• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, martyn2233 said:

I’m liking my mp at leased he’s on the money here 

Well said that man.

Our constituency voted 70 to 30 to leave.

Not sure my MP thinks that way as hes a TM lover.

If he doesn't do what we voted for he'll be out.

Not sure I want Boris the Bungler to be PM, surely JRM is far better.

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

Give us a one issue Prime Minister.....just to get us free of the EU with our heads held high....then sort the rest out later!

Yep,at this moment in time they just have to get one issue right but whoever tries will have an uphill battle now.

May has stitched us up !

16 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

That's a vote of no confidence triggered, I hope they can replace disMay with someone who actually believes in brexit, but I won't hold my breath.

I think that's another manipulation to get her 12 months unchallenged leadership and in some ways I agree that now is not the time for a challenge. I can't see 158 Conservative MP's ousting her - but could be wrong.

Edited by Eyefor

Just now, Eyefor said:

I can't see 158 Conservative MP's ousting her

That is indeed the key question.  However - since the DUP have said that no longer have confidence, IF she stays on there will be a vote of no confidence in the government (which her party would almost certainly loose).  There would then be a general election - and she would be party leader - could she win?  I think not.

6 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

He would have been one of my choices ....... but some say he is lazy, not over bright and little more than hot air.

That is the problem............we can't choose! We are entering unknown ground, where the choice is Theresa May........or A N other?.....Indeed it could be anyone?

42 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Do you have any names to suggest?

Nigel is free...………….

I would like to point out because a lot of people, including TM, are trying to bury it. The vote was for a hard Brexit. David Cameron made that completely 100% clear before the referendum 

Not a fudged half hearted compromise, if people like TM and Ollie Robbins hadn't been trying to negotiate a non Brexit we wouldn't be in this ++++ now with no clear plan

Edited by Vince Green

To quote a fishing mate of mine "This Brexit thing is great for democracy. The original result of the referendum got rid of Cameron and brought in a PM that no one voted for. She then called a General Election and barely got voted for and had to shack up with a load of loons to form a non effective government. Now she might get ousted and we get yet another PM no one voted for. Yay Brexit"

Tight Lines

Aled

44 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

He would have been one of my choices ....... but some say he is lazy, not over bright and little more than hot air.

David Davies.

Friends of my family know him (I don't) and they say the same.

Cheers

Aled

27 minutes ago, dead eye alan said:

My choice would be JRM, at the moment, a no nonsense approach and get us out of this mess

I think he would be a good choice ....... but I'm not sure he will stand.  He is a back bencher, so no ministerial experience.

I do wonder if he could win a general election as he is seen as too 'toff'.

Edited by JohnfromUK

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

but some say he is lazy, not over bright and little more than hot air.

On leaving Bec Grammar School in Tooting, his A Level results were not good enough to secure a university place, so Davis worked as an insurance clerk and became an infantry soldier in the Territorial Army's 21 SAS (Artists) Regiment, in order to earn the money to retake his examinations. After doing so, he was able to win a place at the University of Warwick (BSc Joint Hons Molecular Science/Computer Science 1968–71). Whilst at Warwick, he was one of the founding members of the student radio station, University Radio Warwick and he founded a men's choir.[7] He went straight on from there to London Business School, where he got a master's degree in Business (1971–73), and, later, Harvard University (Advanced Management Program 1984–85).

Davis worked for Tate & Lyle for 17 years, rising to become a senior executive, including restructuring its troubled Canadian subsidiary, Redpath Sugar.[8] He wrote about his business experiences in the 1988 book How to Turn Round a Company.

Lazy and not over bright ?

A man who worked his way up from nothing to become a government minister, with no silver spoons in sight, and no dirt involved.
A rarity in politics.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Lazy and not over bright ?

A man who worked his way up from nothing to become a government minister, with no silver spoons in sight, and no dirt involved.

I did particularly state that "some say" because I don't have an opinion myself, not really knowing anything other than what I read. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-davis-thick-as-mince-lazy-as-a-toad-dominic-cummings-a7845911.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/15/david-daviss-former-chief-staff-suggests-lazy-works-three-days/

I actually quite respect him, but since he turns 70 this month, and has already had the 'Brexit Secretary' job, he may know a good time to keep his head down.