• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, hambone said:

Think you would have more leadership problems than May and Corbyn combined 😂😂

Cheeky ***. Me and 12g could sort it 😋 We would need some decent expenses first though and a good sized trough for our snouts (well mine at any rate). 

Why is the BBC giving Blair airtime?

I wouldn't trust him to go to the shop for a bag of sweets. He's admitted to Andrew Neil that he's been negotiating with the enemy on how to stop brexit. People used to be put up against the wall for less.

43 minutes ago, toxo said:

Why is the BBC giving Blair airtime?

I wouldn't trust him to go to the shop for a bag of sweets. He's admitted to Andrew Neil that he's been negotiating with the enemy on how to stop brexit. People used to be put up against the wall for less.

There's plenty of folk on here (PW) who would willingly stand 20 paces in front of the wall if Bliar was stood with his back to it!  

Labour MP Chuka Umunna, who is passionately pro-EU, said Jeremy Corbyn should "of course" meet with Theresa May.

He's not usually as fussy about who he meets. Maybe he should have made a condition before meeting them that they stopped murdering people. 

50124823_335701857028382_3125846029451132928_n.jpg

10 hours ago, oowee said:

Your an extremist if your view is at the far end of a spectrum.  

Very few are trying to reverse Brexit. All hands to the wheel and try and find that compromise for brexit that enacts the majority vote and gives the the country what the majority wants. Too much posturing whilst the country goes down the pan, get us out of this mess and lets get on with business. 

Neville Chamberlain tried to find a compromise with our European "friends" in 1939.................we all know how that worked out! As Churchill once said, "If the choice is Europe, or the sea, we should always take the sea!

Edited by pinfireman
spelling

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I enjoy moving about so I've lived since the referendum took place South Wales, West coast Scotland, East Coast Scotland, Somerset and Surrey, your of course right, there is also a division in voting between major city's and the rest of the country, but I would again guess that is due to the number of people living in city's that weren't born in the UK or their parents weren't, they probably aren't as nationalist as those whose family's have lived solely in the UK for generations, again, just my guess. 

In other words, not British!

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Cheeky ***. Me and 12g could sort it 😋 We would need some decent expenses first though and a good sized trough for our snouts (well mine at any rate). 

You will find a trough like that in Brussels!

18 hours ago, das said:

I'm getting old and sod the EU, I want out for the sake of my children and grandchilden👉

These were almost my mums exact words, and I'd never known her vote at a general election in my life.

get out, take stock see what happens 👍 

Trade Secretary Liam Fox has come out fighting against some senior Remainers in the Cabinet who are reportedly pushing for membership of the EU’s Customs Union. He told the BBC that Customs Union membership would not be delivering Brexit.

“We would have to apply European trade law without having a say in how it’s made, and we would also have to apply what’s called the common external tariff, which would restrict our ability to make agreements outside the European Union’s ability to do so. It would not be in my view delivering Brexit.”

Leaving the EU in control of our trade is the opposite of taking back control…

Boris was at the JCB factory in Staffordshire this morning to deliver a big set-piece speech on Brexit. His fundamental message was for British politicians to “stop fighting each other” and turn around to “face the real obstacle” – the trap of the backstop:

“We need to escape the trap of the Irish backstop and it’s frankly more than disappointing that in the five weeks since the deal was whisked off the table before Parliament could vote it down, we haven’t even tried to get rid of it. We haven’t even asked!”

This sums up many Brexiteers’ frustrations about Theresa May’s apparent refusal to even ask the EU to make significant changes to what is manifestly the single greatest obstacle to a deal being done. The perception of Downing Street is that they are scared to even suggest serious alterations for fear of offending the EU, on the advice of their so-called EU “sherpas”. The only place the “sherpas” have led the UK is to this pitiful deal…

Meanwhile Guido hears that one senior Remainer has even been receiving calls from his EU buddies in a panic about the backstop derailing the deal altogether. If May wants to get her own MPs and the DUP back on board, her best chance is by finally showing some backbone on the backstop…

Edited by pinfireman
spelling

DUP leader Arlene Foster has taken the unusual step of putting out a formal statement rebutting The Times story this morning which claimed that the DUP are “edg[ing] towards customs union”. Foster attacks it as “inaccurate” and “no doubt designed to undermine efforts to get the necessary changes to the Withdrawal Agreement”.

She dismisses the story “as an attempt to cause division”, adding that “such tactics are not new to us and as in the past will not succeed”. Robust…

dup-rebuttal.jpg?resize=540%2C474&ssl=1

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

Its always the same on here the boys just will not listen and cannot see what is happening around them. 

What's happening? 

OK, 60 words or less, let's keep it simple. I'll start. 

We voted to leave the EU, the people in the big house didn't really want to, and keep arguing about it, hoping we'll all get fed up/bored  enough to make us vote on it again, until we decide to stay. 

How's that? 

The BBC have been pushing a story all morning about a “surge in shortage of common medicines”, reporting that 80 medicines were on the “shortage of supply” list in December which the NHS can pay a premium for, “up from 45 in October”. Naturally they are trying to link it to Brexit with the entirely nebulous line that “there are now concerns that uncertainty over Brexit will only make the situation worse”. What the BBC fail to mention until much further down the article is that this number is actually down on the figure for November 2017. They even have a graph showing it…

Scroll down yet further and the article explicitly states: “Generic shortages started peaking in 2017, so it is not possible to say that this issue has arisen because we are so close to Brexit” before quoting Sandra Gidley, chairwoman of the English Pharmacy Board who was also a Liberal Democrat MP from 2000 to 2010. Her words: “Brexit is not a factor… Shortages have been a problem for some years. It’s a fluctuating problem.”

A furious Whitehall source said: “This sort of scaremongering is completely outrageous – and to have it coming from a broadcaster that is meant to act in the public interest is unacceptable.” When even a Lib Dem is saying Brexit is not to blame you know you’re on shaky ground…

Typical rubbish from the BBC !

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

What's happening? 

OK, 60 words or less, let's keep it simple. I'll start. 

We voted to leave the EU, the people in the big house didn't really want to, and keep arguing about it, hoping we'll all get fed up/bored  enough to make us vote on it again, until we decide to stay. 

How's that? 

Nail on head,

1 minute ago, pinfireman said:

The BBC have been pushing a story all morning about a “surge in shortage of common medicines”, reporting that 80 medicines were on the “shortage of supply” list in December which the NHS can pay a premium for, “up from 45 in October”. Naturally they are trying to link it to Brexit with the entirely nebulous line that “there are now concerns that uncertainty over Brexit will only make the situation worse”. What the BBC fail to mention until much further down the article is that this number is actually down on the figure for November 2017. They even have a graph showing it…

Scroll down yet further and the article explicitly states: “Generic shortages started peaking in 2017, so it is not possible to say that this issue has arisen because we are so close to Brexit” before quoting Sandra Gidley, chairwoman of the English Pharmacy Board who was also a Liberal Democrat MP from 2000 to 2010. Her words: “Brexit is not a factor… Shortages have been a problem for some years. It’s a fluctuating problem.”

A furious Whitehall source said: “This sort of scaremongering is completely outrageous – and to have it coming from a broadcaster that is meant to act in the public interest is unacceptable.” When even a Lib Dem is saying Brexit is not to blame you know you’re on shaky ground…

Typical rubbish from the BBC !

I heard Sandra Gidley talking on Radio 4 this morning; she was 100% clear that this was not due to Brexit.

UKIP’s nutty conspiracist leader Gerard Batten has inspired a series of increasingly deranged tweets, culminating in this corker. Hostilities have grown after Batten left Nige’s EFDD group in the European Parliament this week, to join Marine Le Penn’s EFD.

Guido understands that Batten has his personal communications chief, Chris Hicks running the official UKIP Twitter account. Batten is doing his level best to make Cameron’s fruitcakes and loonies jibe true after all…

BBC Question Time’s representative audience gave a massive cheer to the prospect of the Government walking away from their talks with the EU without a deal. Second referendum campaigners might need to reassess their cockiness, the Question Time audience is selected to be representative of the country. Unlike the 4-1 Remain voting panel…

Despite the constant claims of Continuity Remainers that people have changed their minds on Brexit, polls have consistently failed to show any significant shifts in public support for leaving the EU since the referendum. That’s before considering the large proportion of Remain voters who accept the result even though they still don’t support Brexit itself…

The latest ComRes poll asked voters whether they wanted to see the referendum result respected and found a clear majority in favour. Excluding ‘don’t knows’ (18%), 65% of people agreed that the result should be respected, while only 35% disagreed. Remoaners’ tasteless stunts are doing little to change people’s minds…