scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

worried about our pension are we  -  no half as much as I am worried about mine if Corbyn's puppet masters get into power

Anyone on a pension will suffer badly because inflation will be higher and rising - and many (including me) have a good part of our  pensions 'fixed'.  But Labour have always wanted more people dependant on State handouts - and that is one way they achieve it.  It will also be hard for any mortgage payers (which is many many people) because interest rates will rise - as will mortgage payments.

You cannot get away from a failing economy being bad for virtually everyone - and Labour has always caused a failing economy.

Edited by JohnfromUK

56 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

worried about our pension are we  -  no half as much as I am worried about mine if Corbyn's puppet masters get into power

Only one thing worries me more than staying in the EU, and that is a Corbyn led labour government. Woe indeed would be us. 

59 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

No mine's good 👍.  Just making the point that neither is that great. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Only one thing worries me more than staying in the EU, and that is a Corbyn led labour government. Woe indeed would be us. 

🙂 Only one thing worries me more than leaving without a deal is a Corbyn led labour government. Woe indeed would be us. 

12 hours ago, oowee said:

Unlike the current administration then. 

I can just imagine what the anti-semites under Corbyn would achieve!  Total catastrophe! and another 3 million immigrants!

8 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Where's that come from please?

Instead of EU taking us with it when it sinks?

Source:  Guido Fawkes   www.order-order

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

People who are asking for a second referendum (or a peoples vote for that matter) are clearly remainers with an agenda to overturn the result of the first referendum and the subsequent election. Why else would they want one? Many of the suggestions for a peoples vote have put forward questions for the ballot paper that are very obviously loaded towards remain by dividing the leave vote in one way or another.

Yet its funny, they don't want to demand that the EU nationals, including the Irish, on the electoral register be prevented from voting this time should there be one. 

Nobody is talking about the anarchy that would result from such a blatently undemocratic attempt to hijack the process of democracy. Do they really think we would just say "Oh well, that's that then"?

The "Peoples Vote" is Remain, under another nam! Funded by the same people! It has NOTHING to do with the people, it,s just a nasty ruse to fool the public into thinking that is what  the man in the street wants! It should be exposed at every opportunity!

15 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

The "Peoples Vote" is Remain, under another nam! Funded by the same people! It has NOTHING to do with the people, it,s just a nasty ruse to fool the public into thinking that is what  the man in the street wants! It should be exposed at every opportunity!

It also includes EU residents. 

22 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

So another Soros ploy to subvert the out vote then.

18 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

The "Peoples ....."

is a typical lefty 'buzzword' like the Democratic Peoples Republic of ......., the Great Hall of the People,   They don't have anything to do with 'the people' (other than they often pay for them).

The truth is that for all countries/regimes/states, the people pay the bills ............  but the political elite pull the strings of power.  Generally - if somewhere includes the title of "Democratic" in its name, it is a dictatorship.  Even ourselves as the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" is only notionally a kingdom, in that Royalty has no power to rule.

There are a few "Kingdoms" (Saudi Arabia springs to mind) mainly in the middle east where the ruling family has power, and of course the Democratic Peoples Republic of North Korea is a family dictatorship akin to a Kingdom.

4 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

So another Soros ploy to subvert the out vote then.

I expect if you turned over a stone, Blair would be lurking there as well ........ though I don't see him putting his hand in his pocket.  Too mean.

32 minutes ago, oowee said:

What do you mean ?

The peoples vote , a part of soros's project chaos, want to give EU residents in the UK  a vote on it too  ?
Well that seems perfectly reasonable doesnt it ? 🤣
I bet hes already planning the transportation for an extra million or so to get them here in the case of it happening.
Thats on top of the 3 million already here, theres nothing like a good fair vote on a matter eh ?

Itll make the poll tax riots look like a Sunday afternoon picnic.

5 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Half the country wants to stay ... and is united in that view.

Half the country wants to leave ... but is bitterly divided on how.

The majority in this situation ... is stay. 

A moment of clarity?

If 'half the country' were a majority, perhaps.
The clarity has been lost in the bickering of Westminster, and the interference of foreign people and states.
If you gave the leavers a choice of leave with no deal, or not leave at all, what do you think they would pick ?

5 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

And that's the point .... many leavers would not want to leave with no deal .... the hard liners are all for it ....

I disagree, the fact that they felt the best course of action was to vote leave, despite all the possible consequences, despite project fear, means they felt strongly enough about it to risk it. 

A deal was wholly dependent on what the EU was willing to give, and that's virtually nothing, I for one was certainly under no illusions of the likely outcome of negotiations with a party that REALLY didn't want us to go. 

18 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I disagree, the fact that they felt the best course of action was to vote leave, despite all the possible consequences, despite project fear, means they felt strongly enough about it to risk it. 

A deal was wholly dependent on what the EU was willing to give, and that's virtually nothing, I for one was certainly under no illusions of the likely outcome of negotiations with a party that REALLY didn't want us to go. 

Of course the EU appear to have given little they are surprise surprise sticking to their integrity. 

The quitters were saying from the start that the EU HAD to do a deal it was in there interest more than ours. Many of us were saying this was rubbish but the quitters would not listen. 

We need to find a compromise in parliament. Everyone except the extremists will only be a little upset .The new working group looks promising. 

Foreign and Commonwealth Office staff have been sent a memorandum by the Head of the Diplomatic Service Sir Simon McDonald. It reveals that staff will be moved from current roles to work on No Deal from the middle of February. Talented and experienced individuals are being poached to be deployed in EU impact areas. Non EU-Exit work is being ‘delayed, dropped or done differently’…

A co-conspirator has told Guido that Remainer FCO staff are “very down, across the grades” and that morale is low. Apparently the threats to be moved to Brexit duties not going down well with staff…

Stepping up our No Deal planning
Yesterday the FCC’s Executive Committee (ExCo) agreed to intensify our contingency planning to manage a No Deal scenario. This includes working with Directorates to release staff from the ‘20%’ Directorate Crisis Lists for a potential No Deal response from mid-February (the 18th is pencilled in), as well as identifying experienced individuals to be deployed to EU Exit impacted areas outside of the Crisis Centre and to new short-term roles in the Europe network. The latter could require up to 5% of staff.

This will have a significant impact on Directorates so we will need to be rigorous in our prioritisation of non-EU Exit work. Prioritisation guidance for Directors will follow shortly to help them make decisions about what non-EU Exit work to delay, drop or do differently. We will also need to adapt the way we work, including relying more on Posts, devolving decision-making to more junior levels and streamlining central processes.

As part of this work, colleagues in HR Directorate have been looking carefully at what changes they can make to HR policies and processes More detail on this will follow next week.

It looks like the Foreign Office is finally accepting we are leaving. Not only that, they realise it might be on ‘no deal’ terms…

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

Half the country wants to stay ... and is united in that view.

Half the country wants to leave ... but is bitterly divided on how.

The majority in this situation ... is stay. 

A moment of clarity?

Correction....less than half the country wants to stay! 

MORE than half the country wants to Leave! and the only ones bitterly divided  on how are in Westminster!

17.4 beats 16.2....or at least it did when I attended school....perhaps you were taught differently?

56 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

And that's the point .... many leavers would not want to leave with no deal .... the hard liners are all for it ....

Who says? The only ones bleating about this are in Westminster! There is NO EVIDENCE that Leave voters are divided,  but there is evidence that many who voted Remain would now vote Leave, if only to re-assert democracy!

27 minutes ago, oowee said:

Of course the EU appear to have given little they are surprise surprise sticking to their integrity. 

The quitters were saying from the start that the EU HAD to do a deal it was in there interest more than ours. Many of us were saying this was rubbish but the quitters would not listen. 

We need to find a compromise in parliament. Everyone except the extremists will only be a little upset .The new working group looks promising. 

No, it looks like a sell-out bunch of traitors to democracy! I appreciate that "democracy" is a foreign word to you..........

The German foreign minister Heiko Maas has said Germany will step up its preparations for any disorderly Brexit, according to Reuters.

He added: "In the coming days and weeks, we will do everything we can so that Britain exits with and not without an agreement."

Corbyn is definitely in trouble:

Labour MP Chuka Umunna, who is passionately pro-EU, said Jeremy Corbyn should "of course" meet with Theresa May.

"I don't think there should be any preconditions. And I also think she should drop her red lines," he said.

"By having preconditions for a meeting with the prime minister, does that make it more likely or less likely that you're going to be able to stop no-deal?

"I don't see how not meeting with her is going to increase the chances of stopping no-deal."

12 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

Foreign and Commonwealth Office staff have been sent a memorandum by the Head of the Diplomatic Service Sir Simon McDonald. It reveals that staff will be moved from current roles to work on No Deal from the middle of February. Talented and experienced individuals are being poached to be deployed in EU impact areas. Non EU-Exit work is being ‘delayed, dropped or done differently’…

A co-conspirator has told Guido that Remainer FCO staff are “very down, across the grades” and that morale is low. Apparently the threats to be moved to Brexit duties not going down well with staff…

Stepping up our No Deal planning
Yesterday the FCC’s Executive Committee (ExCo) agreed to intensify our contingency planning to manage a No Deal scenario. This includes working with Directorates to release staff from the ‘20%’ Directorate Crisis Lists for a potential No Deal response from mid-February (the 18th is pencilled in), as well as identifying experienced individuals to be deployed to EU Exit impacted areas outside of the Crisis Centre and to new short-term roles in the Europe network. The latter could require up to 5% of staff.

This will have a significant impact on Directorates so we will need to be rigorous in our prioritisation of non-EU Exit work. Prioritisation guidance for Directors will follow shortly to help them make decisions about what non-EU Exit work to delay, drop or do differently. We will also need to adapt the way we work, including relying more on Posts, devolving decision-making to more junior levels and streamlining central processes.

As part of this work, colleagues in HR Directorate have been looking carefully at what changes they can make to HR policies and processes More detail on this will follow next week.

It looks like the Foreign Office is finally accepting we are leaving. Not only that, they realise it might be on ‘no deal’ terms…

Correction....less than half the country wants to stay! 

MORE than half the country wants to Leave! and the only ones bitterly divided  on how are in Westminster!

17.4 beats 16.2....or at least it did when I attended school....perhaps you were taught differently?

Last night 325/631 votes cast supported the Government or 51.5 %, haven't heard half of Parliament bleating for 2nd vote on that!!.

5 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

It HAS to remain an option on the table.  Unless the EU takes away the threat of not being able to exit the 'deal' backstop - our backstop MUST be to be able to leave with no deal.

The whole purpose of Brexit was to be able to regain control - here in the UK - over the UK its policies, trade, borders, courts and laws.  Either the deal has to allow that - or we cannot sign up to that deal - and a 'no deal' comes about by default on 29th March.  It isn't 'rocket science'.

I would like a deal - it would be better (in my opinion) for both the EU and the UK.  Yes - it would cost, possibly a whopping £39 billion, but for the right deal - that might be a price we pay.  But a deal with a 'backstop that puts a border in the Irish sea between different parts of the UK is not acceptable and a deal that says you can't pull out of the backstop without our permission isn't acceptable.  It won't pass Parliament, so Mrs May either has to get that changed - or forget that deal.

8 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

but there is evidence that many who voted Remain would now vote Leave, if only to re-assert democracy!

And I am one