ?

Ah my fiendish friend- battle has only just begun

”on guard” 

🙂

For our more liberal thinking friends “en garde”

Edited by Jaymo
Forgot to add something - too early for me today :-)

20 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Many of us either directly or indirectly ‘lost loved ones’ and whilst we are to never forget the sacrifices, one cannot. Keep referring to the past!

Otherwise shall we bring up 1066? The Spanish Armada , Richard the Lionheart, The Boers or closer to home- War of the Roses.

But then again, many cling to the nostalgia of 1966 and believe we have been robbed ever since 🙂

Sometimes people, it’s time to move on and work for the future, not the past and to avoid conflicts, as we haven’t learnt before.

The difference is there are people alive today who have lived their lives without loved ones due to the Sacrifices they made for all of our freedoms, while I get your point and accept your not trying to be insensitive, in my opinion, to ask those people to not refer to the past is unreasonable.

I wonder how much media coverage this will get. 

Whilst typing the above I had a flashing memory of anti Brexit demos being mentioned in advance on the TV but I cant recall one pro Brexit demo being be mentioned in advance, its almost as if they were intentionally swelling the ranks for one political agenda and subduing the other. 😈

47321121_1183925568431003_6896515986044747776_n.png.jpg.439f3c2941694d506e3499642e971132.jpg

19 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

its almost as if they were intentionally swelling the ranks for one political agenda and subduing the other

Surely not !? Why , that would be biased, a hidden agenda ...

Anyway , everyone knows Brexit it a Russian conspiracy.

Last estimates by Bellingcat were there are 75000 Russian agents in the UK , and 17.4 million sympathizers 😂

On the assumption that democracy will be shown to be an illusion in the UK and the people will be robbed of Brexit, do many PW posters on this thread think someone will make a financial killing by selling fluorescent "yellow vests" 🤔😇

Edited by panoma1

33 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

On the assumption that democracy will be shown to be an illusion in the UK and the people will be robbed of Brexit, do many PW posters on this thread think someone will make a financial killing by selling fluorescent "yellow vests" 🤔😇

I believe a certain Mr Soros has a large stock just waiting.

7 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

I believe a certain Mr Soros has a large stock just waiting.

No, he's the one stocking New World Order Jackboots. He won't be amused by the protests against the Globalist Poster Boy Macron, just like the BBC and MSM who are hardly covering it.

15 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Being an 'island' didn't make a difference to Agincourt, Trafalgar, Waterloo and the Battle of Britain? We fought for our country and won as we should do now.

4 hours ago, Retsdon said:

WW1 http://www.uwosh.edu/faculty_staff/henson/188/WWI_Casualties and Deaths PBS.htmlo

WW2 http://everything.explained.today/Siege_of_Lille_(1940)/

Seems that Churchill didn't share your opinion.

In The Second World War (1949), Winston Churchill described the Allied defence of Lille as a "splendid contribution", which delayed the German advance for four days and allowed the escape of the British Expeditionary Force from DunkirkWilliam L. Shirer wrote in 1969 that the "gallant" defence of Lille "helped the beleaguered Anglo-French forces around the port to hold out for an additional two to three days and thus save at least 100,000 more troops". Alistair Horrne wrote in 1982 that the French defence of Lille enabled the BEF and the rest of the First Army to retreat into the Dunkirk perimeter.

France's sacrifices in WW1 were massive. And as for WW2, as others have pointed out, it was only the Channel and the power of the Royal Navy that saved Britain from suffering the exact same fate as befell France.

Absolutely.  The USA charged us for everything. Billions  that have only just been repaid. They only got involved when threatened/ attacked.  

They will only try and fleece us, especially with the current incumbent in place if a deal is to be negotiated. They litigate everyone into submission at the slightest trumped up reason. Ask any business that has tried to set up there and what they attempted to do to the likes of Cadbury. 

4 minutes ago, das said:

Being an 'island' didn't make a difference to Agincourt, Trafalgar, Waterloo and the Battle of Britain? We fought for our country and won as we should do now.

What about New Orleans, Saratoga, Kandahar, Gallipoli, Isandhlwana, Singapore, etc, etc? And as for Waterloo, if old Blucher and his Prussians hadn't finally rocked up.....

Down the years Britain has done OK militarily, but our record is far from unblemished. And in point of fact one of the reasons that Britain has, historically,  done so well from post-war peace agreements has been her canny knack of forging and belonging to powerful alliances that have not only have helped us win the wars but also helped us shape the subsequent peace deals to our advantage. 

In that respect Brexit is at total odds with our historical behavioral norms...

3 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Down the years Britain has done OK militarily

OK ? There was a time a lot of the world flew a British flag.

5 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

her canny knack of forging and belonging to powerful alliances

This is called diplomacy, the art of fighting without fighting, which we excelled at.

7 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

In that respect Brexit is at total odds with our historical behavioral norms...

This country decided by majority that it didnt want to be part of the EU anymore, its government thinks differently it would seem.
This is the fundamental issue, do the government act on the will of the people, or they do what THEY THINK is best for the people ?

Put all this BS of 'You didnt know what you were voting for' and 'The bus lied'  or 'Youre thick , you shouldnt be allowed to vote' aside, and ask yourself the question , if the will of the people is ignored after a vote that was said to be binding, what kind of government are we living under ?

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

OK ? There was a time a lot of the world flew a British flag.

This is called diplomacy, the art of fighting without fighting, which we excelled at.

This country decided by majority that it didnt want to be part of the EU anymore, its government thinks differently it would seem.
This is the fundamental issue, do the government act on the will of the people, or they do what THEY THINK is best for the people ?

Put all this BS of 'You didnt know what you were voting for' and 'The bus lied'  or 'Youre thick , you shouldnt be allowed to vote' aside, and ask yourself the question , if the will of the people is ignored after a vote that was said to be binding, what kind of government are we living under ?

Absaloutley spot on, the brexit debate has now become bigger than if we leave the EU or not, it's now a battle for democracy.

9 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Game, set, and match!