scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Aled said:

Pinfireman really interesting points and said with passion, fair enough, but I have mentioned this before, my family members who are Valleys people to the core voted Leave in the referendum, however as they have done for many years they will still be voting Labour at the next general election. Whether Brexit happens or not is not relevant to them when it comes to whom they vote for during a general election. I'm not taking sides here, just saying how it is for the people I know.

Cheers

Aled

That is a very good example of the exact situation pinfireman is talking about, the reason a Labour and not Conservative seat is always guaranteed in parts of the valleys is due to the anger that will never be forgotten towards the Cons, if brexit is not delivered I believe the Conservatives are finished. People will not forget. 

1 hour ago, Aled said:

Pinfireman really interesting points and said with passion, fair enough, but I have mentioned this before, my family members who are Valleys people to the core voted Leave in the referendum, however as they have done for many years they will still be voting Labour at the next general election. Whether Brexit happens or not is not relevant to them when it comes to whom they vote for during a general election. I'm not taking sides here, just saying how it is for the people I know.

Cheers

Aled

Hi Aled, My Grandad came from the Valleys...his dad was a founder member of the Welsh Labour party........I know the political passions of the area. But a suggestion would be, they let the local MP know that they do not support his Brexit stance, if he is a Remoaner! And that they may withdraw their support at election time...this does NOT mean they vote for anyone else, but it just adds pressure to the MP to do the right thing >?

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

That is a very good example of the exact situation pinfireman is talking about, the reason a Labour and not Conservative seat is always guaranteed in parts of the valleys is due to the anger that will never be forgotten towards the Cons, if brexit is not delivered I believe the Conservatives are finished. People will not forget. 

Ver true! 14 million voted UKIP in the 2014 EU elections, 17.4 million  people voted to Leave,.....and 4.5 million voted UKIP at the last General Election.  That,s a lot of people to pee off ! I believe the traitor MPs are banking on the public having short memories, and reverting to type in 2022 (or before!).

That is NOT going to happen.....we intend to keep their treachery firmly in the public eye! The people are sovereign, NOT cheap politicians!

I see where you are coming from pinfire, but I can't see them doing it, a small number of people may, but nowhere near enough to ensure the seat goes to anybody else but the present Labour candidate, whatever his/her stance on Brexit.

Cheers

Aled

Hate to be saying this but the tories have turned out to be a busted flush - largely I suspect because most of them are successfull business men already doing business in EU - or are on boards of firms that deal with EU a lot.

Edited by Dave-G
typo

If you have an hour to spare, make yourself comfortable, pour yourself a little of what you fancy and settle down to watch just how this country was, through lies and deceit, entangled into the mire that is the EU.

It's a documentary from 2005, long before Brexit was even a word. A story told with interviews from those who were, or were close to the decision makers throughout the whole shambolic process.

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Dear BBC. Please don't say it like it is. 

Exactly, on the point of no deal Brexit the entire UK will..

A. Crash into a virtual wall of trade barriers and physically shatter against the might of the EU behemoth 🤣

B. Prove flat earth theory as truth by literally falling off a cliff edge cunningly placed in the Channel by the alchemist wizards in Brussels 😂

All this will definitely come to pass, for so it is written in the Book of  FEAR ! 🙄

11 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

easy access to their holiday homes in Tuscany, the uninterrupted supply of Quinoa and the continuation of the Erasmus program for their children.

Jesus man , its a basic human RIGHT ! Whats wrong with you ? 🤣

20 hours ago, Aled said:

I see where you are coming from pinfire, but I can't see them doing it, a small number of people may, but nowhere near enough to ensure the seat goes to anybody else but the present Labour candidate, whatever his/her stance on Brexit.

Cheers

Aled

True, but even a little pressure can have results.......

8 hours ago, Rewulf said:

FB_IMG_1547281061513.jpg

CORRECT! 

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

and I bet the biased so and so ignored it!

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Dear BBC. Please don't say it like it is. :lol:

Rubbish, as usual!

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Fixed it for you :good:

:good:

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Exactly, on the point of no deal Brexit the entire UK will..

A. Crash into a virtual wall of trade barriers and physically shatter against the might of the EU behemoth 🤣

B. Prove flat earth theory as truth by literally falling off a cliff edge cunningly placed in the Channel by the alchemist wizards in Brussels 😂

All this will definitely come to pass, for so it is written in the Book of  FEAR ! 🙄

:good:

1 hour ago, yod dropper said:

The staff at the BBC use this language as they are mainly concerned about easy access to their holiday homes in Tuscany, the uninterrupted supply of Quinoa and the continuation of the Erasmus program for their children.

and the bungs from George Soros, who funds the Remoaner campaign! (and he,s not even British!)

This is another article I found interesting regarding jaguar/Land rover, I could smell the EU would have a part to play in it and as usual brexit was blamed by mainstream media despite the fact brexit hasn't happened yet and likely won't. 

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/business/2019/01/11/jacob-rees-mogg-calls-for-probe-into-jlrs-slovakian-sweetener/

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

This is another article I found interesting regarding jaguar/Land rover, I could smell the EU would have a part to play in it and as usual brexit was blamed by mainstream media despite the fact brexit hasn't happened yet and likely won't. 

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/business/2019/01/11/jacob-rees-mogg-calls-for-probe-into-jlrs-slovakian-sweetener/

On the same note, this is an article from 2015, so before the Brexit vote and indeed no mention of Brexit from JLR.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/dec/11/jaguar-land-rover-factory-slovakia-uk-jobs-union

The boss of JLR does mention a downturn in sales in China, so it's not a new thing, but also quells union concerns about UK job losses. Latest figures show the net monthly wage in Slovakia to be £756 compared to £1826 in the UK, so my guess is that JLR can blame China, diesel and Brexit as much as they like but with a £100m bung from the Slovakian govt. and a cheap eastern european workforce the writing was always on the wall. But hey that's globalism for you!!

On 10/01/2019 at 11:23, panoma1 said:

Fell for what? The SUGGESTION that we COULD fund the NHS INSTEAD of giving the money to the EU!....how does agreeing with that suggestion make anyone a "donkey"?

To the Remoaners, anyone who disagrees with them is a donkey!  They suffer from "Losers Syndrome" !

On 10/01/2019 at 11:29, Yellow Bear said:

No  the donkeys fell for project fear

They certainly did!

On 10/01/2019 at 13:31, 12gauge82 said:

What's that then, that the government would hold a referendum with the largest numbers of voters this country has ever seen and expect the result to be respected? Imagine falling for that, they must have been stupid! (I'm being sarcastic by the way, incase you struggle to get it) 

I don,t think he gets it!

On 10/01/2019 at 14:25, Dave-G said:

Still cannot believe so many donkeys want to keep dumping so many millions of funds we need not borrow into a wasteful gravy train with no accounting to be shared out between unelected European despots and other minions just to be able to do business with their peoples, AND let them dominate us too. :no:

You are not alone in that, my friend!

2 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

They suffer from "Losers Syndrome"

It looks highly likely that thanks to Mr Corbyn, Mr Grieve, Mr Benn etc. ably (and treacherously) assisted by probably the worst and most biased speaker in modern times, the remoaners, despite having lost the vote - may win the outcome.  How much more 'anti democratic' can you get?

44 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It looks highly likely that thanks to Mr Corbyn, Mr Grieve, Mr Benn etc. ably (and treacherously) assisted by probably the worst and most biased speaker in modern times, the remoaners, despite having lost the vote - may win the outcome.  How much more 'anti democratic' can you get?

They don't want EU to fail - and its much more likely to fail unless we keep borrowing money to keep feeding it with cash and best business's. Ironically Germany is only able to fund its leadership of EU because our soppy government let it avoid paying several trillions of war reparations it owe's us - which we had to borrow to defend ourselves from them! Our perverted guvment just can't seem to stop heamoraging money to them.

I watched the news the other night when it was claimed farmers were worrying about some subsidies being withdrawn 'if' we leave the EU. A farmer mate was exasperated when I talked to him as he'd seen it too, and he voted to leave. Like he says, it's not EU money; it's money the UK gave to the EU, where they decide how much we get back, so in other words its our money anyhow!